shape
carat
color
clarity

Richey''s riches?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bôscäge

Rough_Rock
I''ve been in search of the perfect engagement ring for my love over the past several months. Originally set on a Gailen Abaci, I did my research which led me to Kretchmer''s tensions settings. Simply astounding! I was sure the hard omega was the one until this afternoon when I stumbled upon a little shop "Richey" set in the charming Old Port of Portland, Maine. The shop boasts a wide selection of contemporary pieces, but the particular rings that caught my eye were by William Richey. I had never heard of him, even though he and his family lived in my home town for some years. Needless to say his new line of tension style settings are wonderful (not on his website yet). His delightful wife, Marlene, runs the shop and was extremely helpful in educating me on her husbands work. Had this been a car purchase I would have been sold, but this is far to important to jump into on whim.

I was hoping I would return home and be able to search these forums for commentary on his work, but to my dismay when doing so I found only a few mentions of his name. Is there anyone who has opinions or personal experiences Richey''s riches? I am in love with the thought of being able to work with an artist with roots so close to home. (Granted Michael Good and Etienne Perret are desierable locals, but not neccesarily the styles I''m in search of.)

Also, this is my first post, so I''d like to extend a big thank you to all of you. This is such a great resource.

John

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not seen any tension setting by WR... Sounds very tempting! The few pieces I have seen were very well done and quite beautiful.

IMO, the rings are not as simple as they look. I would not try to have something ''in style'' made. If you like his work, this is it.

You may find a couple of pieces (and the occasional rock bottom discount on them!) at a www jewelry gallery: kanemarie.com.

This is about all that comes to mind.

Best of luck!
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results