shape
carat
color
clarity

which watch do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Nice watch Lisa. I love that charcoal face!!! I was just telling my DH last month that I need to get another Tag since it has been 10 years since my last watch. I was thinking about the Kirium in an electric blue face and he was like NO WAY. Between the 2 of us, we have 9 Tag watches and we have to go and get our batteries changed and serviced a few times a year. DH hates driving like 25 miles just to get them serviced by his friend who is an authorized service person for Rolex. But now that I see your charcoal, I want that Kirium in charcoal.

Yeah, I do have a tiny wrist
7.gif
That''s why I wear my watches on my right wrist as they are slightly bigger. I had to put them on my left wrist this morning so that I can take the pics with my right hand. Due to this I can''t wear many watches. I would have loved to own a Tag in a leather strap but leather straps don''t fit my small wrist at all.

Monarch - Thanks for your compliments. On your question about quality, don''t worry. Just make sure that you get your watch serviced when you change the battery. On average, you will need to change your battery once every 2 to 2.5 years. Depends on how you wear your watch, some people do not take them off at all. I only take the Formula 1 swimming, diving or to the cottage. The rest of them hardly come into contact with water. So what I do is that I will change the battery once every 2 years, and once every 4 years, I will send the watch for a full service - it will go through a pressure/water test. I believe my service person changes the seal as well when I do the water test. I believe the pressure/water test and battery change will run you anywhere from $40 to $50.

Also, you should be able to get the watch between 30% to 35% off retail. Let us know what you decide on. You really can''t go wrong with any one of them. I am so excited for you. Please post pics after Valentine''s Day
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you both have been so informative, and I appreciate your help very, very much. It is so nice to be able to come to this site with questions and receive so much input.

Good to know about the service requirements. I don''t know if hubby realizes that there is more care involved with a more expensive watch. I''m sure our jeweler told him, but he gets so excited about these things and tends to leave "maintenance issues" up to me! No biggie, that''s why I love PS, because I can find out pretty much anything through this site.

I''m pretty careful with watches and not getting them wet--about three years ago I swam in the ocean with my cheapie Timex bracelet style that was supposed to be water resistant up to 100m, but I noticed as soon as I got back to the beach that it had stopped working. Ever since then I haven''t worn a watch in the shower or anywhere else it would come into contact with water. It''s not like I work around water or need to know the time while on vacation, so I don''t need to be wearing a watch in the water anyway!

One last question, and I promise it will be the last until I post pictures! Do you have your watches insured? Especially with your extensive collection, Jewels? I was wondering if hubby and I both have one, should we go ahead and put them on our homeowners along with my rings? Do you put all your jewelry on insurance, then? I have quite a few gold and sterling pieces as well, some of which I would have a hard time replacing out of pocket.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jewels! My watch face is actually blue but I do think the charcoal grey would be a lovely choice. I decided to get the automatic so I have not had it serviced and I can't remember if I got it before #2 son who will be 6 in May or after... Once you have kids I swear the brain cells die because of sleep deprivation!
I wear jeans pretty much everyday so it fits in with my stay at home mom lifestyle
1.gif

You have an amazing collection! thanks for sharing. You took really clear photos and your watches look fabulous- truly well taken care of - servicing definitely pays off.
Lisa
Monarch I hope Jewels answers the insurance question. I never really thought about doing it as I used to wear mine all the time except in the shower.
And I think my sister only ever serviced hers once for the seal problem. Nothing has gone wrong so far with mine and if it stops because I haven't worn it for a few days once I correct the time and wear it for a while it's fine.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Monarch - Don't feel bad about asking questions, that's what this forum is for. I have to admit I do know more on Tag watches than I do on diamonds
9.gif

As for insurance, it all depends on what you want and feel. I wear most all my diamond pieces everyday and they are not that expensive. I keep the more expensive and substantial jewelry in the bank's vault. I do keep my watches in a save place at home. Due to these reasons, I do not have a separate insurance policy for my jewelry and watches. I did some research once on getting them a separate insurance policy and the premiums are so ridicules that I decided not to go with it. So now my jewelry and watches are only covered as "part of" my home insurance package and the coverage is not great, it will only cover a small amount if my jewelry or watches ever get damaged or lost. So I decided that I would live with it.

Sounds like you and me do not let our watches come into contact with water, with the exception of my F1. I do abuse my F1 because that's my least expensive Tag and I do quite a bit of water sports. But trust me; take your Tag for a full service once every 4 to 5 years. That means you can change your battery without the full service once, and the next time when the battery needs changing, bring it in for the full service. Have the water/pressure test done and ask to see if the seal needs changing. A friend of mine, who wears his Tag 24-7 and didn't service his Tag within the first few years, had a major problem with it. His Tag was literally flooded one day and most of the machanism needs to be replaced. I think he had to pay a few hundred bucks to get the problem fixed.

Also, make sure you bring it to an authorized Tag service centre or someone who knows how to service a Tag, to have your watch serviced. As for the battery change on the 6000 series, just be careful. I can tell you most of the stores who can change a battery on any other Tag, many have a problem changing the battery on the 6000 series. Many of them do not know how to open that watch. I know this sounds funny but that watch has a design that is different than any other Tag. All in all, try to bring it to an authorized Tag service centre. It's worth the extra dollars. I am so glad that DH met and became friends with this service guy a few years back, now I don't have to worry about the servicing part of it and he charges us close to nothing for his services.

Lisa - Have to say I love your watch. That deep blue is different than the electric blue face that I have seen on Kirium. Yours look like a cross between a blue and charcoal. Just lovely. I can picture myself wearing that watch in blue jeans, just yummy. Since my 6000 has a more formal look due to the gold face and bracelet, I only to wear it to work occasionally, or to a more formal event. So, I mostly wear my 2000 series to the office or with jeans on the weekend. Oh, on your comment on kids, I can certainly relate. I used to be able to remember exactly how much I paid for each of my Tag but now I vaguely remember how much I paid for them and I only have one kid. I think it has to do with aging in addition to motherhood

33.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jewels!
Oh and shh about the aging thing! It''s the kids I tell ya! the kids!
Lisa
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results