shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you say RHR???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
It''s snowing here ... I''m bored so I was browsing the Firenze Jewels website and came across this seemingly new Simon G wide band ...
6.gif
... I''m not sure whether this is the right place to post, but I think this would be a stunning right hand ring:

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamonds/info/46-Simon-G-67-1856-000-SIMON-G-18K-TWO-TONE-GOLD-DIAMOND-WEDDING-BAND-000-.html

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s swoonable. Love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
Hey Mara did ya see this???
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t somebody around here already have that ring? I think so. (Then again, the old memory ain''t what it used to be...)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe of course I did ! I love Firenze, they have the best stuff...but that Simon G is something like 12mm so WAY too wide for my finger!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think MA has this ring not sure. Or it''s one like it, methinks.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that''s pretty..mebbe i could rock it after some finger stretching & Mara''s finger lipo.
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 8:31:21 PM
Author: Mara
hehe of course I did ! I love Firenze, they have the best stuff...but that Simon G is something like 12mm so WAY too wide for my finger!!

I have two words for you... finger extensions! (Haha! The opposite of finger lipo... if we can't get 'em THINNER... get 'em LONGER!)
9.gif

ETA: LOL! I posted this BEFORE I read Kaylagee's post! HOW FUNNY IS THAT?! I tell you, we are all sick, sick, sick!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not new - Diamondlil has one with a sapphire in wg I think. MA has the tricolor ribbon ring I''ve been swooning over for a long time now.
1-3.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the one MA has. They''re all yummy!
1-3.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those rings are so pretty, i love the sapphire one like lil has too.

mrs jam auctioned the sapphire and white gold/diamond one off on ebay, remember i posted about it? it went for something like $750! but it was too small for my finger! DAMN!

finger stretching AND finger lipo...wow i could actually maybe end up with a size 3?!!!!??

widget

Ideal_Rock
...but that Simon G is something like 12mm so WAY too wide for my finger!!
Hey you guys! 12mm is for sissies!
2.gif

Here''s my "tutti frutti" ring....I just measured it...it''s 15mm!
23.gif

I don''t think it looks too awful, even on my ancient hands...

widget

Untittf.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget i don''t even know if i have 12mm of space between my two knuckles!!! thats why i need the finger stretch!
31.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
.....and speaking of RHRs...(I'm bored too...) check this out:

I didn't know whether this should go in "Family Heirlooms" or the "Tacky Ring" thread. It was my mother's. It's a citrine, and was in the consignment case of the local jewelers' for so long, I'd forgotten about it until they called yesterday and said: "Take it back! We can't sell it!"

I can't imagine why....
9.gif

widget

juyr.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 9:27:54 PM
Author: widget
.....and speaking of RHRs...(I''m bored too...) check this out:

I didn''t know whether this should go in ''family heirlooms'' or the ''tacky ring'' thread. It was my mother''s. It''s a citrine, and was in the consignment case of the local jewelers'' for so long, I''d forgotten about it until they called yesterday and said: ''Take it back! We can''t sell it!''

I can''t imagine why....
9.gif

widget
Too funny!!!
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, come now. That is a perfectly good substitute for brass knuckles. One punch, and lights OUT.
2.gif
Keep that sucker! It''s a weapon!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mara,

Didn''t you recently buy a ring very similar to this on ebay? I think it was white gold and diamonds. A really pretty ring.

33.gif
Blod

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2006 9:22:44 PM
Author: widget

Here''s my ''tutti frutti'' ring....I just measured it...it''s 15mm!
That colorful lace ring looks fantastic! Perfect size & all.
2.gif

Re width: IMO 2cm width is just enough to hinder proper finger function, do they even make band rings that wide at all ? Probably not. 15mm is very much ok, especially if the jeweler was merciful enough to tapper the band in the back and the setting is that airy (a wide metal band leaves traces on my skin after a full day...). It takes almost a full size more than usual for the larger width, but why not.

The setting of the citrine is quite nice - it makes one wish it was smaller.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2006 8:27:24 PM
Author:BrownEyes

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post, but I think this would be a stunning right hand ring:

There are quite a few designer lines with multicolor 'lace' rings - including some 2k and under at Pearlmans's (perhaps 'Beverly K' ?).

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 8:38:22 PM
Author: FireGoddess
It''s not new - Diamondlil has one with a sapphire in wg I think. MA has the tricolor ribbon ring I''ve been swooning over for a long time now.
1-3.jpg
Yes, I have this ring with the sapphire instead of pink diamond. I do like the flower ring, but the tri-color ribbon ring is my all-time favorite. Every time the mention of it comes up on PS, my heart flips. I found that ribbon ring right AFTER I got my flower, and it has haunted me every since. Lordy, I am a NUT!!!!!

I like the 2-tone look of the one you pictured, FG. There are soooo many more choices of this style band these days. Firenze has many of them -- Simon G and Natalie K are my favorites. Quite a few are on sale too, if anyone is interested.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 8:42:26 PM
those rings are so pretty, i love the sapphire one like lil has too.

mrs jam auctioned the sapphire and white gold/diamond one off on ebay, remember i posted about it? it went for something like $750! but it was too small for my finger! DAMN!
I remember that too, Mara. Mrs. Jam''s ring was small I remember. So sad to let it go for so little.

My flower ring is a size 6. I can sell that and upgrade to the ribbon . . . . heavy sigh . . . . the obsession never ends.
2.gif

What happened to the fun/wide ring you got on eBay recently?

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondLil,

Are you unhappy with the flower ring? I think it is much prettier than the ribbon! But you should do whatever makes you happy of course.
1.gif
FWIW I think there is a QVC thread around here (in the Shopping forum) that had a ring similar to the ribbon ring, faux of course, but also incorporating the tri-color gold ans similar style. It was from HSN. Maybe you could try that out for a while and see if you really want the ribbon.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interestingly, in designer's pictures I prefer the ribbon ring, but on the hand, I prefer the other (flower) one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the mrs jam and diamond lil flower rings better than the ribbon ring but on the hand i think neither would work for me unfortunately!!

the ebay ring that i got (good memory blod and DL) is still beautiful and sparkly and is still being worn on and off but i realized that maybe i am just not a RHR person? i know, sacrilege, but this is the 2nd ring i have gotten that i just CANNOT put on daily like i put on my e-ring and w-ring set. i wear it maybe once a week. i keep thinking if i get the RIGHT ring then i will want to wear it daily but i dont know if that is the case either. so maybe i should stop drooling over everyone''s RHR''s and think about getting a bigger pendant or something that i know i DO wear daily. but i still love some of those wide firenze bands i do admit!! i don''t know if i just can''t get used to having a ring on that hand or what. but it ends up bothering me so i take it off partway through the day.
15.gif

i need a brain rewiring to want to wear a RHR daily. along with the finger stretch and lipo of course.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I''m with you on right hand rings. I keep thinking I''ll wear them but they drive me nuts! As it is now, I switch between my yellow gold wedding ring or my white gold 3-stone ring with my 3 pointers anniversary ring on my left hand. Every time I see another ring that I want I have to stop and tell myself "but you won''t wear it!"

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding, Mara? I need a brain rewiring to stop obsessing about jewelry altogether!!!!!!!
9.gif

Sarita, I am not unhappy with my flower ring, but I really like 2-tone and tri-color jewelry a lot and would love to have a yellow and/or pink diamond. The ribbon ring has it all in one. Shortly after I got the flower ring, I thought about having the sapphire taken out and a yellow diamond set instead. That was going to cost a few bucks, so I never followed through with that idea -- or even if that is possible to do. Maybe that is something I should consider again. That would make my flower look like a daisy which would be so pretty I think. Okay, you can be HONEST, is that silly?
33.gif

Thanks for everyone''s compliments on the flower ring. That does help settle the obsession quite a bit.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the SG with a yellow diamond set in all white gold. I can''t explain why, but I think it looks better than the sapphire.

At least I can admit my warped thinking here at PS where all my friends will understand.

simonGflowerwithyellowdiamond.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam has the same ring as DiamondLil

akljfdklajd.jpg

simong2434243.jpg

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
OMG! That ring is GORGEOUS!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results