shape
carat
color
clarity

OOPS SHE DID IT AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone see the pictures of Brittney Spears driving down the highway with her 4 month old son IN HER LAP?? She claims the papparazzi scared her so she just drove away to ''protect'' her baby. She drove for 2 miles like that. I know she''s a new mom and all but she should realize how DANGEROUS that is. How much could a camera hurt compared to an airbag deploying or being crushed against the steering wheel?? Her bodyguard was a passenger in the vehicle, why didn''t he ''protect'' her against the cameramen? I know they can be aggressive but come on. She used really poor judgement here.
38.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I heard this on the radio today. What an idiot!!
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUH.....
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no words for that.
38.gif
That poor baby.
14.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it was a pretty stupid thing to do but how many stupid things do we do in our lifetime? I''m not a mother myself so I can''t say what stupid things I would or wouldn''t do if I do become one.

How many of you have left your child in the bathtub to answer the phone?
How many of you have not put child locks on hot taps in the house?
How many of you have not got swimming pool fences?
How many of you allow young children to ride in the front passenger seat?
How many of you subject your children to passive smoking?
How many of you leave your pot handles hanging over the stove?
How many of you don''t have power point stoppers so little kids can''t stick stuff in them and electrocute themseves?
and the list goes on and on.

We try to do the best we can for children but unfortunately, sometimes we make stupid choices because we are human. Hopefully Brittany has learnt from this terrible mistake and won''t do it again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard on the news that they are investigating her and won''t press charges but that child services is involved in some way with counseling or something like that and making sure she knows what not to do. DUH.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 4:27:58 PM
Author: Sparkster
Yeah, it was a pretty stupid thing to do but how many stupid things do we do in our lifetime? I''m not a mother myself so I can''t say what stupid things I would or wouldn''t do if I do become one.

How many of you don''t have power point stoppers so little kids can''t stick stuff in them and electrocute themseves?

We try to do the best we can for children but unfortunately, sometimes we make stupid choices because we are human. Hopefully Brittany has learnt from this terrible mistake and won''t do it again.
Good point sparksters. Although I don''t agree with what she did, we don''t live (at least most of us) in the celebrity work of photogs and what not. So we don''t really know what goes on with those freaks. Although, I don''t understand why the person in the front seat of in the back couldn''t have taken the child and put him in the car seat.

I thought it was a law that if you had a pool you had to have a locked fence around it? Am I wrong?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, when it comes to Britney Spears nothing surprises me!
38.gif

I wish I could find a picture of this on the internet.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 4:40:22 PM
Author: Caribou

Good point sparksters. Although I don''t agree with what she did, we don''t live (at least most of us) in the celebrity work of photogs and what not. So we don''t really know what goes on with those freaks. Although, I don''t understand why the person in the front seat of in the back couldn''t have taken the child and put him in the car seat.

I thought it was a law that if you had a pool you had to have a locked fence around it? Am I wrong?
Just because it''s law, doesn''t mean that people comply.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMurden, Superficial had one up but then they took it down, don''t know why!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it was a pretty stupid thing to do but how many stupid things do we do in our lifetime? I'm not a mother myself so I can't say what stupid things I would or wouldn't do if I do become one.

How many of you don't have power point stoppers so little kids can't stick stuff in them and electrocute themseves?

We try to do the best we can for children but unfortunately, sometimes we make stupid choices because we are human. Hopefully Brittany has learnt from this terrible mistake and won't do it again.
Call me overprotective but I have tried my best to never do any of these things. I have passed this on to my daughter who has 2 children so I guess she is overprotective as well. I'm the parent that is always keeping an eye on everyone elses kids in public. All it takes is for a parent to do one of the things on this list one time and it could result in tragedy. I recall when I was pregnant with my oldest child reading an old Dear Abby letter in which a mother was bringing her child home from the hospital not in a car seat and they were in a wreck and the child died. That scared me so bad that my kids are always strapped in. If they were crying I would pull over. I'd rather hear them scream for a minute than to have to bury them.
15.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know.. It''s stupid of her .. but I think everyone is making way too big a deal over it.. I remember being a little kid and my parents letting me sit on thier laps when they drove. not all the time.. but it wasn''t really a big deal back then.. And I''m SURE SURE SURE that people (especially in certain parts of the country) do this all THE time.. And we don''t know that there''s not some explanation for it.. like the kid was screaming its head off or something..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Melissa, I don't think that nowadays is like when was when we were kids....stuff that parents got away with then just seemingly won't fly nowadays. People are SO protective now, even of things like discipline and punishment...I don't know how it got like this but it's definitely not the same as when I was being raised.

It was really stupid of her seriously, and especially to know that she will be photographed wherever, but she doesn't seem super bright anyway. I have heard horror stories about DOGS who are not restrained in the passenger seats and how they are the casualties in an accident when everyone else is belted in AND also a loose mass of body weight like a dog can be a lethal weapon if it is flying around in the car. We heard a horrible story in our dog training class when P was a baby and went straight out and got a doggie seatbelt the next day...and to this day I have ever only put her in the car with the seatbelt or the odd time or two when it was not with us (emergency or something) I tied her leash to the seatbelt so that she was secured for the most part.

I can't imagine driving around with a child in your LAP....hello Britney this is not your dog!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I hope for her childs sake she views this as a learning experiance and takes responsability for her actions instead of continuing to blame others. I hope she has seen the test dummies crash with test babies and sees the horror she could have caused. I heard on the news that not only did child services pay her a visit but also the sheriffs department.
38.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree that Spears is kind of a dimwit. However, I have to play devil''s advocate and say that common sense and nurturing just don''t come naturally to every woman. Imagine if you grew up onstage, in front of a camera, with your mother pretty much parading you about for all the world to see, whether you wanted it or not. (Not saying this wasn''t Spears'' choice.) I''ve thought about this, and I think that she probably didn''t have the advantage that most girls do of babysitting young infants, small children, or even her younger sister while growing up. She may never have been exposed to babies before having her son (unless you count KFed.) Of course I think it was horrible judgment on her part to have her baby in her lap while driving, but you and I know this is wrong--does she? All I''m saying is that she grew up a lot differently than most women, and she may just not have the same protective mechanisms that come from experience as we do. Probably gonna get flamed for this, but oh well. I hope that she learns from this experience and becomes that much more of a better mom.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
someone needs to neuter her, and paris hilton while they''re at it. these people should not be allowed to reproduce...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 1:38:33 AM
Author: orangevixen
someone needs to neuter her, and paris hilton while they're at it. these people should not be allowed to reproduce...
haha orange vixen i tend to agree...it seems like so many people that shouldn't be having children end up doing it over and over again! sometimes i think there should be a test you have to take or something to get the key to your reproductive organs!
40.gif

i read something recently about how ironic is it that people who seemingly shouldn't have children have like 12 (they were referring to britney/kfed) and albert einstein who was a genius didn't even have ONE? oh the injustice! tongue in cheek of course but it rings somewhat true.

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''m not a Britney fan but I will say this: some of the paparazzi in this country are out of control freaks. I read a story about them harassing Reese Witherspoon & Terri Hatcher''s chlildren, and their experiences were really frightening. I''m not saying that she made the best choice, but since I''ve never lived in that kind of world, I don''t think that I''m qualified to pass judgment on what she experienced without every single detail.

Plus, like another poster mentioned, mothers, especially new, exhausted mothers, don''t always have perfect judgment. Hopefully, she''ll learn from this & move on. I worry a lot more about her sleazy husband than I do about her harming her child.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, but she''s a lying idiot.

What''s the point of having a bodyguard with you when you take your baby out in public?
Wouldn''t the drill be Bodyguard drives, Britney jumps into the back seat with the baby and straps him into the car seat while driving away?
Didn''t they ever have a discussion about kidnappers?

How dangerous is a camera to Britney anyway? She''s been around photographers her entire life. This is nothing new to her.

And why is the "bodyguard" talking on the cell phone instead of handling the little baby who is crammed up against the steering wheel - with an explosive airbag inches from his head?

And no, I never did any of the things you listed. I''m a pediatrician and I have seen far too many drownings, electrical burns, scaldings, accident victims and god knows what else for one lifetime.

In addition, Kevin Federline can use those pictures to gain custody if they spilt up. That is, if he wants to actually take care of one of his kids.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I agree what she did was stupid, but every mother I know isn't perfect and has done something someone else thnks is stupid too. The bigger issue is here, do we go around snapping pictures of people and expect the police to charge them based on a photo? Do you want people sending in photos of things you do that might be questionable? I also never put my children in cars without car seats and later seat belts, but I know people who did, for short rides, but I didn't lock up everything in my home nor did I cover every electrical outlet (which by the way doesn't deliver that big of a shock, my sister stuck a hair pin in one and it just rattled her a little bit when she was 4), but that doesn't make me a bad or unfit mother. I've had people tell me I'm too overprotective as they send their kids out to "drive on daddy's lap" or rollerblade or skateboard without helmets because I wouldn't let mine.

Bringing child protective services in to counsel based on this photo wouldn't happen to you or your neighbor who wasn't a celebrity based on a photo or word of mouth, so how far do we want to carry this? A lot of people get away with worse everyday because they don't have papparazzi following them, so before you go throwing too many stones, take a step back and ask yourself, have you been the Perfect Mother? I'd say no, no one every has.

And before it starts, I do not support or defend what she did, it just amazes me how many on this forum will defend each other who they barely know, but slam someone they "know" from tabloids.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 9:16:50 AM
Author: Momoftwo

Bringing child protective services in to counsel based on this photo wouldn''t happen to you or your neighbor who wasn''t a celebrity based on a photo or word of mouth, so how far do we want to carry this? A lot of people get away with worse everyday because they don''t have papparazzi following them, so before you go throwing too many stones, take a step back and ask yourself, have you been the Perfect Mother? I''d say no, no one every has.

Actually, as a former child protective investigator, I will say that, depending on the state, CPS could indeed be called in on word of mouth. At least the state I used to work in (a high-profile state where a lot of horrible things have happened recently), all someone has to do to make a report is to call the toll-free state hotline and state they have a suspicion of child abuse or neglect. And trust me, people did it ALL THE TIME.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
It was a stupid thing to do, and unluckily for her those pictures are going to follow her around for a while. What irks me is the excuse she gave of why she was holding her son instead of having him in his car seat. Serious lapse in judgment.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MO2, if PICTURES were flying around your local community of you with your kid on your lap, you bet that someone would report it to the authorities and that CPS would be called. But yes the regular daily grind with stupid parents is not typically caught on camera. But even if someone SAW you driving with the kid like that they could still report it. In today''s day and age, IMO things are different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results