shape
carat
color
clarity

Some advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone;
I wanted to getsome opinions from the women in here on this. Last May my GF and I were in Tiffanys and we saw a pink diamond with a setting that had pave diamonds on half the shank and on the setting as well (four prong) she oowed and ahhhed about it, and said oh I want my engagement ring to look like that. Then after I tried to ask a few vague questions, she said she would want a right hand ring in that same style.
So I set out to get a pink stone and I got a good sized pink spinel. Then I found the perfect setting but it was too much for me at the time. So I got another setting, which is nice but its not nearly as impressive. It has small trillion cut diamonds on the sides and then a few really small pave diamonds on the shank.
I have not given her the ring yet but now I am getting to where I want to. So what I am wondering is if the ladys in here thing its better to go for the one she said she loves, or to keep the one I have?
What I would do is trade in so to speak that setting and then save up the difference in price. Thanks everyone.

Phil

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You''ve obviously gone to a lot of trouble to create a wonderful ring for her. I think it would make more sense to save up and get her what she really wants. She might not like the trillions and that is a very different look than the Tiffany''s ring that you describe.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree, if you can do it and afford it then go for the ring that you know she really loves. The ring you have now sounds wonderful but not everyone likes trillions. Has she ever mentioned this particular cut before? I guess I''m kind of sensative because we''ve had quite a few threads lately with women that really didn''t like their engagement rings because they weren''t what they really wanted..

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
I think most women would rather wait a little while to get what they really want. I know I would. But tell her that you want her to have that beautiful Tiffany. Let her know what your intentions are. Lucky lady. Good luck, and let us know!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm truly a tough call. On the one hand you really took into consideration what she wanted and tried your best, on the other it isnt exactly what she asked for. I on the one hand would like the creativity and thought you put in to personalize, on the other what if I didn''t like trillions etc. Can you afford to change the band/setting now? If so go for it! Otherwise one possibility not mentioned is you could give it to her, and mention its not exactly what she looked at but what you were able to put together and if she would like to trade it in you would be happy too. SOrry I really didn''t give you a clear cut answer here. But at least some ideas?
19.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
BTW you should post some pics and then we would have even better advice
2.gif

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone;
She does like Trillions but the thing is that seeing it set is that the trillions are pretty small on the sides of the stone and the center stone is big. I have a pic of the ring but it isnt that great but I will post it. I have a pic of the setting that I like, its from one of the PS vendors, so is it ok if I post the picture on here? thanks

rpic2.jpg

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Here is the other picture that I couldnt attach to the other post. Sorry the other pic came out so big I cant figure out how to make it smaller,

rpic11.jpg

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 10:24:34 AM
Author:pad3006
Hi Everyone;
I wanted to getsome opinions from the women in here on this. Last May my GF and I were in Tiffanys and we saw a pink diamond with a setting that had pave diamonds on half the shank and on the setting as well (four prong) she oowed and ahhhed about it, and said oh I want my engagement ring to look like that. Then after I tried to ask a few vague questions, she said she would want a right hand ring in that same style.
Is this a right hand ring or an engagement ring?

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Its a kind of getting serious ring but not an engagement ring. I want to give it to her and say something along the lines of I love you and I want to give you this as a symbol of that and that I want to help you with things and be a bigger part of your life. Something along those lines.
But one day when I get her a real engagment ring, that will be a right hand ring.
Sorry for not being clear before, I hope it makes better sense now.
Thank you

Phil

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phil,

I misunderstood you before and thought it was to be an engagement ring. Now that I know it is to be a RHR I would change my original opinion and say that I think you should give her the ring you had made. We now know she likes trillions and you put so much thought and time into having it made. I think it would make a beautiful RHR. When the time comes for an engagement ring, then I think you should choose the setting that she loves, if you can. This way she will have both! What a lucky lady.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Catmom 100%. I know the pics are a bit blurry but I think it is gorgeous. You really put a lot of time and effort into this ring and I would say go for it. Give it to her and tell her, perhaps tweaking the wording ;-), what you told us. Good luck!

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone;
I asked her friend to find out for me which is likes best as a right hand ring. The friend found out that she really likes the setting with the pave diamonds on the sides and setting. I am sure she would like the one I picked out too but Id like it to be special especially since she will wear it on her left ring finger (long story as to why). So I guess I will look around and see if its possible to get something like what she really wants for not too much money. Any suggestions for where to look or what to say? Thanks

Phil

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Phil, would you be able to post the pink spinel and the setting you have now? Then we could judge whether we think you should make the ring with that.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lizz;
The pictures I posted above are the pictures of the ring as it is now. It is nice and all in my opinion but I think in the other it would be more impressive. I have a friend with photoshop so maybe I can post what it would look like in the setting that I want. thanks

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results