shape
carat
color
clarity

Reco for Chicago area jewelers for repairs / resizing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mas

Rough_Rock
Hi all --I posted this in the Rocky Talky section, but am wondering if this is a better forum for it...

I am hoping for a recommendation for a fair, honest jeweler who does quality repair and resizing work in the Chicago area (city or north suburbs). I need to have a diamond ring resized and my grandmother''s antique diamond earrings repaired -- both pieces of jewelry are so very important to me that I''m worried about taking them to just anyone. I had a terrible experience with someone who did some work on my mom''s e-ring for me and don''t want a repeat. Any help you could provide would be great.
Mary

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mas, I live in Brookfield (west suburb) and the only jeweler I know of and trust is in Oak Lawn. Is that too far for you?

momothree

Shiny_Rock
I have had several pieces of jewelry repaired at Yossi Jewelers on Sheridan Road in Highland Park and have heard good things about them from others. It''s a small operation. Yossi is a bench jeweler and I get the impression that he does a lot of custom work as well as repairs etc. Good luck!

mas

Rough_Rock
Hi Monarch -- Oak Lawn is fine with me -- I''m willing to drive if I know someone is highly recommended.

mas

Rough_Rock
momothree -- thanks for the reco!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mas, our jeweler is Martin & Martin, Inc. 9825 Cicero Avenue in Oak Lawn. The guy we always deal with is John. It''s a smaller operation, which we like, they do all the work on site and they are very fair when it comes to pricing. We know about 10 other couples from different generations who''ve gotten their engagement rings from there, as well as other purchases over the years.

mas

Rough_Rock
Great -- thanks for the help

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mas... wait a minute....

Pictures ?
2.gif
9.gif

Hope all goes well with the repair.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Another great jeweler is Merry Richards in Glenview. They have a store in Oak Brook (the one I have gone to) but I know that they have the other location in Glenview and they may have one downtown Chicago.

Monarch -- you went to Martin and Martin?!?!?! EVERYONE I know goes to them! I too know of about 10 people that have gotten their e-rings from there!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pebbles!!!! Yes, we get EVERYTHING from Martin and Martin, and we were turned onto them by friends who''ve gone there! Every couple we know has gotten their e-rings and wb''s from them! This is getting freaky (not in a bad way) how small the world is!!

My husband just gave me a Tag Heuer watch from Martin and Martin yesterday--did you see my post? His Tag is from there as well. We just love dealing with them, and would probably never go anywhere else. We were just saying last night that they have a great selection and do such good work. They attached a charm to my charm bracelet free of charge and are currently fixing my husband''s original wedding ring that he lost a year ago and found the other day in his recliner.

Pebbles, do you know of a secure way we could exchange email addresses? I would love to hear from you and still get together sometime. Do you think the site administrator could help us?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 10:48:16 PM
Author: monarch64
Pebbles!!!! Yes, we get EVERYTHING from Martin and Martin, and we were turned onto them by friends who''ve gone there! Every couple we know has gotten their e-rings and wb''s from them! This is getting freaky (not in a bad way) how small the world is!!

My husband just gave me a Tag Heuer watch from Martin and Martin yesterday--did you see my post? His Tag is from there as well. We just love dealing with them, and would probably never go anywhere else. We were just saying last night that they have a great selection and do such good work. They attached a charm to my charm bracelet free of charge and are currently fixing my husband''s original wedding ring that he lost a year ago and found the other day in his recliner.

Pebbles, do you know of a secure way we could exchange email addresses? I would love to hear from you and still get together sometime. Do you think the site administrator could help us?
Monarch -- gosh! I was going to ask Irina or Leonid the same thing! Did your husband grow up around the Oak Lawn area? I saw in another post that you said he was 35, so he is a few years older than I am but he is about the same age as my SIL and BIL. This is getting freaky!
1.gif

I didn''t see your post about the Tag. I am looking for a new watch myself.
2.gif
Since you know where I live, it is kind of hard for me to get to Martin & Martin often, but I go out that way a lot since I still have family in the Oak Lawn area.

Have you ever posted a pic of your ring? I would love to see it!

We have to get together!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually threw in a pic of my ring and pendant on the watch thread under ''Jewelry Pieces'' for SDL''s benefit--she thought she''d missed out on pics when I commented on the jewelry my DH has given me so far. It''s also on SMTR, page 54 or something, don''t remember...

Believe me, M & M is a hike for us, too...it probably takes us about 30-45 minutes on a good traffic day to get down there, and I can imagine your trip is longer! If they hadn''t been so well-recommended by friends we would never have found them, especially with no website (Boo!)
emsmilep.gif

We do have to get together--if we can''t exchange emails ( I sent PS an email requesting it already) via PS, would you be interested in meeting with husbands in either Oakbrook or Naperville sometime (I say with husbands for safety/security on both our parts, hee hee)??? Nothing like a bodyguard to keep you safe, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results