shape
carat
color
clarity

Those that want e-cut, but worried about w-band fitting flush!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
My friend ordered a set from flushfit.com (Precision Set), and apparently, its GORGEOUS! His gf really wanted an emerald cut stone, but wanted to wear both rings on one hand. I haven''t seen the set (he''s in CA, I''m in NY!), but he has nothing but praise for the company and the workmanship.

Here''s the link to the site:
http://www.precisionset.com/engagement1.html

And here''s some pics from the site!

ff1.jpg

ff3.jpg

ff30.jpg

ff33.jpg

ff73.jpg

I love the ovals in this pic!
prong.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
As small as it is, my avatar is actually a Precision Set Asscher and band.

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Any hand pics? I would love to see some real pics of these rings as I have admired their website. I love the idea of ECs but have had a really hard time finding any that would sit flush with a w-ring.
Does anyone on PS have a whole set from Precision set they could share?
Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2006 2:28:05 PM
Author: GGLW
Any hand pics? I would love to see some real pics of these rings as I have admired their website. I love the idea of ECs but have had a really hard time finding any that would sit flush with a w-ring.

Thanks!

I have an EC in a tacori setting and bands sit flush with mine. Maybe mine is just set higher than everyone else's.

ETA: Mine also has a wider band so the prongs are only at a slight angle. That probably helps too.

Tacori-e-ring_side view 112.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a PrecisionSet ering mounting but don''t have the band that goes with it. The ering does sit flush though with every band I have ever tried on.

I was able to meet the owner of PrecisionSet at a recent trunk show. Very nice - I enjoyed chatting with him!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2006 4:20:06 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 1/17/2006 2:28:05 PM
Author: GGLW

Thanks!

I have an EC in a tacori setting and bands sit flush with mine. Maybe mine is just set higher than everyone else''s.

ETA: Mine also has a wider band so the prongs are only at a slight angle. That probably helps too.
Tacori, I am wondering if the wide band on your e-ring is what is helping the situation here. The only EC rings I''ve tried that sit flush have had bands as wide as the stone is tall if that makes sense. While I do like the look, I have short fingers and a wider band tends to look funny on my finger. I am thinking about maybe doing an east-west style EC ring so the band wouldn''t have to be as wide, but haven''t found any settings I love yet. In any case, I do love your ring. It''s beautiful!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
GGLW,

Have you considered a non-basket setting? ECs are typically set in them for some reason but mine is not (simple 4-prong "tiffany" solitaire). The notches of the prongs at the bottom stick out a teeny bit - but it''s practically negligible - and bands fit pretty flush next to it. I''m wondering if a cathedral setting (which I love) would do the trick too. I think if you avoid baskets or other low-set stones you should be okay.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Edit= oops..double post. Sorry!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
GGLW- Thank you. My EC IS still wider than my setting. Probably it hangs over a little more than 1 mm on each side. I really think it is a combination with the height. I always thought I would want a thinner band (to make the diamond look bigger of course) but I feel in love with this setting and love sees no logic. I have pretty small hands also (I am only 5''1") with a ring size of 4 1/3-4 1/2 so unless you have tried on wider bands don''t rule them out. Here is my e-ring with a 2mm band on each side so you can see how they sit with my setting.

Tacori-e-ring-w-2mm-wg-band.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another view.

Tacori Side-view-w-2mm-bands.jpg

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for your great suggestions. Maybe a cathedral would do the trick or just the non-basket EC. I am also hoping for it to not be set too high because I can be kinda klutzy...I will just have to keep looking. Going this weekend to look at settings so hopefully someone will have something I can try. The hardest part is that ECs are not that common and most jewelers I''ve been to don''t have a very good variety of EC settings to try on or even EC stones to look at. I am torn between a round brillant and an EC, mostly because even though I love the sophisticated look of the EC, the are just such a pain to find and I haven''t been able to try on any settings that would sit flush with a band.
Keep your fingers crossed!!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Tacori,
how wide is your e-ring to begin with?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2006 1:23:38 PM
Author: beanie
Tacori,

how wide is your e-ring to begin with?

If I am measuring right
19.gif
My setting is the widest where the sapphires are at around 6 mm. 5mm at the diamonds (row of round, channel princess, row of round), It tapers down to 3 mm (on the underside for comfort I guess) My stone is around 8 mm long. I would have to look on the appraisal for the exact measurement. HTH.

ETA: My ring sits around 7 mm off my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results