shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying E-rings online or Store?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrisam143

Rough_Rock
Has anyone bought from dimend SCAASI?

For those that bought a ring online, what are the pros and cons?

I am leaning more towards a store, like Robbins Bros because they offer lifetime warrenty and trade-in. Do online jewlers offer that? I can't seem to find one that does.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Run a search for Scassi and you should find the couple of recent buyers'' report about them. You could also PM the posters if the info already there is not precisely what you would need.

About return and trade-in - many sellers offer that. At least those posting here do. try White Flash and others.

With jewelry, the greatest lifetime warranty is good quality and price to begin with - otherwise, the warranty is as good as the fine print (do they really cover the expensive damage - as loss of large diamonds ? a polish and resizing are inexpensive anyway) and lasts as long as the shop does
7.gif

Anyway - if the extra perks mean something, make sure there is no trade off between those and the quality of the actual piece. It happens.

My 2c

RaeAnn

Rough_Rock
My e-ring and custom-made wedding band were both bought from Jim Allen (www.jamesallen.com, the company used to be Dirt Cheap Diamonds). We had an incredible experience working with Jim, we found the stone we wanted, sent him a picture of the setting that we wanted, and he found it for us (Danhov, a LA designer). A year and a half later, we called Jim again because we couldn''t find the right wedding band to go with my e-ring and Jim went back to Danhov and had one custom-made for us for about half the price of our local jeweler.

We always had the option to return each piece for a full refund within 10 days if we weren''t satisfied with any part of the purchase, even if we just didn''t like how it looked. In that 10 days, there''s plenty of time for an appraisal to verify that the stones promised are the stones delivered. He may or may not have a buy-back for upgrades later on, but we were able to get a break on the wedding band because we had worked with Jim before. To really find out what benefits there are to working with an online jeweler, you may need to call a few and talk to them directly (rather than just looking at the website).

A store is nice for when you need resizing, polishing, and inspections, but the online guys can often get you a larger selection and better prices.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
chrisam143, you could try showing a picture of the one from SCAASI and ask Robbins (or another store with a good warranty) if they could get you one like it. Sometimes stores have catalogs you can look thru. If they had one like it, maybe you could have them get it in and try it on? Just an idea.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. upon reading the other two posts before mine, I must admit, I agree with them. You can probably do better with the online vendors, despite the supposed perks at Robbins or other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results