shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me build a ring for the 1 I love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brum

Rough_Rock

Help!

I gotta make a decision regarding a custom made e-ring very soon.

I’ve placed a deposit with a reputable jeweler, here in Singapore.

The guy, so far, has been very helpful, but I wonder if I could ask you guys and girls for your personal opinion.

The ring is US4, half melee (.035) H&A’s, of which there are 5-6 a side. The melee’s are set in 4 prongs rather than shared.

The centre stone is a 60 pointer and held low in the ring, so low that there’s a break in the melees and setting design to accommodate for a 1mm (square cross-section) pair of u-prongs.

The ring band width is 2.25-2.3mm. Knowing that a 0.60 ct is around 5.5 mm diameter, do you think I should stick with this width or drop down to 2mm?

The ring band depth is 1.7-1.8 mm. about a 1mm internal band will continue around the entire circumference.

The u-prong low point will fall to this band. At this point the prong/band width will be about 3.75 mm, spreading out to accommodate the stone at around the 5 mm mark.

If you can picture this, god knows it ain’t easy, do you think the dimensions will suit the stone, US4 size?

Bare in mind that my lady weighs in at only 42kg and is 5.ft 1 yet has lovely long slender fingers!

I promise that I’ll post a picture, but our sketches, at present, probably won’t help you much!

Cheers!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too have a small ring size. I would have them drop it down to 2mm but not any smaller. The difference betweeen 2 and 2.2 is very tiny but I like thin and if they can do 2 mm then i''d go for it.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''d actually go for a 3.5mm. Having it slightly wider than the band will help make the center stone the focal point. If it''s just a tiny bit larger than the band, it may look like a design error.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This sounded like Jelly''s ring in terms of stone sizes, I agree with Mrs Salvo and think the 2mm mark for the stones would be nice with a 5.5 mm stone.
Jelly''s Thread
For a visual size comparision:
SSUGANO2.jpg

ringforweb.jpg
ringforweb2.jpg

brum

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks for your replys.

Matatora-funny you should say that, I was only looking at jelly''s dimensions last night!
Her stone is of a stlightly smaller diameter, so I wonder if the ring needs to be reduced on width, as I think the step between the stone and the band will be about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results