shape
carat
color
clarity

Good diamond, old cert?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brum

Rough_Rock

Hi all – Some cert and stats advice if you please.

My chosen vendor has come up with an initially good looking diamond with the following stats:-

64 pointer
VS2
AGS000 H&A
F
Table 56
Pav angle 41
Cr angle 34.2
Total D 61.2
Girdle .07-1.4%
No cutlet

My main concern is the Cert date of Aug 2003.

As this is a small diamond and not of a VVS or IF grade, why would it remain on the shelf for so long?

What do you think guys?

Cheers

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 10:06:03 PM
Author:brum

Hi all – Some cert and stats advice if you please.

My chosen vendor has come up with an initially good looking diamond with the following stats:-

64 pointer
VS2
AGS000 H&A
F
Table 56
Pav angle 41
Cr angle 34.2
Total D 61.2
Girdle .07-1.4%
No cutlet

My main concern is the Cert date of Aug 2003.

As this is a small diamond and not of a VVS or IF grade, why would it remain on the shelf for so long?

What do you think guys?

Cheers

You might ask if it is a trade in, or one that was returned. While it is possible that it did sit on the shelf, 2003 might not be too old to be in someone''s inventory.

Best to have it checked that it has picked up any chips or bruises, just to make completely sure.

Rockdoc

brum

Rough_Rock
Thanks RockDoc.

I too can''t imagine why a small lower grade diamond would sit on the shelf for so long, especially if it were a good performer.

If it is a previously owned item, then surely the cert is useless and the stone''s condition must be re-certified?

brum

Rough_Rock
Just in case anyone reads this thread,

My dealer informed me that this particular stone was passed on to a previous jeweler, on a long-term basis by the owner/cutter.

I guess the jeweler failed to move the stone within a specified time, returned it to the owner/cutter who is now able to present the gem to his other clients.

Another reason a stone may stay on the shelf for an extended period of time.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t let the grading report date disway me from considering a really good stone. If you''ve seen in person and it''s priced right, and you trust the dealer, buy it.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It doesnt mean it was on the shelf for so long...
Every Diamond has a history..., and from 2003 is a "short" history!!!

You like the diamond? enjoy it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results