shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Repair saga with pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
What a long process this has been! I must say, I have worn my e-ring for long periods of time with significant appreciation for it & what it stands for.
BUT.... it was never really right.

Two years ago, I got this ring:

origeringdbgaap.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
It wasn't the same as the ring we had ordered, so I returned to the store & they re-ordered the right ring.

dbgaap100.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Side view:

dbgaap101.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
But the ring still bothered me because the prongs were so fat and it was asymetrical. I took it to a local jeweler and asked if he could fix it. He said no, so, I bought another setting -by Lieberfarb. It was relatively inexpensive and he re-set my diamond on the spot.
Here is the Lieberfarb (I bought the matching wedding band, too)

lieberfarb5.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
The Lieberfarb has gold prongs.
It is made of 14k gold.

lieberfarb6.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
When I got married, I moved close to where Quest is located, so I went and asked them if they could fix the original e-ring.

(my husband kept offering to go out and buy me another stone to put in the orig e-ring. I decided I'd try one more time to get it fixed and put my diamond back in it)

By this time, I was a little worried about throwing good money after bad, you know?

Here is the result:

Questdbgaap.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Another view-

questrepair.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
with my stepcat, puppy

blurrypuppy.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I wear it with my ruby & diamond eternity band (Memoire)

faceup.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is still not PERFECT and I am obviously obsessed with perfection..... but several good things came out of all this:
My husband now realizes that I am a jewelry hound and he''s OK with it.
I found Quest!!! Yea! I will be going back to them for new projects.
I get to wear my original wedding band again- it is a Jabel 18k diestruck band and I love the weight, color, shape & comfort of my wedding band.

While I was waiting for the ring repair to be completed, I found a jewelry store (Khoury Bros) that carries a nice selection of high quality engagement rings and they will sell the setting only & set a diamond for you.
I found a ring I love- a Verragio (not a typical Verragio but a very sleek & streamlined solitaire -sorry I can''t locate a pic on the web).
They will make it out of 18k yellow gold, too.
So... for now I will wear this Quest repair.
I may someday have Quest re-work it again into a 3 stone ring (with a sapphire centerstone) for my right hand and get the sleek solitaire I crave for my left hand. I want a thinner e-ring and wear the bulkier one on my right hand.
That is next year''s project..... becuase while I am at it, i must consider upgrading the stone on my left hand, too!
This stone is just a fraction over 1 carat, I1 (eyeclean) J color with a pretty good cut.
It has made me very happy, but alas, I am hooked now.

ps all you picture posters, I bow to you. That was a lot of work, learning how to crop & size photos and upload them. I hope it gets easier! This took me 2 hours!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ruby/diamond eternity band with your ring!

That is a combination that never entered my mind -- but it''s so fun and pretty.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s gorgeous, and I''m so glad you are happy now!!!!

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
I love the setting! Very elegant and classic. It is very pretty..enjoy!

By the way, your kitty is so cute - he looks just like one of mine!

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
I think we should start a new thread...pics of our jewelry with our pets! Hee, hee!
41.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
DG, I thought the same thing! Pics of our jewelry with our animals!
30.gif
I love it when people post their rings with their cats or dogs. That also looks like one of my cats!

DB, I love the rework of your ring. It looks nice.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
DB, on a side note, I love how you named your cat Puppy. My sister''s dog is named Kitty because she had to give her cat away when she married because her husband is badly allergic to cats. She thought if she could name a dog Kitty, it would make her feel like she still had a cat!
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
DB, I really like the changes Quest made. Alas it sounds as if you too have been bitten (hard) by the same malaise that stalks this board. Oh well, we have fun don''t we?

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Quest did a great job and I love that picture with the ruby band!!! Yummy! (And purrs to your kitty)

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, Puppy enjoyed her moment in the spotlight!
Quest really did a beautiful job making over this ring.
I left my wedding band with them to match it up to the e-ring.
They polished both and now they look beautiful together.

But, I am bitten by the bug.
I looked at diamonds today, Hearts of Fire and some whiter stones.
I am pretty sure I will be moving up to from J to something much whiter.
I probably won''t go much bigger, though..... maybe 1.5 carat tops...
cheers!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the picture with the eternity band..very nice. Quest did a great job..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results