shape
carat
color
clarity

Guilty of after Christmas splurging!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
A few of you may have read about how choked I was that my husband really did a bad job on Christmas this year! Well, I''ve officially made up for it as of today! Now, I''m banned from shopping!

I got the Sharper Image Ultrasonic Cleaner, a new Movado watch, a new Coach bag, and a new Computer! Well, the computer is for the whole family...

So, I feel so much better!
emteeth.gif

I got this bag, but in Chocolate brown! Sooooo cute!

coach.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you Tawn, great bag. I bet there are many here that do a little splurging after Christmas. I am so glad you got the UC, do you love it?? I use mine everyday!!!
3.gif
ETA: You have to post pics of the Movado watch too missy.
11.gif
31.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
And, this Movado watch! Really comfy...

I know it''s horrible that new things make me feel better, but they just do!!
emwink.gif

It''s funny, because it''s only been in the last couple of years that I''ve done any splurging on myself! I never used to, everything was all about our family needs. I think it was my mom who really started encouraging me to take some time and to start doing some nice things for myself. Living in Southern California really makes you conscious of how you dress and how well you take care of yourself as well. I''m still a jeans, ponytail and flip flop kind of girl, but I really enjoy having a few nicer things to spiff me up a little!

Newmwatch.jpg

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 11:25:22 PM
Author: kaleigh
Good for you Tawn, great bag. I bet there are many here that do a little splurging after Christmas. I am so glad you got the UC, do you love it?? I use mine everyday!!!
3.gif
ETA: You have to post pics of the Movado watch too missy.
11.gif
31.gif
I love the US. I''m so glad I listened to you guys and got it! I was just about to dig out some old jewelry that I haven''t worn for years and see how it comes out! I''m still messing around with what cleaner works the best. I have orange Mr. Clean, but I find it''s a bit greasy...probably because of the orange? Mostly I''ve been using sudsy amonia with a little bit of detergent and some rubbing alcohol. I''m going to try some warm vinegar one of these days. That''s what people run through their coffee pots to get rid of all the gunk...so it might just work!

I had to have a zillion links taken out of the watch (okay, it was only 3-4) because it was sooo big! But, it''s super comfy and I love it for casual everyday wear! My Bulova was a bit dressy for everyday, it sort of looks like the Cartier tank watch.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go Tawn!! Sounds like you had fun with your spree...and your finds are fabulous!

I use the Lemon Mr. Clean and love it, I haven''t had problems with it being too greasy but after the rings are cleaned they do leave a film on top of the water, ick!!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
This made me laugh and cringe. Good for you. I think many of us are guilty of splurging. You just admit it
2.gif

Oddly enough, I do most of the spending in our household. In addition to the Crest industrial ultrasonic, I ended ordering two custom made suits and bunch of shirts and ties. On the same credit card bill was our upcoming vacation to Club Med. This is right after the December Christmas CC bill. Yikes!
23.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t feel so bad...I was out doing some foundation garment shopping and super splurged on a gorgeous Kenneth Cole bag in chocolate brown with studs. Its a single handle hobo style that has like the perfect amount of pockets for my keys, my cell, my sunglasses, mints, etc. Yes, it was a quite a bit more than I should have spent at $300+ but I use my handbags forever if they are well made. I get trendy ones for summer once in a while, but I rotate my finer handbags and use them pretty regular.

I wanted to valiate it as an early, EARLY birthday present, but my birthday is in March and I couldn''t wait to use it...oh well...With all the buying of this and that for my son''s upcoming wedding and stuff for my anniversary trip, I was weak...
emembarrassed.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only larger purchase I made after Christmas was an ivory J.Crew coat (see the shopping category) and by God it didn''t fit and I had to return it! Just my luck! Kind of taught me a lesson though (personally), I had to turn around and pay back some CC debt after that! Oh well, no hard feelings
face12.gif
. I''ve set my mind toward future spring purchases (such as their yummy new espadrilles!)

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 5:39:43 PM
Author: DeannaBana
Don''t feel so bad...I was out doing some foundation garment shopping and super splurged on a gorgeous Kenneth Cole bag in chocolate brown with studs. Its a single handle hobo style that has like the perfect amount of pockets for my keys, my cell, my sunglasses, mints, etc. Yes, it was a quite a bit more than I should have spent at $300+ but I use my handbags forever if they are well made. I get trendy ones for summer once in a while, but I rotate my finer handbags and use them pretty regular.

I wanted to valiate it as an early, EARLY birthday present, but my birthday is in March and I couldn''t wait to use it...oh well...With all the buying of this and that for my son''s upcoming wedding and stuff for my anniversary trip, I was weak...
emembarrassed.gif
MMMM...Kenneth Cole!!

I have several Kenneth Cole bags and a wallet, and love them all! They''re always so cute and don''t have too much stuff going on, actually I like most of his stuff because it''s not very frilly! I have some shoes too, but they kill my feet and I''m about 6''2" when I wear them! My husband is 6ft tall, and I''m almost 5''10, so any high heels make me as tall or taller! He doesn''t care, although I''ve had boyfriends who did mind!

I''ve been looking for a nice chocolate brown bag for a long time, and the one from Coach is just the perfect size and it''s so darn cute! I got it at the factory store, so it was a teeny bit cheaper than reg price ($30 less). But the one with the shorter strap (which I wanted) was $20 more than the one with the long strap??? Oh well...it will last forever, and I got the conditioner and cleaner for only $5 on special!

I hardly ever charge things, but I did with the purse because I didn''t want my husband to see how much I paid for it!

emotion-16.gif
He thinks anything over $50 is silly for a handbag, yet he''ll buy some little teeny accessory for the motocycle and it will cost $100.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results