shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 10:11:34 AM
Author: Patty

Date: 2/11/2006 7:44:05 AM
Author: diamondlil

Date: 2/11/2006 7:05:03 AM
Author: marriahlyn
Lumpkin, you''ll see the ring back on another famous person LOL. This time with a 1.5ct Asha. This person likes to sell on the MGR a lot so it might be up within a year ROFL Also, dh is no romantic so we don''t much celebrate Valentine''s. I forgot all about it even though I''m class mom organizing my daughters party next Tuesday :)
Uh, what''s MGR? I try to keep up on these things, but sometimes I''m a little slow.
20.gif
dl...The ''buy sell trade'' board at betterthandiamond.com is often referred to as the ''merry-go-round'' or MGR for short. It''s called that because items tend to appear off and on the board over and over again.
Just so you know, I call SHOTGUN!!!, LOL! (Shotgun is where you call dibs on something that someone has just gotten in case they ever decide to sell it.) I LOVE that ring but I actually already have two bridal rings and I just don''t wear anything on my right hand. I''ve tried. I just can''t, it bothers me in ways I just can''t abide, LOL. So actually, you can call shotgun. But I''ll still be a lustin'' after it! (I''m so unfaithful, LOL!)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
An I then G then J...

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I kind of caught the arrows...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
***sign*** so beautiful!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Three big diamonds are we....

You are a very lucky lady.

I live in the land of diversity -- we have all different sizes of diamonds and styles out here. And you can''t tell how wealthy someone is by their jewelry here because you have really wealthy women with just a diamond band (possibly they have the family heirloom in the safe deposit box or they just didn''t put their money in jewelry), and you have young women whose fiances pulled out the credit card. It''s kind of good because there''s really no value judgment about the size of your diamond and you just do what you feel you''d like to do.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Patty! I am so happy for you!

When I saw Marriahlyn''s ring for sale, my husband caught me drooling all over the keyboard and he yelled from across the room "Don''t even think about it!"
2.gif
I''m so glad it went to a great home!

Isn''t there any way your hubby will let you put it in your diamond setting early? Come on ladies - we need to think of something! 16 months is too long for that baby to be sitting in the dark all by herself!
39.gif
She needs to party with her other girlfriends!

When Mara wants something, doesn''t she offer Greg some wine and a nice warm soak in the hot tub?
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Pebbles, yep a bottle of wine with dinner....and some champagne and chocolate in the tub USUALLY does the trick!!
31.gif

I think that Patty's hubby agreed to let her put it into the Stuller Solstice setting for now so at least there's progress!!!

In negotiating with my sweet hubby about my near-future upgrade...part of the agreement is 'not another one until X amount of time OR until the event that a boy child is produced'....
6.gif

I told one of my close PS friends, fellow-large-diamond-nut Demelza about what he said re: the boy child and I thought she would say something like 'OMG that's insane'. Nope..the darling girl busts out with 'Welp you do what you gotta do'...
23.gif

SOOOO I guess where there is a will there is ALWAYS a way!!!
36.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 6:46:58 PM
Author: Mara
Haha Pebbles, yep a bottle of wine with dinner....and some champagne and chocolate in the tub USUALLY does the trick!!
31.gif

I think that Patty''s hubby agreed to let her put it into the Stuller Solstice setting for now so at least there''s progress!!!

In negotiating with my sweet hubby about my near-future upgrade...part of the agreement is ''not another one until X amount of time OR until the event that a boy child is produced''....
6.gif

I told one of my close PS friends, fellow-large-diamond-nut Demelza about what he said re: the boy child and I thought she would say something like ''OMG that''s insane''. Nope..the darling girl busts out with ''Welp you do what you gotta do''...
23.gif

36.gif
Oh, I missed the Stuller soltice setting --- ok, that''s some progress!

Maybe Ana can photoshop the new stone into the diamond setting, then Patty can print it out and at least wear the paper copy!
3.gif

Mara, part of your negotation is that a boy child be produced?!?!? Then what''s my husband''s problem? I''ve given him TWO darling children -- one of which is a boy -- and all I got was a pat on the back and a "good job!" comment!
33.gif
I can''t complain -- I did get a whole new ring last year...

I will try the champagne though....hubby likes wine too.
31.gif
Not that I need anything else right now, but a girl can always dream.
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic pictures, Patty!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see arrows Patty. Great pics!! Please feel free to take some more,
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, I''d like to know more about your diamond and sapphire ring. You and San Diego Lady have me wanting one of those, too! I have the Princess Diana kind, but my sapphire is a bit dark. I love yours! They are such a beautiful medium blue.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all. I wish I could edit my pictures...I''d shrink them and delete a few. I tend to overpost and then regret it.
20.gif

And I''m LOL''ing at Mara and Pebbles.

Date: 2/11/2006 8:05:58 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Patty, I''d like to know more about your diamond and sapphire ring. You and San Diego Lady have me wanting one of those, too! I have the Princess Diana kind, but my sapphire is a bit dark. I love yours! They are such a beautiful medium blue.
ds, I got my three stone ring two years ago. It was for our 25th anniversary. The center stone is a SuperbCert 1.35, G, I-1 stone. The side sapphires are from Madagascar and they total 1.52 carats. The center diamond measures 7.2mms and the sapphires measure 5.4mms each. The setting is white gold and was made by Vatche.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Patty,

I was admiring your 3-stone too. Thanks for the specs!!!

I love admiring your rings.

3.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thanks for sharing all your rings with us and I think your new diamond is killer!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow Patty, I love the pics! All your diamonds look stunning!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow!
wow...

wow

you go girl! well done!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty you could never post too many pics. I''m glad nice hubby is letting you put it in your stuller setting. Can''t wait to see it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 6:46:58 PM
Author: Mara

In negotiating with my sweet hubby about my near-future upgrade...part of the agreement is ''not another one until X amount of time OR until the event that a boy child is produced''....
6.gif

I told one of my close PS friends, fellow-large-diamond-nut Demelza about what he said re: the boy child and I thought she would say something like ''OMG that''s insane''. Nope..the darling girl busts out with ''Welp you do what you gotta do''...
23.gif

36.gif
What do you get if you produce a girl child??? You know, there are couples who try for a boy (or girl) and continue to get the opposite gender after repeated tries. You may be getting more than you could possibly bargain for, LOL! Maybe you could make a deal where two girls equals 1 1/2 times the original agreed upon upgrade.
28.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
yay Patty! I love love love this rock! I''m positive it will look smashing in your setting! I also really like the picture you took with the 3 lined up! Congrats, again!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this thread Patty but......
CONGRATULATIONS it''s a fabulous rock!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, thanks for the stats on the 3 stone! That really helps! Is there a thread for that one? I''d love to see a side view. I''m encouraged that it is in Vatche setting. I''d rather not go the custom route on everything because I''m always worried a little about the unknown! Did you find the sapphires yourself?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you PrincessV, craftygrrl, Rascal, belle, mrssalvo,CoutureFemme, MiniMouse and diamondseeker.

As for the pictures, I''m freaking out a bit about having posted those closeups that include my finger. I don''t think I''ve ever actually seen the hair on my finger before.
7.gif

diamondseeker, here is the thread about my 3-stone ring...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-new-3-stone-anniversary-ring.12280/

And no, I did not find the sapphires myself. Barry at SuperbCert got them from his colored stone provider. I asked him to find the best color natural sapphires that he could and he sent me pictures of two sets and I chose these. The other set was a bit smaller and maybe a bit lighter. When I could not decide, I asked Barry to ask his sapphire provider which pair was prettier and he preferred this pair.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Patty I have been out of town and missed this thread. Your new diamond is so big and beautiful - how exciting for you!!! Both your rings are gorgeous and it is good to see them again. Thanks for sharing and don't worry your close ups look fine!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, thanks! I enjoyed reading the old thread! And since our fingers are about the same size, it helps me to judge the size stones I''d want as well! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results