shape
carat
color
clarity

We''''re getting married...THIS SUNDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
Because of paperwork we need to get moving along, we decided to get married before our wedding in Puerto Rico later this year. FI refused to go to the courthouse here to have our "first wedding" because he wanted it to be memorable so we threw ideas around for a while and finally settled on Vegas.

We were hoping for the weekend of March 11-13 but because of some NASCAR event the hotel rooms were extremely expensive. So we decided to do it this weekend. We booked flights and hotel last Friday and the chapel on Tuesday for a Sunday afternoon ceremony. FI kept asking me "are you sure we can get everything ready in a week?" and I kept assuring him that yes, we could. And we did.

FI and I went shopping for a dress and the rings on Saturday. Thankfully we had already decided to get simple Tiffany wedding bands in gold to match my e-ring so it only took half an hour to get them.
The dress was another matter, we walked all over a gigantic mall with no luck until we landed at Jessica McClintock. I found a simple strapless satin A-line in ivory that he hated when I first showed it to him but I told him I would try it on anyway. Once he saw it on me, he liked it and thought it would fit the bill, plus I could really wear it again. I was hoping for a white dress but this one was only one size larger than my size, easy to alter and only $50 bucks! Sadly, with alterations it went up to $180 but it''s still not bad. I don''t have pictures since it went from store to tailor in one day.

FI was really cute at the store, pulling dresses from the racks, vetoing my choices, talking to the salesladies as if he REALLY knew what he was talking about, even got on the phone with the seamstress to discuss alterations on the dress. It was a lot of fun to watch him but it made me really glad I did not allow him to come when I shopped for my other dress since he would have been insufferable!

On Sunday I got shoes, makeup and accessories and have been practicing the makeup with not so great results.
20.gif

A friend of mine from LA is driving down with her sweetie to be our witness and take pictures, and to go out to dinner and around town afterwards. We are "honeymooning" in Death Valley the next day and come home late on Monday night on an overnight flight. We will be at work the next day, half asleep
24.gif
and married.
9.gif
For the time being we are choosing not to tell anybody but my friend from LA, a friend of his who got married in Vegas a while back and gave us advice, my maid of honor back home and a co-worker of mine (that last one because I am bouncing off the walls at work and need to vent to somebody!).

Ever since we booked the flights we have been in a semi-state of shock over the suddeness of it all and the fact that we will be married in Vegas
23.gif

I can''t believe in three days I''ll be married to the man of my dreams! Wish us luck!

Regalada

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My goodness, this is a surprise!! Do you have pics of the dress?

Good luck!!
36.gif
9.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting..congratulations!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! Have fun this weekend!!! You''ll have to come back on Monday and update us while you''re pretending to work...
9.gif

That''s so cute about your FI and shopping for the dress, my FI was sooooo sad when I didn''t take him dress shopping, I finally broke down and brought him to see the final two choices... he felt much happier after that!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
That is soooo exciting!!! Congratulations!!!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The dress sounds lovely, and I can''t imagine how you''ve managed to get everything done so quickly! Where are you planning on getting married? Where are you guys staying?

I''ve been planning my wedding in Vegas for 8 weeks now - and the wedding is next Thursday at the Bellagio. I ran into the NASCAR event, but because we''re staying wed-saturday, we got our hotel rooms for a STEAL!

Best of luck to you!!
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOEEEEE!!! How exciting!

Have a GREAT time!

widget

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! How exciting!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Isnt vegas great? You can have any type of wedding you want there. I am getting married at the Four Seasons in August, but have been tempted to run off and just pick a chapel. What chapel are you marrying at? Do you have a photographer? Or will your friends take pictures? Bentley and Wilson in Vegas is VERY reasonable and they do fun photo tours down the strip. They are a popular choice on the knot.

Whatever you end up doing, CONGRATS!!! How exciting, you will be a MRS in just a few days! Make sure to post some pics for us!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Best Wishes
emstar.gif
i''m so excited for you!!

regalada

Shiny_Rock
We are getting married at A Special Memory Chapel. I looked on tripadvisor.com and was amazed to find they have reviews for all these chapels. A Special Memory was the only one where nobody reported having a bad experience at their wedding and the packages were reasonable so we decided to go with that one.

We are staying at a Holiday Inn Express off the strip that looks clean and quiet, has great reviews on tripadvisor.com and it''s only $124 per night. I know it''s not the same as staying on the strip but decent strip hotels were more than we wanted to spend. Given that we are saving up for the other wedding we wanted to keep it as inexpensive as possible for this one.

I don''t have pictures of the dress, I promise to put some up after we come back.

Flopkins, my FI begged and pleaded to come dress shopping with me for the "big dress" but I refused, I want to keep at least that tradition since we are not keeping many of the others (including actually getting married on your "wedding day"
2.gif
).

I am still amazed that we got everything done in such a short time. FI says my planning skills are one of the main reasons he''s marrying me
9.gif
. By the time we booked on Friday I had flights and hotels picked out for him to give his opinion, dress stores to check out at the mall the next day, ring prices and chapel finalists. The mall we went to had a Tiffanny''s right across the street so we took care of all that in one trip. My friend is taking care of restaurant reservations and entertainment after the ceremony, bless her heart.

I am "getting sick"
2.gif
tomorrow so that I can stay home from work and do my nails, hair, etc., and clean the house so it''s nice and clean for our return as a married couple. Oh, and pack, packing for this trip will be time-consuming.

Thanks for your good wishes. LaurenthePartier, enjoy your wedding and congratulations!!

Regalada

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I think you get the prize for fastest planning and execution.

Everything sounds wonderful, and I''m glad it''s all worked out OK.

Out of curiousity, where are you planning to have your wedding dinner? I LOVE Vegas, and always make it a point to dine somewhere new each time I go. Let me know if you need any suggestions.

CONGRATS!!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Wow, so exciting! Hope everything goes wonderfully and you have a total blast!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting, good luck and best wishes to you both!!!
36.gif

regalada

Shiny_Rock
I realized I had the dress receipt in my wallet so I looked up the dress number and found a picture of it online. It''s just the dress, no jacket, and in that same color.

http://store.tjformal.com/PROM_DRESSES/Jessica_McClintock_2006/Jessica_McClintock_dress_52050/

Msflutter, we are just having our friends take pictures and hope for the best but thanks for the recommendation. We are splurging for a nice photographer for the second wedding so again, have to save this time around. We do get a photographer with the package but who knows how those will turn out.

Again, thanks all for reading and for your comments!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Good luck and congratulations!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
That''s the dress you are wearing this weekend or this is the dress you will wear on your desintation wedding?

Either way it''s pretty.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
Caribou, that is the one for this weekend. It''s not what I would have picked had I not been in a hurry but it will have to do.

I wanted it to be very different from the one I got for the destination wedding. Silly as it sounds I felt like I was cheating on my dress by buying another, so the fact that it is not white or puffy makes me feel better.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, love the dress
30.gif
30.gif
Great find!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow, best of luck!!!
36.gif

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!! How exciting!!!

We must see pics when you get back!

regalada

Shiny_Rock
We''re back, married
9.gif
, and happy to report that all went very smoothly. We had a wonderful time, it was very romantic
30.gif
and relaxed.

I''m attaching a picture of us at the chapel. I will post more pictures later and give some details about our day.

Wedding 09.jpg

regalada

Shiny_Rock
That was not supposed to be sideways
6.gif
. Sorry!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! The dress is lovely & that's so cute that your FI wanted to dress shop with you! Good luck, have fun & tell us all about it afterwards!
9.gif

ETA: I don't know how I missed that picture! You look gorgeous & your hubbie's a cutie! I'm glad it all went well--congrats!
36.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Awe! You two look so cute and happy. Congratulations.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
You two look beautiful!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

More pics please!!!
12.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ya''ll are super cute!!!! Congrats!
36.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!

you look gorgeous in that photo!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
what a great pic!! come back and tell us more!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! You two look so happy
THANKS for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results