shape
carat
color
clarity

EMERALD QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have a emerald cut stone, with side round/baquette set bar setting (the emerald is set basket setting) sometimes in photos the emerald appears grey, does not show up sparkly like my wedding band with is shared prong set round stones.

Also the other day I was on a bus at night and there was a small bit of overhead lighting. Right in the middle of the ring going horizontally looked like a bar of grey area (hard to explain)

Can you tell me why this is?

I should mention the color of the stone is F, and I am not sure of the exact clarity offhand but i believe it is in the top range.

Thanks

jaz464

Ideal_Rock

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
can you have a bowtie in an emerald cut diamond?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Definitely, but sometimes it looks more like a cross.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, in photos, EC stones come out looking grey alot - not as sparkly as RB cuts, and that has something to do with photo-optics. Ana (valeria) explained it really well in an old thread, but I can''t remember the exact explanation. Even Camilla''s (as in Prince Charles) EC engagement ring comes out dark in photos, but as part of the queen''s jewels, I''m sure it ain''t a shabby piece.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results