shape
carat
color
clarity

Some estate, mostly Deco rings....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it wonderful?? No it''s fabulous!!!!! I am in love with it. Enjoy!!!! What a treasure you have with this bracelet. Congrats on the new addition to your fab collection.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

I want to be you someday, hehe, Lisa
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW WOW! I love everything you own, here is just another one! I was also reading more of your posts, I noticed you tend to give your DIL very nice stuff!!! I wish I had a MIL like you!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Wow!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Your new bracelet is lovely! Congrats!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of your pieces are so beautiful. My favorite has to be that last bracelet you posted! I love it!
30.gif
Those 3ctw studs are also so great. I love the milgrain bezel and the setting! I wish they still made settings like that.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Widget,

Your new Edwardian/Deco bracelet is ''to die for''! It''s a wonderful addition to your already fabulous collection. I like it a lot better than the sapphire and diamond bracelet. I like jewelry from this period because they have a softer, more graceful look than the Deco pieces. Did you find this locally or at the Miami antique show? Your daughter-in-law is very lucky to have you as a mother-in-law. Most mother-in-laws are not that generous. Enjoy wearing your bracelet!

Art Nouveau

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget, it''s absolutely stunning!!
emlove.gif
36.gif
Congratulations on such a fantastic find. Your collection is so incredible! I''m always happy to see this thread bumped because it means you might have something new and I love every single piece you have.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Widget, you have such exquisite taste! All of your pieces are absolutely beautiful, and I LOVE the emerald ring and your new bracelet!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks EVERYBODY for your kind kind words!

I''m always a little hesitant (Kaleigh knows
2.gif
) posting these things...torn between wanting to share and being embarrassed. I KNOW how lucky and truly crazy I am!
26.gif

AN...Twice now an antique jewelry wholesaler from SoCal has come up and had sort of a "private showing" in a friend''s shop in our little humble town. He''s had some amazing stuff for what I think are truly wholesale prices. He almost exclusively sells to the trade. He had just returned from a buying trip to Paris (wouldn''t you love to have his job?) and this bracelet was among his finds.

My first love will probably always be for the colder, more architectural look of pure Art Deco, but I really have enjoyed this bracelet. It''s so feminine, and I can wear it anywhere..

Again, Thanks, everyone!
widget

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Widget - Can I be your DIL??
31.gif

Such fabulous stuff - I love your newest bracelet... it''s to die for!
18.gif
I can imagine the pieces in your collection walking down the red carpet...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new bracelet. And I noticed your big, honkin'' asscher is strangely missing from this thread. I can never see enough of that ring!

widget

Ideal_Rock
.. I noticed your big, honkin' asscher is strangely missing from this thread. I can never see enough of that ring!
Oh, well, then I guess I'd better post it!
5.gif

Actually, I didn't think it qualified because the ring is not old. But the stone is..apparently cut in the '20s. (And if Storm sees this: I know, I know, it isn't technically an asscher... clipped corners too small and off square!)

Here it is...

02450.JPG

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Wow, such a beautiful colletion!
30.gif

I will have to check into this Hillsborough Antique show. I have lived in Bay Area for my whole life, and I have never been/heard of it. Where have I been?!?!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Widget. I had never seen this thread before. I love, love, love all of your pieces. They are just stunning. My fave is the asscher though, with a close second to the OMC earrings. Beautiful. Thank you for the eye candy.

shay

darling

Shiny_Rock
Widget, since you never wear your pearl ring - can I please have it???

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible collection Widget!!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 11:06:08 AM
Author: widget

2.gif
) posting these things...torn between wanting to share and being embarrassed. I KNOW how lucky and truly crazy I am!
26.gif

AN...Twice now an antique jewelry wholesaler from SoCal has come up and had sort of a ''private showing'' in a friend''s shop in our little humble town. He''s had some amazing stuff for what I think are truly wholesale prices. He almost exclusively sells to the trade. He had just returned from a buying trip to Paris (wouldn''t you love to have his job?) and this bracelet was among his finds.

My first love will probably always be for the colder, more architectural look of pure Art Deco, but I really have enjoyed this bracelet. It''s so feminine, and I can wear it anywhere..

Again, Thanks, everyone!
widget
WOMAN!!
You''ve done it again....found an amazing treasure!!!! I just love the bracelet and the fact it came from Paris just makes it that much more wonderful to moi
1.gif

Janice, Please never be embarassed to share.....we love to see your finds. They are always exquisite...just like you
35.gif

Libby

PS....The emerald ring stole my heart long ago and is still my very favorite
21.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, what a collection. I absolutely love the sapphire rings!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Widget, THANK YOU for posting your asscher. I always love seeing it again. It is exquisite.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 11:06:08 AM
Author: widget

2.gif
26.gif

AN...Twice now an antique jewelry wholesaler from SoCal has come up and had sort of a ''private showing'' in a friend''s shop in our little humble town. He''s had some amazing stuff for what I think are truly wholesale prices. He almost exclusively sells to the trade. He had just returned from a buying trip to Paris (wouldn''t you love to have his job?) and this bracelet was among his finds.

Again, Thanks, everyone!
widget
I think that you have the most beautiful collection I''ve ever seen. I have seen many trust me. Never be embarrased or hesitant. I aspire to have just a few things that are as nice as what you have. I adore this new addition to your collection and have learned a great deal from you. My true passion is the antique jewelry. I admire the workmanship of the older pieces and adore the older cuts of diamonds as well. I guess I get that from my Nanny. But you do have amazing taste and are a girl after my own heart. Lisa
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lisa...for everything!
2.gif

OT....did you ever do any more research into what the center stone of your Granny's cluster ring is? I was wondering if it was a "peruzzi cut" that was talked about a while ago...

SO Curious!

Janis

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 11:50:44 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Those 3ctw studs are also so great. I love the milgrain bezel and the setting! I wish they still made settings like that.

Yes, yes, 100 times yes. I wish looks like that were easier to find (and, while I'm wishing ... more affordable
2.gif
)

WIDGET that new bracelet is fantastic too ... there's not a single piece I don't adore. What a treat to see some many beauties in a single thread! Can't believe I missed 'em for so long!
30.gif

ETA: if I'm "Decodelighted" ... you must be "DecoTHRILLED"
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results