shape
carat
color
clarity

More Cruise control??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
It''s all about Tom and don''t forget it!
11.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I read it! Actually was about to post it.

I certainly hope that either the 'friend' is misquoting or the Katie gets out of that relationship. Tom is going cookoo. What is up with him referring to the baby as 'his'...sorry but if anything it's hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s kinda lookin like an alien in that pic...sorta appropriate.
2.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Is it just me or is this whole thing just getting creepier and creepier...
32.gif

“I’ve got Katie tucked away, so no one will get to us until my child is born — and until I want them to,” Cruise recently told “a friend” according to the new issue of Life & Style Weekly.

Um...isn't it her baby too? or is he going to take sole credit for that one too? She doesn't look too happy IMO.
SHUDDER
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read that today too, so creepy. The guy is just a nutcase!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe he's renting her uterus for 9 months.
20.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Looks like ol'' Tommy Boy is starting to merge into Michael Jackson... Watch for that baby on the balcony, Katie!
32.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 5:14:32 PM
Author: moon river
Maybe he''s renting her uterus for 9 months.
20.gif

lol. I agree with FG, she is looking really strange in that pic... hopefully it''s just a warped photo/angle. Who knows if these quotes are true or not but you have to admit the two have not been in the public eye so much lately.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

“I said [Katie''s] life from now on was going to be about being a mother,” Cruise allegedly said. “I’m not giving her the chance to turn into another Nicole.” Cruise’s rep denies the story.

OH.....MY.....GOD. "I''m not giving her the chance"? YIKES......seriously.

Run, Katie, run!
32.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I always found it odd how he just filed for divorce from Nicole. I thought she had to have done something horrible. He made the statement ''she knows what she did'' and she always claimed to have no idea. Now I believe her. She probably breathed wrong or someting. He''s such a nutjob and I wonder how long Katie will last. If he''s not scared her off by now I wonder what she''ll do to be divorced
20.gif

PSYCHO!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else find it REALLY hard to see a Tom cruise movie now? I haven''t seen one since the whole Brook Shield''s incident.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Poor Katie, if she develops PPD and the vitamins and exercise don''t work what will happen? I am a firm believer in holistic cures but I would NEVER put someone down for taking medication.Some times herbs and vitamins don''t work. We''ve seen too many cases of PPD ending in the deaths of children, who the heck does he think he is?!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeez, I long for the days of pre-scientology, pre-everything-revolved-around-Tom-Cruise. Sure do miss Risky Business and him dancing around in his underwear! I wonder if Katie even remembers watching that movie growing up? I''m 28 and barely remember it, save seeing it quite a few times on cable...I''m sure my parents rented it on VHS when it first came out in video stores.

I find the whole thing really sad. Maybe they''ve found some super degree of happiness in life that evades the rest of us, but somehow I don''t think so. She seems to be perfectly happy with letting go of her individuality. I think the fact that people notice something is different about her could be related to the lack of her own personality shining in her eyes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s sad for me because tom cruise was always my FAVE actor!! i loved all his movies and his dimpled good looks.

and seriously now i can''t stand him. don''t want to see his movies, don''t even want to read about him. he''s a total tweaker and seriously disturbed!!

run katie run!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, Mara. He''s turned into a total publicity-whore. It''s so unfortunate that he has involved someone who seemed so innocent of Hollywood ways in his attempt to keep his career going...just my opinion.

I honestly have flipped to another channel when one of his newer films is on...at least the post-90''s ones. I certainly thought he would possibly be one of those actors who stood the test of time (DeNiro, Pacino, Freeman, Fiennes), without letting himself get caught up in the la-la crap. Oh well, at least we found out now. Here''s hoping Katie still has a chance at becoming the kind of person SHE strives to be without all the hoopla, and is able to withstand the press''s and Tom''s craziness.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 11:41:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Does anyone else find it REALLY hard to see a Tom cruise movie now? I haven''t seen one since the whole Brook Shield''s incident.
I''ve never been a fan of his and avoided his movies unless I really really wanted to see it..the last one I really really wanted to see was Top Gun, I love that movie but that was more for Goose
30.gif
than Maverick.

War of the Worlds was a ridiculous movie. Steven Speilberg disappointed me with that one, first for having Tom Cruise in it but also because it could have been soooo much better.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
FYI, my whole dad''s and stepmom''s family are hardline scientologists. I can tell you waht is "really" behind some of this stuff if you are interested, but I warn you I tend to rant about Sicentology (although at the same I time I do have strong feelings about the fact that is is a RELIGION like anyone elses. Someone came up to me once and said "Dude, I heard you are a Scientologist. Isn''t that alien Xenu shit just so WIERD?"

So, I said, "Yeah, but you know what''s WEIRDER??? Um, Christ rising from the dead, the burning bush, the Trinity, the Bhudda."
I''m not a Scientologist anymore and there are a lot of problems with the religion. But it is a religion with the same problems of any other. people really believe in this shit guys, just as you do in your faith. I know it is hard not to mock it, but try to remember that there are people to whom it is sacred.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
btw, I know you were not specifically talking about scientology as much as you were Cruise and Holmes (who actually go to my dad''s church), but I''ve seen stuff about it in the other threads on Cruise, so I thought I would comment here.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I believe everyone has a right to their own religious beliefs. I DON''T believe in publically abmonishing another person for NOT believing the way they do as Tom did with Brooke.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Rainbow, please elaborate on what's behind this for us. I'm genuinely interested. There have been so many theories behind it, the biggest being that Tom is really gay and doing anything he can to cover it up. I don't really see why it's such a big deal if he is other than it might undermine the roles he tends to play to some people. I could care less if he is, I'd rather he come clean and live a normal life rather than this crazy kick he is on. If anything, he's giving scientologists a bad name.
Is it true that scientologists have a bigger issue with homosexuality than catholics? If he is gay, maybe that's why he's working so hard to cover it up?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
“I’m not giving her the chance to turn into another Nicole.”

Ok? and exactly what is wrong with Nicole? I''d always heard Tom praise her as a good mother. Could it be that he doesn''t want Katie to get as successful as Nicole?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 2:23:38 PM
Author: pearcrazy
“I’m not giving her the chance to turn into another Nicole.”

Ok? and exactly what is wrong with Nicole? I''d always heard Tom praise her as a good mother. Could it be that he doesn''t want Katie to get as successful as Nicole?
Most likely. I''m betting that part of the problem with their relationship was that she is a way better actor than he is. Although she was being held back by him at the time. I''m sure she is looking back at that relationship now thinking ''what was I thinking......'' I think he also wants his women to stay home and take care of the kids. What I''m still baffled about is how he knocked Katie up? I remember rumors that he was sterale (sp) when he was with Mimi Rogers and also that was the reason him and Nicole Adopted.

Tom Cruise is crazy. I bet when he''s long gone we are going to hear stories to back that up.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 1:33:45 PM
Author: moon river
I believe everyone has a right to their own religious beliefs. I DON''T believe in publically abmonishing another person for NOT believing the way they do as Tom did with Brooke.

I totally do not either. Sadly, as many evangelical Christians do, Scientologists think that people need to be told "the message" at all costs.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 1:50:17 PM
Author: PaulaW
Rainbow, please elaborate on what''s behind this for us. I''m genuinely interested. There have been so many theories behind it, the biggest being that Tom is really gay and doing anything he can to cover it up. I don''t really see why it''s such a big deal if he is other than it might undermine the roles he tends to play to some people. I could care less if he is, I''d rather he come clean and live a normal life rather than this crazy kick he is on. If anything, he''s giving scientologists a bad name.

Is it true that scientologists have a bigger issue with homosexuality than catholics? If he is gay, maybe that''s why he''s working so hard to cover it up?

Well, let''s see. Scientology does have issues with homosexuality. The short story is that it is considered "aberrant" and something that can be fixed with enough "auditing" which is basically a kind of talk therapy with a lie detector.
I wouldn''t say they have more issues than Catholics. Tom would have to get "fixed," though, if he were gay.
There is another issue at stake here. In "auditing," you tell personal secrets. These are SUPPOSED to be confidential but are not so by law. My personal opinion, as I have seen this happen when my mother tried to leave the Church, is that they may be holding these secrets over Tom''s head to make him do a song and dance for their PR.

A more likley reason is that Tom has really finally been sucked into the ''true believer'' status of some church members, where he knows the truth and the church knows it and everyone else is wrong wrong wrong. It''s fairly common although many of us will keep quiet bc we don''t want to be seen as crazy (I say we bc even though I am not a scientologist anymore I deal with a familiy who is) Most of what Tom says is straight out of doctrine. BTW, the issue with shrinks comes from them being business competition as their therapies are so similar. However, the church will quote 50 year old psychiatric practices at you like they are still done today.

One of the most chilling exepriances I have had was my dad gave 2 young church members a ride to go see a new church exhibit called "Psyciatry: The Killing Fields," or something, and these kids were SO excited and totally...well, brainwashed.

RE: his behavior with Katie. Church doctrine holds that women are best fulfilling their purpose when wearing their "hats" as wives and mothers, although there is nothing stongly against them having a career. There are also a number of somewhat odd things one does during the pregnancy, although none are really harmful.

If Katie ever divorces Tom and uses Scientology as a reason she will be excommunicated and Tom and all his family will shun her, and any debts she racked up with the chruch will be immediately called to account. Her child will be told she is a "supressive person" and will be encouraged to shun her when he or she is of age. I imagine Tom is subtly doing this with his 2 children now (although I am not sure, it depends if she used scientology as a reason for the divorce)

I know this because it happened to me and I refused to do it. My father didn''t come to my high school graduation bc he didn''t want to chance seeing my mother. He won''t be in wedding pictures together with her and he won''t talk about finances with her, all for the church...I hope this doesn''t happen to Katie.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I also wouldn''t say he particularly is giving scientologists a bad name..most people I know in the church are thrilled with his actions, many act the same way.

Usually they are a little more subtle although they are taught that a "hard sell" is the best way to get people into the chruch.

If you EVER take a scientolgy course, please please please do NOT give these people your cell number or your home number bc they will harass you until the end of time trying to get you to come back.

I also strongly discourage getting into any debt at all with them or telling them anything you wouldn''t mind having used against you. By ''them'' I mean the Church of Scinetology, not individual Scientologists who are often very nice, moral people, if a little wierd.

I guess that''s the message I am trying to get across. hate the organization, not the believers.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Rainbow, that''s insane. Thanks for the information.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very curious then, Rainbowtrout what is the draw to the Church of Scientology? There seem to be so many negatives but yet there are lots of very successsful, intelligent people who join and remain very loyal. What was it that prompted your parents to join?

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 4:16:42 PM
Author: pearcrazy
I''m very curious then, Rainbowtrout what is the draw to the Church of Scientology? There seem to be so many negatives but yet there are lots of very successsful, intelligent people who join and remain very loyal. What was it that prompted your parents to join?

After a lot of soul searching over the years, I think the draw to the Church comes mostly from 2 things. The draw a person feels for any religion coupled with the draw to a ''rational'' religion that will claim to fix things and not make you take anything on faith.

Scientology claims that be the "science of knowing how to know." It has a pseudo-scientific basis to it which becomes more clear the more you know about such unrelated subjects as neuropharmacology, psychiaatry, theology, and philosophy. I''m not kidding. L Ron Hubbard (Ron as we call him at dinner) was a smart businessman and just a smart man in general. As we can see in history, religion is a GREAT way to make money. He pulled stuff from everything he could and knit it all together into an appealing package.
Very few people have the knowledge to realize some of the stuff is BS. I certainly didn''t--it took me years of reading and talking to smarter people than me to confrim my feelings of ''not right.''

In my experiance if you look at the Scientologist community there are a lot of Angeleno artists, writers, liberal arts people--not a ton of people with higher education in the hard sciences or doctors. The current head of the church never finished high school. I have had the experiance that in general they do not value any education but their own. My stepmother has sunk thousands of dollars into Scientology "scientific" self help courses and doesnt understand that the reason she cant get a better paying job is because she doesnt have a bloody high school diploma!

My parents joined because my father had a bad experiance with Catholicism and psychiatry. He thought the church was everything the Catholics were not, and a more sane version of psyciatry.

On the other hand, the church''s basic moral codes are sound and englightened. Their education policies have some good sides. I even think that, since it costs about the same, their talking cure might be as good as a therapist''s.

I can''t agree with their stance on medicine. if I ever took "psych drugs," my family wouldn''t speak to me. if I worked for the FBI, they would shun me bc the FBI once investigated the church. if I worked for any of a "list" of organization that have hurt the chruch, they say they would never speak to me again.

This is what I think is truly dangerous about Scientology---they will cut you off from your family and isolate the family from you.

At the end of the day, though, I think that Scientology is a lot like all other religions with its good sides and bad ones...it is just younger and thus all its members are more fanatical. I think it is very revealing that one of the things which seperates a cult from a religon in sociology is how long it has been around. Also there is only ONE organized branch, and thus there is very little room for free thought. If it lasts the years, one day there will be a Martin Luther of Scinetology.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results