shape
carat
color
clarity

finally ordered my ivory coat!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoo hoo! I finally ordered an ivory coat from J. Crew! It''s only taken me since November. They actually went on sale again last week and I had a coupon for free shipping so I figured that was a sign that I was supposed to buy it. (Thought I might get it for Christmas, but no dice.) I had actually come to terms with the fact that I may have had to wait until next year to buy one, but lo and behold J. Crew came through in the end.
emteeth.gif

ivory coat.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY. I am a total procrastinator too...hee hee...how awesome you got it on sale, still in your size and with a free ship coupon too!! BTW love the new avatar.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it and also love you got in on sale and a free shipping coupon too boot!! Awesome coat. And I too love your new avatar. Very pretty.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara and Kaleigh! I thought the sparkly butterfly was quite fitting for this forum!
face23.gif

I guess the coat was just meant to be...I''m terrible about wanting to make (what I consider) a big purchase and then spending the money on a dozen piddly things instead of one big thing, so that''s why it took me so long, but I''m glad I waited! I''m sure this weekend J.Crew will send out an email advertising like 40% off sale items and I will kick myself, but they sell out of middle sizes really fast so I''ve learned I just can''t wait when things go on sale. Now I''m going to get all excited next fall to find the perfect scarf, gloves, and hat to go with my coat! I may wear it a few times this winter, but it''s getting to be mucky weather time and I don''t want it to spend more time at the dry cleaner''s than in my coat closet! (or on my body!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love winter white! I bet that coat will be very snazzy looking - love the tailored look. My son''s girlfriend recently bought a similar coat and paired it with a deep wine scarf - tres chic! The contrast was very pretty - but of course you could choose just about any color under the sun.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love winter white too! Especially since that movie J.Lo did with Matthew McCauna-however you spell his last name! I can''t remember the name of it, but she wore an ivory coat and pants ensemble with (Ithink) an ivory hat and was to die for, IMO! I think it''s such a classic look, and it''s the one color coat besides camel (which I have in full length) that goes with everything, black, navy, brown, etc. There are just endless options for accessories, as well! Thanks for your responses! I''m giddy just waiting for this coat to arrive...I haven''t even tried on this coat in the store!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I absolutely LOVED that coat the JL had on in the Wedding Planner in the opening scene! I wanted to find it SO badly...it was such a beautiful coat.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember that coat well. I loved that movie. Did you know that Pete Sampras saw the film and wanted to meet Bridgete (SP), who was Mathews fiancee in that movie. He met her and they fell in love. Now they have 2 kids and are happily married.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny Kaleigh, I thought they were already married at the time...but I didn''t really know for sure. I actually love Bridgette Wilson (Sampras), she''s so pretty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what I read anyways. Yes she is lovely!!!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I have a winter white pea coat from Banana Republic that is actually quite similar to yours (only shorter). I absolutely ADORE it, and it looks especially nice with a Burberry plaid scarf (and hat or cap, if you''re lucky enough to have one - - which I''m not!).

Just a thought!

Wear it in good health ...
4.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I love all things J Crew ... including their small leather accessories and especially their blue jeans!

J Crew is the only place I could find a leather carrying case for my iRiver mp3 player - all the other cases out there are made for the iPod ...

AND, my absolute FAVORITE wardrobe item right now is my pair of J Crew embroidered jeans (with the embroidered peacock & flower running up each thigh)... when those jeans went on-sale after Christmas I actually splurged on a 2nd pair!

Finally, the J Crew Jane leather satchel is just adorable - - last season I bought one to match a pair of J Crew plaid pants.

The coat is stunning and I hope it''s everything you expect it to be! (Remember my thought about pairing it with Burberry!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the jeans at JCrew, they are the best I''ve ever worn. They are on sale right now online.
2.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod71759631&_requestid=72476

We should probably start a separate thread for J Crew jeans, but above is the link for the embroidered jeans I was describing ...

These are admittedly expensive, but IMO they are were worth every penny. Without a doubt they are the most comfortable jeans I own, and they wash like a dream (inside-out in cold water) ... I get SO many compliments on them!

Better yet, since I purchased these jeans on-line with some other Xmas stuff using my J Crew account , I received 2 $100 gift certificates from J Crew based on the total amount spent. So that''s kind of like getting the jeans for free (isn''t it???)
28.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, the Wedding Planner, that''s it! Holy cow, I had no idea Pete Sampras married her. She is really beautiful, she''s been in so many movies too.

I like the idea of the Burberry scarf and hat, Browneyes! I think they will have to wait until next Christmas, though...that''s probably not something I would buy for myself unfortunately. Whoa, I just checked them out online and uh, the coat was only $200 plus tax, so maybe I won''t be buying a $250 scarf to go with it, let alone a hat! LOL! Of course, I WOULD have it for years and years, and obviously it won''t be going out of style....

Dear Santa:

Do you do raises?

emotion-5.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo, you are killing me here Browneyes!
face21.gif
emwink.gif
Very entertaining!!! Unfortunately I don''t have a lot of experience with either Burberry or eBay, so I don''t think I would know authentic from fake anyway. I''m about 15 minutes from a Burberry store, though, so maybe I will go in and take a peek sometime soon. Meanwhile, I will await the arrival of my coat and make sure it fits before I jump the gun on any accessories for it!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
It''s really a BEAUTIFUL coat! Sure to make the cold winter weather more bearable ...

Enjoy it!

BrownEyes
4.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. I love that coat. I personally wear all dark colors. Not necessarily just bec I think they look good on me, but because I have this issue with missing my mouth when eating or drinking. Id surely spill on that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, you are too funny! Unfortunately, I have the "hole in the lip" syndrome as well. I think I will have to Scotchguard this coat!!! Wait, can you Scotchguard wool/cashmere blends? Anybody? Anybody?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
YAY you got your coat! WOO! I have yet to wear mine since up until today it has been like 65 degrees in No Virginia! In January!

I have a burberry plaid scarf and it looks AWESOME next to the white coat!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PunchNPie, for crying out loud, isn''t it below 65 at night even? I''m so jealous that you have had such a mild winter! I ordered the thinsulate version of this coat and went one size larger than usual just for layering reasons! LOL

So are you ladies paying full price for these Burberry accessories, or do you all know something I don''t? I really can''t afford $250 for a scarf. Period. When I was in NYC this fall I did see a lot of street vendors with cashmere scarves for like $10 or something--is that your secret? Hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results