shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible V-day outfit. Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I wish we had a Nordstrom or Bloomingdales or Saks or any other major store like that. I did check all my local stores and there was nothing in the dress dept. I can probably find a decent costume jewelry necklace to match the other dress.

Mara--Thanks for the ideas. I like the brown long sleeve dress. Love the idea of a bright shawl too. I''d definitely try that one...if only I could fit in a size 4 (only size available). The halter style isn''t generally the best on my bust-line.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
How about this one? Would it work with black boots? I''m not sure about it being below the knee length.

MaggieLondonDress.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Knee-length would definitely keep you a little warmer.

What about these dresses. Both are from Nordstrom. Instead of green I''d go black though...

65138.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

148133.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
sunkist..I like those dresses..especially the 2nd one...not in green though.

What about this?

MaggieLondon2.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
oooh, ya i like the pattern on that one! It is it fitted or loose? It looks like it might be kinda baggy, but then I''ve seen dresses like that and tried them on and they ended up being fitted!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
The reviews on HSN say it is fitted. It''s only $40 so I think I will try it.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
BTW, victoria''s secret has some for $69.00...but never got clothes there before...

And you have plenty of time to buy a dress and it it''s not fitted enough for you below the waste, it can be tailored very cheaply. I''m the queen of buying something but tailoring it to make it exactly what I want...works every time ;-)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Island, Have you looked at Anne Taylor? They''re having a big sale right now.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
here''s a few cute dresses. Not too expensive.

link

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got dress number 2--the black one with the khaki print and I think it will work. It is very form fitting on the top. The bottom is more a fit and flare. It''s a little longer than I would prefer--about 2 inches below my knees. I''m thinking of hemming it up to the middle of my knee-cap. Does that make sense?

It looks cute with boots and will keep me warm.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually think that dresses just under the knee are sometimes more flattering in that they can make you look taller depending on your choice of footwear. But I can''t remember how tall you are...if you are shorter, you may want to get it hemmed a bit so that they can see more of the boots rather than more dress.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m shorter than you Mara--only 5''4". Right now the dress is over my boots by about an inch. I''m thinking showing a sliver of skin would look better and make me seem taller.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results