shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band- 2 Choices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Which wedding band should I choose?
My e-ring is a shared prong, 12 ACA melee, 3 points each .36ctw
It looks like the engagement ring in the Option #1

1. Matching Shared prong wedding band with 13 ACA melee, 3 points each to match perfectly with the e-ring, .39ctw

2. WF's 7 stone band: Shared prong diamond with 7 A Cut Above melee approx. 0.35ctw : With 3mm

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
#1 This is what my set would look like if I chose this wedding band.

WhiteflashSabreDanceRing1234.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock

SevenStoneWFBand2.jpg

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Im a sucker for matchy matchy wedding sets, so i would go for the one that matches perfectly.
9.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I''m not as much of a matchy matchy sucker, but I agree with PunchNPie.
1.gif
I think that your engagement ring next to the WF ring would just be too similar to look "right" since they don''t match. I think it would probably look like you were trying to match them but couldn''t quite. Although of course I haven''t seen them next to each other so that might be completely untrue.
5.gif

On the other hand, I think a plain platinum band would also look gorgeous next to your engagement ring! But I think if you''re going to go with a semi-matchy look you might as well go all out with the matchy-ness.
4.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I like the 3 pointers so the two rings match.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Jelly -- I would go for the matching band (option #1) because I like the matchy-matchy look.

However, here''s an idea of what it would look like with a plain band. This was my setting before I changed it.

sharedprongandplainband.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s almost what your option #2 would look like. The stones in the eternity band are bigger than the stones in the e-ring setting (4 pointers vs 2 pointers).

sharedprongandeternity.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m a matchy matchy person too so I agree with the others!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is Luckyhonu''s set

ering has 8 .03 stones
band has 10 .03 stones (ofcourse we''re talking about a size 2.25 ring)

WFeringwring.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s Lynn B''s set
I think she has .03 in the ering and .05 in the band

MyCollage1ab.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have matchy matchy because my ering has 3 pointers and w-ring has 2 pointers but you can''t really see a visual difference all that well unless you are up close.

However I say go with the matching because I think mentally if you do like that look, it is just easier on you!!

That said, think about the fact that your w-ring may spin and you may see plain metal areas, a few gals on here have gotten 1/2 around rings to match their 1/2 around e-ring and have been unhappy with it in the past...and turned eternity. So just be sure to think about that, with the e-ring it doesn''t seem as big of a deal since the big stone stops the ring from turning before you can right it, but with a flatter band, it may be harder. So also with 13 stones you''d probably have less metal exposed than with 7? Maybe another reason to go 13.

Good luck!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1 also. I like when the w-band is the same width or smaller than the e-ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love #1. It will go better with your ering I think.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #1 too so it will match your e-ring perfectly.
face23.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
#1. I think the second one will look like you tried to match the e-ring, but only came close (as someone else mentioned too!). You better just get the matching ring if these are you two options.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like matching, so I vote #1!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #1. I think that will be beautiful!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I like #1. You can ''t go wrong with a matching wedding set!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In many cases I''m a big non-matchy fan (my original e-ring and my wedding band don''t really match, big gap in between), but whenever there is more than 1 row of diamonds involved, I really think they need to match. Otherwise it just looks off.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your input everyone! I just got back from the post office where I shipped off my new diamond and my old diamond/setting back to HOUSTON, TEXAS! Hopefully Whiteflash will be getting my ring in a few days. Registered, insured mail is a pain in the butt. My fiance and I were in the post office trying to seal all the corners and edges with brown tape that had to be moistened...ugh a mess! The post office was busier than it was at X-mas time...I was getting stressed just standing in line!

Once they receive my ring, they will give me a quote for my half eternity wedding band. I really liked the 7 stone band, and it seemed like it would be less expensive than going the custom route for the half eternity band. We''ll see in a few days when I hear back from Lesley.

Thanks again for your advice!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
I vote #1

but I like 7 stone too. when you don''t wear E-ring
the 7stone it self is must be simple beauty!
30.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Go with the matching band because even without seeing them together, you know they''re going to match and look fab. Hubby and I bought the matching eternity set from WF in with 0.03 melee and it was a perfect choice. I''ve received so many compliments from people re the fact they''re so well matched and many ask if it''s one ring. You won''t regret your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results