shape
carat
color
clarity

oppinions on this setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

junemom

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have been looking at everyones ERs and have been to a few stores with boyfriend this weekend....we looked at a few settings that I liked, but I am so nervous to actually "commit" to one. I want to be able to wear a wedding band with my ring and the settings that I like all have pave or intricate engraving/micro pave on the shanks....I am scared of diamonds rubbing up against the setting of the engagement ring...would an eternity band not damage the ring if it had engraving instead of shared prong?
Also, the ring that I loved is by FUSARO, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the picture onto this post! In every site that I go to (Soloman brothers, Fusaro) they feature this three stone round diamond ring with saphires on the sides...I tried it on with all diamonds....it has tons of diamond beads under the three stones and pave along the shank....If someone could post this ring here, I would greatly appreciate it, as I want oppinions on this ring before I tell Boyfriend that this is the one I want......Thanks :)

junemom

Rough_Rock
I should not be posting at 2am, sorry for the mispelling of opinions, lol....too bad this will be in my original thread...ugh, goodnite all.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Is it this one? I love it!
30.gif
Simply gorgeous!!!

PS321-PSDC-1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh...I love it too!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think it is gorgeous! Did you try it on with a wedding band? I would just make sure that you find a wedding band that will work with this setting before you commit (since you said you wanted to wear a wedidng band eventually with the ering).

junemom

Rough_Rock
YES!!! That is the setting!! Thank you so much! What does everyone think of it? I am too scared to tell boyfriend that this is the "one", almost as if I think I could find something better if I look at more designers....I need everyones honest opinion of this setting, thanks!!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
If you have a gut feeling about it, then I say go with it. I looked at settings to the point where I didn''t even care anymore. I kept second guessing my choices and driving my BF crazy! And, I realized that I like so many different things that it became almost impossible to pick just one. So, if you really love this one, then I say go for it!

junemom

Rough_Rock
I am also not sure if this is pave on the sides of the shank? Can anyone tell me if it is? I know that they are small diamonds, but not sure if this means Pave, I am so new to this....Oh, I am NOT considering the one with saphires, it was all diamonds....I already own the center stone, which is a 1.56 rb, that I would be using. I tried this ring on with a shared prong eternity band, and it looked very "blingy" even with a one carat weight and especially with the two carat weight band....but after reading all these posts on shared prong eternity bands eating up ERs, I am wondering if I should choose a band that has engraving on the sides and the diamonds are set inside the band? Not sure if this would eat up the ring as well, since the setting has tiny rounds in bezels....decisions, decisions....thanks for everyones opinions!

junemom

Rough_Rock
Last night, I saw a setting by Gumuchian Fils on Pearlmans site....it is a platinum three stone, all rounds, except it has tiny round diamonds down the shank in a channel setting....it looks like it was made to have a band sit flush because is is just smooth metal under the diamonds...this is a more polished sleek look,just wondering if most people would rather choose something traditional like this over the Fusaro....I know I can look and look at settings, but I want to be sure I choose correctly....Gottlieb and Sons has one that is a traditional round three stone but it has pears on the ends, and also on the band....three rounds and two pears....looks like Kayleighs from this site...I love that one too, but have not seen it in person......thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Courtney,

What size ring do you wear? And have you tried on a 3-stone ring with a 1.5 in the center? I only ask because I wear about a 5, and when I tried on a 3-stone with 1.0 ct. in the center and .5 on each side, it completely covered my finger! I couldn''t go larger than that for a 3 stone, but I am looking for a stone in the 1.5 range to have as a solitaire (or with little diamonds on the band). Just be sure to try on whatever it is you are considering because it is very hard to judge from a picture! But I think the one you posted looks potentially great! And I only say potentially because I''d like to see a real picture of it.

junemom

Rough_Rock
My finger size is about 4.25...I tried this ring on and it looked great on my finger...but I love diamonds....lol.....

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think Ive found the rings you described again... but im not sure about the second one....

53J13.jpg
still.jpg

Like Rascal said, did you try it on with any bands? Honestly, i think that may be the only way you know what type of wedding band will go with the Fusaro ring and ultimately if you like it... both as an ering and has a ering with wband.

Also, do you have a type of band in mind that may help decide on the ering? Does it have to have diamonds? Is there a style (shared prong, channel, etc) you like over another? Are you okay with a plain band? Maybe its one of those rings that isnt ment to have a band. Are you okay with not having a band? Are you okay with wear it on your right hand and have a wedding band on your left?

The first ring above, while it has smooth metal that you could have diamonds next to, im not sure a band would sit flush. Is that something that would bother you?

Personally, I still like the first one, although the Gumuchian Fils is lovely too. But since this is YOUR ring, i think you need to go back and try it and others on again and try all sorts of different bands too.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Junemom, is this the pear and round set you were talking about from Gottlieb & Sons? I think it is pretty, but the matching wedding band is a little too busy, IMO. I love the other two mountings you posted!

1393u03.jpg

junemom

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the pictures and replys, it is most helpful in deciding which ring to choose....the more feedback the better...yes, those are the other two rings I described...I have never seen the Gumuchian and fils in person, and doubt I ever could, since I don''t know where they are sold locally. I am shopping in the Atlanta area....thanks again for posting the pictures of those rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results