shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond I am considering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, you are tooooo sweet, Patty!

And thanks so much gonzodogg, mrssalvo, Shay, Sophie, SDL, Tacori E-R, Kaleigh, Diam100, Jelly, cobrateach, MissGotRocks, BrownEyes, Rascal, and anyone else I missed for your wonderful encouragement and opinions.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think it is very lovely, I would keep it in a simple setting so that it could be worn with your original wedding band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Matatora! You know, part of my reason for getting a new ring was that I wanted to change over to all platinum and WG. And I really didn''t want to alter my original rings. So I won''t be able to wear that w-band with the new diamond, unfortunately. :( However, I think I will wear my original set maybe once a week just for sentimental reasons. It is hard for me to part with something that I have had for so long! But I will get a classic setting for the new one because that is just me, and I don''t want too much bling since the diamond is a good bit larger than the current 1 ct.

junemom

Rough_Rock
I think the diamond is gorgeous! I would definitely keep it and have it set into the tiffany setting....it looks so beautiful on your finger and I love all the fire is has!!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker, I am not a diamond expert, so I''ll let everyone else help you decide on that. I saw your other post too about the 3 different diamonds, and it''s tough for me to give advice, as I am so much like you describe yourself: "Then I worry a little about the diamond being so much bigger than most of the people around me. Yet it doesn''t look big in these pictures at all! Lol! I just have trouble deciding on big ticket items like this that certain;y aen''t essential (to the rest of the world outside PS!)." However, I will say that I, somewhat like you, am getting a ''white'' setting for my engagement diamond; my original wedding ring is yellow gold, and I found a different e-ring at an antique shop to wear with it. (You are much more patient at 29 years; I''ve only been married less than 3 years!) Anyway, I also know what you mean about "too blingy" and comparing the size, since the diamond will be bigger than those around you. But in any case, I will just echo what the others have said: go with what you think is beautiful on you. If you can get a chance to see several of these top quality diamonds to compare, that''d be great! But the one in this thread looks beautiful!! And I will also say as others did, you have gorgeous hands! I''m jealous too!!
1.gif

{{{{ I think I will wear my original set maybe once a week just for sentimental reasons. It is hard for me to part with something that I have had for so long! But I will get a classic setting for the new one because that is just me, and I don''t want too much bling since the diamond is a good bit larger than the current 1 ct.}}}}

That''s like me too! Although the one you described, "custom made setting with engraving and little diamonds bead set on the band next to the center diamond. Could have matching w-band made, too" sounds beautiful. I''d have to see it to be sure, but it sounds like it would be unique and lovely, without really being too blingy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Courtney!

Old-Fashioned Girl...what a great idea to get another ring at an antique shop to wear with your original wedding band! It does sound like we both like classic and antique settings! Those never go out of style, and that''s a good thing in my book! And thank you for the complement on my hands! I almost thought I shouldn''t get a new ring since I don''t have beautiful young hands like so many of you...but I did talk myself out of that thought! Lol!

I see why people get hooked on this site...the diamonds are so much fun to look at, and there are genuinely nice people here!

cobrateach

Rough_Rock
So we need an update..or did I miss it?? Does the diamond stay or go??
33.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, cobrateach, I am wavering back and forth!!! I have a few more days to decide, thankfully!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janis- I can''t wait to see what setting you decide on! I am so excited for you!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/7/2006 9:58:39 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh, cobrateach, I am wavering back and forth!!! I have a few more days to decide, thankfully!

Do not panic, I am sending my favorite hypnotist over,

you are getting sleepy, you will be buying a beautiful diamond, resistance is futile, you will be adorned....

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 3:24:58 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 2/7/2006 9:58:39 PM

Do not panic, I am sending my favorite hypnotist over,

you are getting sleepy, you will be buying a beautiful diamond, resistance is futile, you will be adorned....
ROFLMAO!!!! Wink, are you sure that you''re not a closet comedian? You always have such witty posts, and you are such a gentleman. I overheard a gentleman talking about visiting Boise a few days ago, and he was saying how there was nothing out there. Like a good little PSer I almost said what about Wink? He would have thought I was a nutcase.
9.gif

shay

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh I think it is so beautiful! I''d love to have that size. Have you seen the tiffany style solitaire that JadieJewel just got (the superbcert). I think she has a round diamond around the size of yours, maybe a little bigger, but it would give you an idea. I think that would be divine, either with a plain band or with an eternity band. Demelza and KristyDarling have some of my other very favorite solitaires.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janis, today is D Day, what did you decide?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have cable internet and it is reliable 99.9% of the time. Yet TODAY it was down all day...my day off of work, naturally! Lol!

Well, I have decided to postpone a decision on this particular diamond. I think it is beautiful, and it is possible that it is "the one". But I have some uncertaintly because I have looked at very few stones, and I have seen only maybe one that was an Ideal cut. I have not yet seen a H&A. It is a lot of money to spend and I want to be very sure. I''ll have it the rest of my life, hopefully, so I feel like it is worth taking my time and being sure what I want. So I did call Winfield''s today and told them I''d return the stone this afternoon.
8.gif

I was a little frustrated that I had contacted two local jewelers and asked for prices on settings last week, and I have heard nothing from either one in over a week! I just felt that maybe this is not the time for me to make a decision since things weren''t falling into place.

What I will tell anyone is that Wink Jones is a class act, and a very nice person, too! If I do buy that diamond later, I''ll probably have him set it for me, because I am a little disillusioned with the local customer service. Wink has two lovely ladies working with him, Sheila and Sylvia, and they have both been so helpful through this process which included my initial panic over the USPS almost losing my check!!! So I would not hesitate to do business with them in the future.

I should also say that I have had very helpful and prompt email contact with some of the other vendors here including John from WF, Jonthan at GOG and Jim at James Allen. Overall, these guys stand far and above the ones I''ve seen locally. I would be pleased to buy from any of them. And hey, maybe over time I can buy something from ALL of them!
36.gif
What a great idea!

Thank you all for your encouragement! My anniversary is actually not until December! So I really have plenty of time to find just the right thing! Patience usually pays off. I''m sure I''ll be asking for your help again!

(to gailrmv..yes, I do love the rings you have mentioned!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a feeling your heart wants 100% into this diamond. I have no doubt you will find the perfect stone for you. You really need to call KP. I never e-mailed them but Howard was always good with phone calls. He really went above and beyond when I had a setting issue (didn''t make me feel crazy OR obsessive which is always a plus). I''ll keep a look out for you my local friend!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry you decided this wasn''t the one for you DS2006..it looked really pretty though!! I also want to comment that I''m jealous of your small knuckled fingers..and yes, congrats on your upcoming anniversary! Don''t worry, I''m sure you will find one and when you do, you will know it is the one without any question! Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the fact that you were able to send it back speaks volumes and I too beleive you made the right decision. This is your upgrade, there is not reason to settle. You perfect is going to come along, I just know it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/10/2006 8:33:58 PM

What I will tell anyone is that Wink Jones is a class act, and a very nice person, too! If I do buy that diamond later, I''ll probably have him set it for me, because I am a little disillusioned with the local customer service. Wink has two lovely ladies working with him, Sheila and Sylvia, and they have both been so helpful through this process which included my initial panic over the USPS almost losing my check!!! So I would not hesitate to do business with them in the future.

Thank you for the kind words. Whether you buy this diamond or another, I will always be happy to assist you with the setting. Like the other vendors here, our main concern is that our clients be well pleased and get what makes THEIR hearts happy. While we always want to be THE ONE who does that, we are also pleased for you when you find something that someone else has that makes your eyes pop.

Wink

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aiiigh. Is anyone else dying to know a) price of that beauty & b) who it ends up with eventually!!! I WANT IT and I''m not even in the market for a diamond anymore & I''m not a "round" girl (except when it comes to my bum
2.gif
). No PM so I can''t even be discreet. And I don''t even expect answers .. just sympathy that I''m not the only curious KooKoo out here!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you are all so nice! Thanks mrssalvo, Slammie, and Wink! Tacori, thanks for watching out for me! I think I am dealing with a more unusual personality at KP, and that is part of the problem. The store itself is excellent. And you are right, I would get a better response if I called. I just sort of dropped it when I wasn't sure I'd keep the diamond. I just need to go over there and look at all the settings to narrow down what I really want, even if I get it from the diamond vendor.

Deco, I agree that we are seriously handicapped by not having PM's! Tacori and I did about a hundred of them! There are certain things that we don't want to post openly..like prices or details about a vendor that we do not feel that we should post openly. My hesitation in posting too much in this particular instance is that I still have this stone as a possibility, so I am not too interested in advertising it to others yet! Haha! However, I will say that if you look, you can locate it on Wink's site. It wasn't taken off while I had it. It should be the only one at 1.66 cts.

But I should say this to everyone, it is now fair game for anyone to buy. Don't be afraid to post if you buy it, because I'll be delighted that it has found a home and then I'll know it was meant for someone else.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 2:05:08 PM
Deco, I agree that we are seriously handicapped by not having PM''s! Tacori and I did about a hundred of them! There are certain things that we don''t want to post openly..like prices or details about a vendor that we do not feel that we should post openly. My hesitation in posting too much in this particular instance is that I still have this stone as a possibility, so I am not too interested in advertising it to others yet! Haha! However, I will say that if you look, you can locate it on Wink''s site. It wasn''t taken off while I had it. It should be the only one at 1.66 cts.

I don''t think I saved your e-mail
15.gif
but if you still have mind feel free to e-mail me whenever!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, I need to look in my sent messages to see if I can find when I emailed you the ring pictures to post for me! If I don''t find it, I''ll never be able to post pictures again! LOL! But if worse came to worse, we could call Howard and exchange emails that way! Where there''s a will, there''s a way!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 8:27:09 PM
Tacori, I need to look in my sent messages to see if I can find when I emailed you the ring pictures to post for me! If I don''t find it, I''ll never be able to post pictures again! LOL! But if worse came to worse, we could call Howard and exchange emails that way! Where there''s a will, there''s a way!

I just sent you a reply!
2.gif
Howard would have thought we were nuts!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker I just got back from vacation and was hoping that you had posted a picture of that nice big diamond from Wink. It did look gorgeous on your hand, but I think you are wise to take your time and make sure you are getting the diamond that you really want. Have fun with the search!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial, I have been thinking of you and am dying to hear about your trip! So please post in Hangout if you haven''t already! Boy, that 2 weeks flew by, didn''t it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results