shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing ring on vacation in PR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

recran

Rough_Rock
I''m going on a week long vacation in Puerto Rico with some girl friends (4 of us total). Do I wear my new rings or should I leave the sparkler behind? We will be staying in a resort area near San Juan but not at a resort (getting an apartment so we can cook). We''ll be walking back to our place really late at night after clubbing probably almost every night. What do you guys think? If DH were going with, I wouldn''t hesitate to wear the diamond because I don''t think we''d get mugged with a guy. But 4 20-something girls... I dunno. I feel a little nervous about it. Sure, I could turn it to my palm for the walk back, but that doesn''t mean someone in a club wouldn''t have spotted it before we left... Hmm, now I think I''m nervous about nothing. Reassurance please?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I suggest that you leave your rings at home. Also, please be careful if you walk along the beach or the docks at night.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree MB, I''d leave them behind. Have fun and be safe!!

recran

Rough_Rock
Thanks y''all. I did read about how the beaches essentially close in the evening and people who don''t want to be mugged should stay away from them. Very sad as I have had some good times hanging out with friends on the beach at night before.

Oh well. I can wear my old set. No one will want to steal my created emerald.
5.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
My in laws are Puerto Rican (2nd generation) and I wouldn''t worry at all. You''ll see locals wearing very nice gold and diamond jewelry. It''s far from a third world country. It''s no more dangerous than any other american city. Do you leave your jewelry at home when you go out at night here?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''d wear my ring. That''s why I have insurance, and as long as the group of you are all moving about together, I would not feel insecure at all.

Four 20-ish-year-old ladies, 1 mugger . . . meow . . . you''ll all pounce him and scratch his eyes out.
2.gif

recran

Rough_Rock
You know I had the same thought - I wouldn''t leave my ring at home here. But I also wouldn''t be walking several blocks in the middle of the night with a few girls were I at home. Need to think about it some more I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results