shape
carat
color
clarity

Charlotte Pants are In!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome too Elizabeth. Diamonds couldn''t bring you out of Lurkdom??????????
41.gif

You girls will be getting rheumaticks wearing those trousers.
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 5:02:54 AM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome too Elizabeth. Diamonds couldn''t bring you out of Lurkdom??????????
41.gif

You girls will be getting rheumaticks wearing those trousers.
5.gif

I''m afraid to ask?!!?!? Is this English speak? hehee.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Mara, the old rheumaticks will be giving you some gip as we say in England!
41.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, my Charlotte pants arrived today, and I really like the capris. They are ever so slightly too tight around the top of my thighs, but hopefully I plan on losing about 5 pounds for the wedding anyways. Unfortunately, there was a big loose thread from around the waist that is just going to keep getting worse. So I will have to send them back for an exchange.
15.gif

I also like the pants, but I do not like the color I ordered LOL. So those will go back too for a color exchange.

Oh well, I''m 0 for 2 so far.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe what colors did you get Rascal???

I find that they actually stretch out too the more you wear them....when they arrive mine are always a little snug too.

I think mine are coming today or tomorrow. Of course it''s raining here so it doesn''t matter...
39.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The capris were in black. The pants were cemento.

So now I''ve ordered the capris in black and grey, and the pants in chocolate and sand I believe hehe.

Mara, I''m going to send you the bill!!
31.gif
11.gif
2.gif
hehe

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I''m glad to hear that they might stretch out a bit more. They don''t look unflattering, but they do show a bit more of my very upper thigh than I would necessarily like
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i don''t want the bill! i got the bill of my own...hehee!

i didnt see them having the regular long ones in black so hopefully they get them because i want 2 more pairs (they faded by nov for me since i wore them so much) for this year. and hopefully i''ll like the capris so i can get another color too. something new!

they stretch out when you are wearing them too, aka like when i put them on they are tighter than at the end of the night. also i tend not to dry mine after washing them because they are cotton so they will shrink and i surely don''t need that. but sometimes i run them with just air in the dryer for a few minutes or else they will get kind of wrinkly down towards the bottom of the leg which drives me nuts. i guess i could iron but i am so not an ironer!! hehe.

mine are set to come tomorrow, yay...also my juicy order is coming on thurs. week of shopbop i guess!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, after reading through this thread again, I''m not sure if these pants will work for moi! I''m 5''10", and definitely curvy, as in 40" hips, lol! Do you guys think an XL would even work? And how long is the inseam on these things??? I need at least 32-33" to be able to wear ''em with flip flops. I did find some similar styles at Victoria''s Secret and J. Crew. VS has a smocked waist gauze pant that comes in 4 colors for $40, and J.Crew also has a similar style for $40 that comes in tall sizes. Should I even mess with the Charlotte''s? I''m hesitant, but still open if they''re THAT fabulous for $79!
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of the VS ones:

V254183.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the J. Crew ones, they are listed as "lounge and beach coverups" though, so I''m thinking they''re not meant for everyday wear:

74147_GR7273_SP06_m.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm monarch, well I am curvy too and they work great for me (and my gf has more of a pear shape and she can wear them too)...in terms of height, I am 5'8" and they are a little long on me but not sure by how much, aka they are too long for my flip-flops but they aren't dragging on the floor or anything. You can send ShopBop an email asking for inseam information?

I have been so addicted to these I havent tried any others, heheehe. My waist is kind of short so I find the smocking flattering and seems to make my waist seem longer.

ETA...don't love the JCrew ones at all but the VS ones look intriguing!!! I may have to check em out..hehehe.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I agree on the J.Crew ones...I''m not big on the drawstring or the straighter leg, but the VS ones are cute, except for the weird red sweater, lol! Last time I checked, two of the four colors were on back-order, so check them out quick!

I actually have a longer torso, so I''m thinking these may not be the best pants for me! I think I would have to situate the waist pretty low, which might leave a little too much fabric in the crotch area (I hate that!)

Are the Charlottes available in any B&M department stores, like Nordstrom''s? I would really like to go and try some on, rather than deal with paying to ship them back if they don''t work out. I know, I''m being totally lazy by not checking this out online, but maybe you know as you are the Charlotte pant expert on PS, lol!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I have never seen them in a store! My GF saw them in Vegas but I haven''t seen them in any stores..and ShopBop is one of only two vendors that I have seen them carry online (last I looked)...so I don''t know how ''mainstream'' they are.

Actually I have to say that the ''rise'' is not that tall...hehee...so I doubt extra material in the crotch is going to be a problem even with a longer waist, I always have to pull mine down just a bit or else Greg says that I look ''graphic'' (which cracks me up every time)....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"graphic" lol! I know exactly what he means... my husband and I have rolled our eyes more than once at females sporting that look, ha ha! Good for Greg for making sure you''re not giving anyone the visual version of TMI!
9.gif

I''m concluding with this thought: if I can''t try them on in a store, I''m not ordering them. From the pics, they look to me like they aren''t my best bet. I''m not too sad about this, as I''m in the midwest as opposed to CA, and I don''t want to get hooked on some comfy pants I can''t wear more than a couple months of the year, hee hee!

I may look into the VS or J.Crew ones for bringing to the lake house we rented in WI this summer...$40 is a lot more reasonable for one week, I think!

Thanks for your help, once again, Mara!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my pleasure, i love talking about clothes!

the VS ones look interesting! i may order them in a black just for comparison and you can always use another pair or two of comfy but could-be-dressy black pants! if you order them let us know monarch!!

haha while on the VS site of course i got suckered into looking at all the bikinis..they have some great deals!! the basic triangle is on sale for $20 in 4 various colors. tempting..i better keep working out..tee hee.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Monarch, If I recall correctly you are somewhere in the Chicago area. Have you ever been to Active Endeavors? There''s one in Lincoln Park and one in Glencoe. It''s a great store that started selling primarily athletic clothes and shoes but over the years has become more and more fashion-y. I see the Charlotte winter line on their website so I am guessing they might have the spring/summer stuff in the stores sooner or later (or maybe even now). By the way, even though there''s not much warm weather here in the great midwest, I feel I have gotten more than my money''s worth with my Charlotte stuff. Happy hunting!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara: ha ha, don''t you love not being able to look at just one specific thing--I''m the same way! VS does have some really cute bikinis. I got one of the beach sexy styles last year, and I can tell you they run BIG. I ordered a L top and bottom, and had to exchange both for mediums (and that is total vanity sizing, because I am NO medium, lol!)

MO3: thanks for the tip! You''re right, I am close to downtown Chi. I will have to grab a friend and head down to Lincoln Park sometime soon to check out Active Endeavors. Thanks again!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i do remember ordering some stuff from VS like 2 years ago and it was huge on me. I didn''t even wear it...what a waste.

I will have to keep that in mind if I do the bikini thing...I ordered a Large set from JCrew last year during their sale and I totally ended up needing a medium bottom, I have butt saggage! but the whole set was like $20 on clearance so i just kept it. i''m horrible about ordering during sales then just never returning stuff!

i hate how stores are so inconsistent in their sizing, i am a medium or large depending on what store or brand...i was in jcrew the other day trying on a size 6 dress which is hilarious because it was too big on me (in the boob area no less and i am hardly flat), and i am not typically a size 6 in other clothes!!! go figure, total vanity sizing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I got my pants today, they changed some details ever so slightly but they are the same pants I adore...the capris are TOO CUTE! They hit a tiny bit long for me which is interesting since I am 5'8"...so I guess on a 5'10" height they'd still look cute as well!!

The long ones have an inseam of 33" measured from the inside seam. I was able to pair them with ~2.5" heels and they were still long enough for me. So in case you can't find them to try them on, hope that helps!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, 33" could possibly work. I just measured my own legs again and I''m 34" from top to the bottom of my heel. I would probably not be able to wear any type of heel with the long Charlotte pants, but I bet I could get away with the capris for sure! Thanks for the info Mara!

BTW, did you see the Oscar swag bag Havianas? I think I read they were $1,000, and had a black diamond hanging from the strap. The "havianas" emblem was done in Swarovski crystals...I totally thought of you when I saw the picture the other day! I can''t seem to find it again to post, though, darn it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results