shape
carat
color
clarity

My Immaculate Ring from Dutton's Diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Hello to everyone here on Pricescope! If it wasn't for this site, I would not have been equipped with the proper knowledge prior to purchasing this diamond.

The stats for my numbers types:
Shape: Round
Weight: 0.82 ct.
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.9 %
Table: 57.0 %
Culet: Pointed
Polish: IDEAL
Symmetry: IDEAL
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.3-1.8% Faceted
Crown: 34.2deg/14.9%
Pavilion: 40.7deg/42.8%
Dimensions: 6.04x6.06x3.69mm

The buying experience:

First off let me say that it really puzzles me that not that many people talk much about Gary at Dutton's Diamonds (www.diamondexpert.com). When I was initially looking for diamonds, I browsed the usual suspects (GOG, WF, and Wink). Every single place was very very helpful and I would not hesitate to give them a thumbs up (especially Wink).

It started out with emails between me and Gary, but one Saturday I decided to give him a call to discuss the diamond more. It was during this phone conversation that it really settled in that I would go ahead and move forward with Duttons Diamonds. He thoroughly explained the very high standards that Paul holds in order for a diamond to be deemed an "INFINITY". It made sense that Paul also hand-picked the vendors he trusted would properly present the diamonds. After seeing them, they are absolute stunners and they are also priced very very competitively with the other branded ideals out there.

It was also during this conversation that we mapped out a baseline for what I wanted to do with the setting. I knew I wanted something four prong and platinum. With a few days of research, I emailed pictures of settings with elements that I wanted incorporated into the "custom" design. With each and every step, Gary would give me the thumbs up on the viability of each detail and also provide his input. It is fully polished inside and out, the four prongs point to star facets, the inscription on the girdle can be seen from the side with magnification, and the prongs are very thin to help showcase the diamond a little more. The last aspect I added at the last minute was an engraving. To go with the theme - I decided to put J ~ P on the inside of the shank (replace the ~ with an infinity symbol).

Gary also helped me by dropping the diamond off at the appraiser of my choice. Sindi Schloss looked at the diamond unmounted and also afterwards to provide a very thorough appraisal.

Every aspect that I wanted included with the diamond was given to me and Gary kept in touch every day and new developments came up. I was very comfortable with Gary being my eyes for the custom benchwork because I knew he would be as discriminating as I would be. Gary is a professional and I truly believe that you will not be disappointed if you decide to go with him.

As a caveat, I do not have a really good digital camera. These pictures will have to do for now, but I do know that there is someone here locally in San Diego that does professional diamond photos. Sorry for the blurriness!
ring1.jpg

ring2.jpg

ring3.jpg

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
The Phoenix area and the appraiser is:

Sindi J. Schloss, G.G.,President,International Gemological Appraisal Services

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That ring looks like a real fireball. Only a PSer would consider professional diamond photos.
2.gif
Only a fellow PSer would find herself thinking (as I did) that''s a great idea.
9.gif

shay

singer

Brilliant_Rock
It is soooo beautiful and classic! Yummy!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow wow!!! It is on fire!! Great job!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovly. Congrats

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats it is lovely!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design. Subtle and beautiful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, congratulations!!!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, love that diamond! Even in a blurry picture its sparkling like mad!
36.gif

Professional diamond photos...I might have to look into that...when I get my ring of course.
31.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Richard,

Yes it is!
emotion-5.gif
Those drinks were so good....and needless to say, I had fun that night!!! LOL.

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Two more pics that are a little less blurry...

Thanks for the compliments.

ring7.jpg

ring6.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a real beauty but you do know that hand shots are mandatory, don''t you?

And while you are at it, snap some more - diamond looks gorgeous!

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Not proposing until Tuesday night

26.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
focalmatic, awesome ring!! best of luck for your proposal!

*love your avatar too... that''s one of my favorite cds!
3.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, guess we''ll have to wait until Tuesday for the hand shots - good luck - with that beautiful diamond you won''t need it
30.gif
30.gif
!

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Here you go

prissy-happy-ps.jpg

handshot-ps.jpg

I'll be posting details about the proposal in the Proposal Ideas forum once I get a chance.

The background is the beach in Del Mar, CA.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! I love the side shot!

Wear it well .
36.gif

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Proposal story can be seen HERE

Thanks everyone!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, thank you for the kind words above! I am really gratified to see that Gary took such great care of you. He is a great guy and it is nice to see him getting some "press".

Wink

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Her hands are as lovely as she is. That ring is merely icing on the cake. The icing is scrumptious.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results