shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkly and Dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that''s interesting....I''m already afraid the tip of my pear would gouge my future children''s eyes out...but THAT thing....YIKES.
23.gif
And for sure I''d chip the culet.
20.gif
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never say never!

Rose-cut-Diamond-Ring-7909.gif

Link to rose cut ring

Joking, of course. That one is a wonderful rose cut! It isn't small feat to find one so well cut and so high - not at all
10.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
see page 78 of JEWELRY W Spring 2006 for van cleef & arpel''s sapphire version. sorry i can''t find an online picture to post.....but it is certainly one hunk of pointed sapphire! cabachon with point in the air and exquiste blue.

movie zombie

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2006 4:27:02 AM
Author: valeria101

I think that shape is called 'sugarloaf' cabochon. Any idea why?

I will take a stab at it - there is a mountain called the Sugarloaf Mountain in Brazil, I wonder if that is how it got it's name, it looks like a mountain shape.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen these reverse (upside down) diamonds on ebay.

I don''t understand the concept??? Has anyone seen one in person?

Blod
33.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2006 6:05:12 AM
Author: blodthecat

I have seen these reverse (upside down) diamonds on ebay.

I don''t understand the concept??? Has anyone seen one in person?

Yeah... small ones. Like pave upside down.

Do I get it? Not really - sort of a random cool thing to do, I suppose. A pin on Garry''s Precious Metals webpage has brown diamonds set upside down to stand in for the spikes of a hedgehog - that''s the only jewelry design I have ever seen in person or picture where upside down diamonds make sense! (other than having upside down diamonds in Australia
9.gif
).

The first picture on this thread looks like a cheeky Tiffany joke - never had the dubious pleasure to find a ring set with a large diamond upside down. Although... it is probably a matter of not having seen enough crazy jewelry design!
11.gif
Not quite but close: Chanel had one on which the center stone, a princess cut diamond, could be turned and worn either table-up or culet up. It was a large dome ring with diamond paved stars. Maybe someone remembers what the collection was called? I can''t for the life of me. I have seen the ring in a shop a while back, so no pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That hedgepig pin sounds cool!
3.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana, you got the shape right but the other ring is an even more pointed and i think a better quality sapphire color...and the other ring has llots lots more diamonds. incredible is all i can say.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results