shape
carat
color
clarity

your first date...where did your hubby or bf take you? ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
He picked me up and we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant down the street. While we there a guy that I had turned down for a date happened to be out with his friends. We sat and talked for 30 minutes before we even opened our menus. Then we went to a martini bar. We stayed out till midnight which was late for a Wednesday and then stopped by to visit his sister''s fiance (now hubby) because he lived in my apt complex. He even called the next afternoon to tell me what a great time he had, and the rest is history.

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
FUN!

My FI and I meet at the Gap. I was working there and he needed new jeans. At that time we were still using headsets and I got major ribbing about trying to so hard to find jeans that fit him (he''s 6''7"-so nothing fits him).

He asked to give me his phone number and I refused- I gave him my number. He called two days later (RIGHT after I was in a terrible car accident). We talked and he asked me to go to lunch with him the next day.

I was on my way to meet him for lunch and the car that I was driving broke down!

So, he picked me up at the garage that I got to, took me to Qudoba for lunch- then we went to the canal downtown and walked and talked until it got to cold, then to a coffee shop. We got together around noon and he didn''t bring me home until after midnight. He walked me to door and politely asked if he could kiss me.

I was OVER the moon! Fast forward, 5 years- we''re probably going to be married at one of the venues on the canal.
30.gif

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Hubby is a Navy fighter pilot now. When we started dating, we were college kids and he had a private pilot''s license. He took me (and a couple of friends) for a flight in a 4-seat cessna. I was only slightly scared about getting into a dinky plane with someone I barely knew, but my mother was horrified when she found out!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our first date was the weekend we met...basically we met and never left each other''s side for a whole Labor Day weekend! We hung out all over downtown Chicago, and then on Monday before I left town we drove out to the west suburbs to his apartment and he took me to this little dive bar he''d been going to since he was 19 or 20. He told me later if I hadn''t liked it he would''ve known I wasn''t the girl for him. But I did like it, so he "kept me around!" I think it was his way of seeing if I would be happy with a beer and a greasy burger once in a while, if it meant spending time with him.
face23.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well let''s see we were both 19 or 20? Cant remember. Anyway, he took me to play miniature golf (I hate miniature golf, bowling, etc.) Im surprised the guy still liked/likes me after that "date". I was so frustrated with not being able to get the ball in any holes that I banged the club on some wood, threw the ball in the water & told him to let''s get the hell out of here, this sucks. My husband still makes fun of me about that incident.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results