shape
carat
color
clarity

Split-prong Setting (Asscher) Possible As Part of Wedding Set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockcandy

Rough_Rock
EDITED BECAUSE I MEANT SPLIT SHANK, NOT SPLIT PRONG!

I *love* the split shank settings and am seriously considering one for my asscher, but I've never seen a split-shank setting as part of a wedding set-- and I'd really like to wear my e-ring and wedding band together and have them look pretty and matched and sit close together.

I'm hoping you guys can help me find a solution!

Thanks in advance.

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
I love the split prong look as well, but it's hard to find a set that sits flush unless you have a curved wedding band. I have also seen one small eternity band on either side of these sets, but there is definitely a gap there...
Hopefully someone else out there has some other suggestions, but those are the main two options I've seen.
I have pretty much given up on the split prong myself due to this problem since I'm not big on the curved wedding band.
Anyway, good luck!

ETA: Oops...I thought you meant split shank as well, and that's what I was talking about!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ascher-aascher-good-to-great.35114/

RA.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
like this:
RA-2.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean split shank?

rockcandy

Rough_Rock
My bad, I did mean split shank (although that split prong setting is very pretty!)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My friend has a split shank round with a band that sits flush. The key in her case is that while the shank is split, they are still right by eachother (no space). it is really beautiful, sort of antiquey style. It has some sidestones too. Her stone is about 3/4 carat so the band is not super wide. However most of the ones I''ve seen on pricescope have a lot of space between the split shank and a larger stone. I wish I had a picture of my friend''s, it is really one of the nicest I''ve seen.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
That is Mrssalvo''s dream setting and there is a picture of it in THIS THREAD. I believe she has said that it is a Daniel K setting. Okay, I read up more and it''s a cushion cut stone, but it''s not inconceivable that they would have a split shank for an asscher. I looked on the Daniel K site and only find the one split shank for a round, but if it exists for the cushion and not listed on their site, it could exist for the asscher and not be listed on their site. Good luck with the search, sorry I could not be of more help.

I wish you well,

Bridget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Split shank wedding set special over at this thread ...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/breakfast-at-pearlmans-pics-included.37968/

Here's a preview though, 'cause I'm not CRUEL!!!

ETA: later in the thread there are pix of this same setting with an Asscher!!!!

danielksplitset1.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I know that Daniel K makes a split shank (with pave'') setting with both Asschers and Cushions. Here are a couple of links that may help. In the first link, you have to scroll down the thread a little before you can see the pics
of the Daniel K cushion in a split shank setting. It also has a matching band...

Breakfast at Pearlman''s (Daniel K Cushion)

Daniel K Split Crown Asscher

~~I''ll try to find some more links for you, btw thanks for the preveiw deco!!
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Damn it deco, now I''m drooling again. I LOOOOVE MrsS''s future upgrade!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, seeing those pics of "my" ring, so not helping the torture in the wait
2.gif

Here's the daniel K split crown with and asscher

03TT13.jpg

here's the split shank with an cushion

02TT13.jpg

Here is diamondlil's pear split shank with a wedding band...she had here's made custom so they would fit flush...original thread

DCP_2124s2.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a side view so you can see how the wedding band sits pretty flush

pearlmansdanielkcush2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore that set, Yummm.
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Here is a link to someone here on p-scope who actually has the Daniel K split crown setting with an Asscher...

Daniel K Split Crown Asscher

~Hope that helps!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results