shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, need Advice In a setting Issue....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Roughdealer

Rough_Rock
Dear Ladys/Gents : I am a roughdealer , but a good friend of mine ask to me a question that''s beyond my serious advice. Shes a girl trhat received a small 0.25 loose diamond ( Round Brilliant Cut) like Christmasts present. She asked to me : " Hey , you''re involved in Diamonds, pls , suggest me a setting in which may I IMPROVE the small size of the stone , In which kind of setting may I Set the stone to make diamond looks Bigger?? " . I have not the right answer , pls , If someone could help me in solve this isuue, pls ,suggest me some designs/ideas. Thanks.
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
halo with blue 1mm blue sapphire.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
I agree with strmrdr, a halo setting will make it look bigger and sparkly.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a halo.

Or a really thin band with very discrete prongs.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
My first instinct was a halo as well: We have made a lot of these lately.

Then I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that she might want to set it simply, since it was a gift and she may not have a large budget for the setting. If she has further resources the idea of a colored stone halo is nice.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I would say a bezel set.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for a halo, and one with sapphires would really make it pop, as Storm suggested.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 8:27:38 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
How about this?
ROTFL.
2.gif

I would think a half bezel or a very fine four prong, perhaps one that even nips in just before it meets the head.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for halo. Then again I''m a sucker for halos!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for halo. However, I would not suggest a colored stone halo. I was considering that style, until I noticed that it didn''t do much to improve the appearance of stone size. I think the color formed such a discrete border around the center stone, that the diamond didn''t "grow" in good lighting. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I sometimes feel like I can''t really judge the size of well cut stones in good lighting since the sparkle makes the light bounce all over. With a colored border, it is always obvious what the dimensions of the stone are.

Munchkin

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Colored stone halo? I have never seen one of those but that sounds really cool.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I would say a halo with the diamond prong set just above it. I have seen that here on PS and it is quite nice...If her budget truly cannot handle the investment of even a modest halo, then cathedral set, but the halo is my vote as well...
emthup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results