shape
carat
color
clarity

Brangelina Engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHAT DOES THE RING LOOK LIKE???? I don''t care about anything else.
12.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 12:09:19 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
12.gif
For some reason, I don''t think there''d be a flashy ring even if they were engaged. Both being humanitarians etc, I just don''t see Angelina showing up at a Unicef-type meeting flashing a 5 carat rock. It''d probably be something subtle, like a plain band...or made with earth-friendly materials such as hemp rope. Or, it could just be vials of the other''s blood around the neck (oops, that''s been done)!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 12:20:14 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

12.gif
For some reason, I don''t think there''d be a flashy ring even if they were engaged. Both being humanitarians etc, I just don''t see Angelina showing up at a Unicef-type meeting flashing a 5 carat rock. It''d probably be something subtle, like a plain band...or made with earth-friendly materials such as hemp rope. Or, it could just be vials of the other''s blood around the neck (oops, that''s been done)!
Maybe she will just get a tatoo in honor of Brad! "Team Jolie" accross her bum might do the trick.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 12:20:14 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

12.gif

Really? I kind of get the impression that she is kind of an "it''s all about me" kind of girl. Who knows? Just from the way I perceive them in the spotlight at least. Brad - dog, Angelina - weird (didn''t she make out with her brother??), Jen - not as innocent as she appears, Vince - probably the only normal one. He seems like a real down to earth type of guy. I can see AJ spending far too much time in front of the beautiful. She does a lot of good for a lot of people though. I think she''s probably more beautiful on the inside:)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 12:59:10 PM
Author: soulsis

Really? I kind of get the impression that she is kind of an ''it''s all about me'' kind of girl. Who knows? Just from the way I perceive them in the spotlight at least. Brad - dog, Angelina - weird (didn''t she make out with her brother??), Jen - not as innocent as she appears, Vince - probably the only normal one. He seems like a real down to earth type of guy. I can see AJ spending far too much time in front of the beautiful. She does a lot of good for a lot of people though. I think she''s probably more beautiful on the inside:)
I don''t have that impression at all. She always wears neutral colors to blend in with the crowd. I''ve never seen her carry a designer bag, or wear designer shades etc. Most of the time she''s in black jeans with a black tank top. I''ll bet they''re just plain ''ol Levis..............okay, maybe not.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Despite all the hoopla around both she and Brad, I get the impression that Angelina Jolie sincerely wants to makes a genuine difference and use her celebrity for good. I don''t see Jennifer Aniston doing much of that...and I never thought she appeared that "innocent". It takes two to make a marriage work...and also takes two to see when its plain not going to work. I think Jennifer Aniston has worn out her victim status...she did with me a loooonnnnggg time ago.
emotion-20.gif

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with what Brad and AJ supposedly did or didn''t do. None of US really know or will know, but I personally like to look at what they contribute to making other people''s lives better...even if its just a little. Now THAT is a star
emstar.gif
to me.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of stars use their celebrity for good. Many don''t get a lot of publicity for it, either. Tea Leoni comes to mind. She is the international spokesperson for UNICEF, and travels across the globe raising money, in particular for children with HIV/AIDS. And you don''t see a lot of gossip about her in the magazines.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just because someone gets publicity or gossip in the mags does not mean that they are asking for it or trying to do things to get more publicity. AJ has been doing this kind of work for years now. Is adopting kids from other countries also for publicity or to stay in the rag mags? I'd love for AJ to tell the paparazzi..sorry please go away because I don't want people to think that I am doing this to stay in the public eye. That would really work out. They'd just gossip about her some more. People love to gossip!
9.gif

I agree from what she has said or how she acts she seems fairly like an introvert, she wears alot of neutrals and does not TRY to stay in the public eye. She doesn't even attend fashion shows or the after parties that everyone else who loves the limelight does. I really get the sense she does not feel comfortable being so famous at times. She also was raised as a famous child being the daughter of an actor so I'm sure she is not impressed by the fame.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I get tired of celebraities complaining about all the attention they get... some of it should be expected. Although the photogs to take it too far...I was reading my Cosmo or Glamour that they will say things to get a rise out of celebs and then make up a story why they looked that way. For example, Jennifer Aniston being pictured looking like she''s very upset....it was sold with the explanation of her still not being able to get over Brad Pitt...but even Brad Pitt has said that they photogs will say things get her to react. I don''t know if anyone heard about this but Rebeeca Romin was being photogrpahed at some event it was right when the news of her divorce came out...and photog actually said ''No wonder John Stamos doesn''t want to be with you anymore'' (not exact words) that''s horrible and uncalled for.

Anywho, AJ was not at all camera shy when she was with Billy Bob THorton...they would basically have s*x in front of the camera...she''s been laying low more now...but she''s not always been that way.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:48:34 PM
Author: Caribou
I get tired of celebraities complaining about all the attention they get... some of it should be expected. Although the photogs to take it too far...I was reading my Cosmo or Glamour that they will say things to get a rise out of celebs and then make up a story why they looked that way. For example, Jennifer Aniston being pictured looking like she''s very upset....it was sold with the explanation of her still not being able to get over Brad Pitt...but even Brad Pitt has said that they photogs will say things get her to react. I don''t know if anyone heard about this but Rebeeca Romin was being photogrpahed at some event it was right when the news of her divorce came out...and photog actually said ''No wonder John Stamos doesn''t want to be with you anymore'' (not exact words) that''s horrible and uncalled for.

Anywho, AJ was not at all camera shy when she was with Billy Bob THorton...they would basically have s*x in front of the camera...she''s been laying low more now...but she''s not always been that way.
Maybe she''s learned her lesson...the hard way...

And I agree...the celebrities knew going into this business that the paparazzi is just part of the pkg...get a grip...
emsad.gif

True, the photogs do go nuts and add to the chaos, but come on...I think that is exception to the rule, not the norm.

My husband and I were at the Greek Theatre in August for a concert and we sat 2 seats away from Steve Guttenberg and 1 row away from Constance Marie from the George Lopez Show. They are two of nicest people around. They didn''t draw extra attention to themselves and at the same time, were not hiding either. Steve was with a gorgeous tall, slender brunette--sorry can''t remember her name(she wasn''t an actress, or if she is, not well known), and Constance was with her fiance and his daughter. It was the KBIG Disco Fever concert and everyone who came had a blast from the past---including these celebs.

Not all celebs seek out the photogs and vice versa. The ones who do, I am sorry, but its hard to feel a pang of sorrow for them. The only time I get riled is when it affects their kids...then I get messed up cuz its not the kids'' fault that the photographers want pixes of mommy or daddy when they are with their kids whom they want to protect. THAT pisses me off.
emangry.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I think that they all know what they are getting into when they walk the red carpet. AJ does apparently do a lot of good which is invaluable considering that she doesn''t have to. She wants to. I don''t think I ever heard of BP doing much of anything to be honest. Now all of the sudden he''s joining the humanitarian bandwagon? Of course, that''s all speculation based on what the media showcases. Everything is. For all we know he''s lousy in the sack
31.gif
31.gif
Just because he''s BRAD PITT means nothing. He looks like he would be smelly!

All I know is that I have a man who thinks I''m the cat''s ass and I don''t have a tight little body nor do I make millions. I wouldn''t trade my life for a highly public one anyday!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 6:12:31 PM
I think that they all know what they are getting into when they walk the red carpet. AJ does apparently do a lot of good which is invaluable considering that she doesn''t have to. She wants to. I don''t think I ever heard of BP doing much of anything to be honest. Now all of the sudden he''s joining the humanitarian bandwagon? Of course, that''s all speculation based on what the media showcases. Everything is. For all we know he''s lousy in the sack
31.gif
31.gif

All I know is that I have a man who thinks I''m the cat''s ass and I don''t have a tight little body nor do I make millions. I wouldn''t trade my life for a highly public one anyday!
Soulsis,
Excellent points! To tell you the truth, before the movie "Troy"(which, I admit, I loved both Brad Pitt and Eric Bana--yummy!), I wasn''t too keen on BP. All of us are at the mercy of believing whatever we choose to believe about ANYTHING based on what is printed, said, advertised, etc., about anything and anyone. I have a hard time when I hear folks simply take things that they read or hear about as gospel truth. Its all watered and filtered down b4 it hits the internet, newspapers, mags, rags, etc.

Congrats to you, lady, for keeping your man so satisfied that he doesn''t need to wish for, dream of or fantasize over the celebs he''ll never have...he has you and that is SO much better!!!
emotion-5.gif
My hubby feels the same way...he has a terrible thing awful bad for Catherine Zeta Jones and I know it...so what? I''m the lady he sleeps with, comes home to and says sweet things to and that''s the way I like it!
emsmilep.gif

Besides, after 9 kids, I hold my own, thank you very much...I am 20 lbs from where I''d like to be and that''s not too shabby for a lady of 45 years old. I feel somewhere around 25-35 years old, so I thought I''d get the bod to look like I feel...that''s the goal anyways!

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 6:24:33 PM
Author: DeannaBana

31.gif
31.gif

Soulsis,

Excellent points! To tell you the truth, before the movie ''Troy''(which, I admit, I loved both Brad Pitt and Eric Bana--yummy!), I wasn''t too keen on BP. All of us are at the mercy of believing whatever we choose to believe about ANYTHING based on what is printed, said, advertised, etc., about anything and anyone. I have a hard time when I hear folks simply take things that they read or hear about as gospel truth. Its all watered and filtered down b4 it hits the internet, newspapers, mags, rags, etc.

Congrats to you, lady, for keeping your man so satisfied that he doesn''t need to wish for, dream of or fantasize over the celebs he''ll never have...he has you and that is SO much better!!!
emotion-5.gif
My hubby feels the same way...he has a terrible thing awful bad for Catherine Zeta Jones and I know it...so what? I''m the lady he sleeps with, comes home to and says sweet things to and that''s the way I like it!
emsmilep.gif

Besides, after 9 kids, I hold my own, thank you very much...I am 20 lbs from where I''d like to be and that''s not too shabby for a lady of 45 years old. I feel somewhere around 25-35 years old, so I thought I''d get the bod to look like I feel...that''s the goal anyways!

WHF???? Did you say nine kids? You are woman of the year, aren''t you!

Funny....my man has a thing for Catherine Z as well. Can''t blame him, she is gorgeous and I wouldn''t kick her out of bed. My theory is that the SMART men look for REAL women. Emotional, smart, funny, multi-tasking, home warming, sexy, a stand-up WOMEN! I am not worried in the slightest about losing my man.

When you give your "A" game everyday he ain''t gonna settle for no ''ho dishing out the "C".

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I will never understand why Angelina hooked up with Billy Bob. I don''t see it and I don''t get it. I guess that was a part of her "what the hell was I thinking?" days. I like her look much better now....minimal and natural with longer brown hair. She also seems to have gained maturity and poise since she became a mother. I never really saw her beauty until now.

She''s so magnetic and alluring. That girl definitely has sex appeal.

Oh, and it''s also great that she''s involved in third world country humanitarian causes, saving the world, won an Oscar, yada yada.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree PR. She has changed so much in the last few years, for the better. The old skanky with red lipstick and all black clothing was just soooo not working for her. She looks so much more beautiful now, and natural. She has credited motherhood with all these great changes and I say good for her, she seems like a REAL person in the Hollywood scene...she has been up front about her past foibles and problems but seems to have really matured and seems like a much happier person now. I feel like she gets a bad rap for her past activities and because she is fairly mysterious about her life and her romances....but she at least seems like she's got a real head on her shoulders. No one is perfect, and she never pretends to be.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t agree more Mara. She has indeed changed for the better. I think she has never looked better and love what she does for so many charitable causes.
2.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 7:55:45 PM
Author: Mara
I totally agree PR. She has changed so much in the last few years, for the better. The old skanky with red lipstick and all black clothing was just soooo not working for her. She looks so much more beautiful now, and natural. She has credited motherhood with all these great changes and I say good for her, she seems like a REAL person in the Hollywood scene...she has been up front about her past foibles and problems but seems to have really matured and seems like a much happier person now. I feel like she gets a bad rap for her past activities and because she is fairly mysterious about her life and her romances....but she at least seems like she''s got a real head on her shoulders. No one is perfect, and she never pretends to be.

That being said.......Is it me or is she getting too bony? I saw her pic in the Superficial and she looked anorexic. Her arms and face looked narrow and pokey....not flattering at all. I hope everything is okay at home with those two kids. Please tell me she didn''t fall off the crack wagon!
14.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock

really random thoughts...

one time on the radio they were talking about how someone surveyed either photographers or interviewers or some group with a lot of celeb contact about the literally smelliest celebrities...and Brad Pitt and Courtney Cox won! LOL

my BFF''s boyfriend went to HS with Vince Vaughn and said he was the class clown and a total jerk.

Lastly, Troy was worth seeing for Orlando Bloom, no one else. Although he was so girlie in that movie...LOL

41.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
OUCH!

Michael Douglas says

"I don''t know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful wife to go hold orphans for Angelina," Douglas snipes in GQ''s April issue, hitting newsstands March 21.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 10:15:00 PM
Author: Starset Princess
OUCH!

Michael Douglas says

''I don''t know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful wife to go hold orphans for Angelina,'' Douglas snipes in GQ''s April issue, hitting newsstands March 21.
20.gif
28.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
re mr douglas from wikipedia:

"Personal
Michael''s father, Kirk Douglas, is Jewish, while his upper-class mother, Diana Dill, is of Scottish and English descent/ Douglas married Diandra Luker on 20 March 1977. They had one son, Cameron (born 1978-12-13).In 1980, Douglas was involved in a serious skiing accident which sidelined his acting career for three years. In September of 1992, he underwent treatment for alcohol abuse at Sierra Tucson Center. In 2000, after 23 years of marriage, Diandra divorced Douglas, complaining of his womanizing, absenteeism, and not being a proper father to Cameron. That same year, Douglas married actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, who is exactly 25 years younger than he is. Douglas has been married to Zeta-Jones since November 18, 2000. They have two children, Dylan (born 2000-08-08) and Carys (born 2003-04-20). "

rather like the pot calling the kettle black, imo.

movie zombie

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

"I don''t know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful wife to go hold orphans for Angelina," Douglas snipes in GQ''s April issue, hitting newsstands March 21."

Says the 70 year old divorced "sex addict" who is knocking up a woman half his age. SCORE!!!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
well - personally I''ve never been a fan of Jennifer -- hated her in friends, have hated her in just about every movie she has been in. And I agree the posts above -- how she plays the same character in every movie - and that character is probably who she is. I don''t think she is the "victim" that the media has been portraying her as. To her credit she has been trying to move on

AJ - I think because she is exotic looking, has been really weird in the past and comes from famous parents that she sometimes gets the bad end of the stick in the media. Doing the ambassador stuff is essentially what broke up her marriage to Billy Bob (at least according to them both) and the UN has anknowledged that she does far more for them that any other good will ambassador has in the past. I personally believe that she is doing this stuff to make a difference in the lives of the folks she goes to help - not to get publicity.

Brad - he DOES look like he would smell. ha. too funny. I''ve also heard reports that he looks very plain in person. He has been involved in some low key charity stuff prior to AJ-- not anything on the scale that he is currently doing - but hey if his girlfriend is a good influence on him is that really so bad?

I think that Brad and Jennifer had been drifting toward that black hole that swallows up all the hollywood marriages for a while -- then Brad does a movie with AJ -- they are attracted to each other -- they get involved emotionally - Brad breaks it off with Jennifer. From all of the interviews / reports that I have seen it seems like this is what both sides are saying happened. I''m not so sure that any actual sexual cheating took place prior to the break up. Since that is what caused AJ''s parents to split - and she has always been super upset / hurt by that I don''t think she would do that herself. Maybe it''s just the "wanna believe all people are essentially good" sucker in me but that''s the vibe I get....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Gurhan website shows Angelina Jolie (as well as many other celebrities) wearing his jewelry. To learn more about Gurhan see this thread.

Deb
34.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey - lay off Keanu!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Brad certainly isn''t MEH in person!
2.gif
I just can''t get over your avatar transformation. Perhaps it''s time for someone to get a hook & storm the AI stage! BE GONE ARROGANT CHICKEN LITTLE!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t believe Micheal Douglas''s remarks. He''s one to talk. He''s a pot calling a kettle black!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results