shape
carat
color
clarity

TA DA...New Coussin LV!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys good to know. Was always curious about that. Our sales tax is 6%, so I would save a bit.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The parent company is Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy and they also sell champagne and other luxury goods. I buy from eluxury sometimes since I do not have a Louis Vuitton store nearby and occasionally they have free shipping promotions.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny Sundial, I never knew that!! They also sell TONS of other brands, I had no idea their list was so long:

http://www.eluxury.com/brands/home.jhtml;$sessionid$DHC0WWDIQLX1VLAUALJCFEQ?SectionID=6000http://www.eluxury.com/brands/home.jhtmlSectionID=6000

The interesting thing is that they didn't have ALL the LV bags that are on the LV site. So I wonder why they don't stock/sell all the LV bag styles if they are owned by LV.

ETA: WOW I just realized that the pochette is $250 now on eLux and I got mine 2 years ago in the store for $180! Stuff sure has gone up!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 9:23:08 PM
Author: Mara
How funny Sundial, I never knew that!! They also sell TONS of other brands, I had no idea their list was so long:

http://www.eluxury.com/brands/home.jhtml;$sessionid$DHC0WWDIQLX1VLAUALJCFEQ?SectionID=6000http://www.eluxury.com/brands/home.jhtmlSectionID=6000

The interesting thing is that they didn''t have ALL the LV bags that are on the LV site. So I wonder why they don''t stock/sell all the LV bag styles if they are owned by LV.

ETA: WOW I just realized that the pochette is $250 now on eLux and I got mine 2 years ago in the store for $180! Stuff sure has gone up!

Sorry to drag this thread back up Mara, but I just had to say that I love your bag! I actually considered buying this one when it first came out, but when I went to LV SF to try it on, it was too small on me.
8.gif
I''m now planning on getting the damier belem mm, below. It has 2 shoulder straps and is chubby like me! My excuse is I have an extra damier wallet lying around without a bag to match it, now I''ve got to justify the COST! Did you get your ludlow yet?

About the price increases and ELux stock, LV increase prices bi-annually by 30%. Isn''t that horrible? At least the SA''s call to tell you about 2 weeks before the increase takes effect. It''s a pretty effective way to make a quick sale, IMO. As for the Elux stock, they sell out regularily and need a couple of days to a week to re-stock, they sometimes will take special requests over their live chat or phone. I agree that it saves tax/gas to buy from ELux, but I really love just going to LV and seeing everything in person
21.gif

belem mm.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a cute bag CF!!

no I haven't gotten the wallet yet but I should soon, I've been swamped buying other things like fall clothes and researching a new entertainment unit for our family room, hehee. so many items, so little time!
31.gif

i saw the CUTEST LV the other day at a restaurant but haven't had time to look for it on their site or eLux...it seemed like a more modern bag..a style I hadn't seen before with the long thicker leather straps, two of them, shoulder bag, and then the straps come down to what is kind of like an open rectangular boxish purse but the canvas was soft, not structured, it didn't look like there was a zipper or anything to close it, it was pretty simple, and the straps connected to the purse with kind of a buckle i want to say. it was very kenneth coleish but in an LV print. i have no idea re: authenticity but it was very cute!!

Oh and also YES what a drag re: the 30%. I had no idea. That could be a good time to buy a few of them on the store and then you could sell them on eBay a few weeks later after the price hike. LV retains so much of it's value that you could discount them from the store price and probably still make a profit. Hmmm..gotta fund this addiction somehow, I have to start getting creative.
11.gif
Or you could sell them to your friends who didn't know about the price hike! Hehehe.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I know what you mean, girl! With me, it''s soooo many items on my list, so little time, and since holiday season is coming around...so little funds.
3.gif
I would love to sell my bags on ebay, I just don''t have anytime to deal with all the questions people send. Half the questions are from gawkers who tell me my bags are fake.
29.gif
I like the way you think, we should sell them to friends and family for a profit, hehe.
1.gif

Was this the bag you saw? This is the only one I could think of that fit the description and was soft looking. It''s called the Batignolles Vertical and is $750, I think that''s quite a reasonable price for something so cute, functional and long-lasting. I would get this one, but I really "need" a damier bag. Hopefully you''ll get your wallet soon, I''m super-excited for you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no it''s not that Batignolles one...it looks kind of like the Vavin PM but it''s longer and a little shorter...but with that same open bag feel..longer straps though. I didn''t see it at all on eLux. But then again I didn''t find my Coussin on eLux either...I''ll have to check out the LV site.

oh and i came across this....haha too cute, i had to post it since that is a little Portia dog. but P wouldn''t fit so well in that carrier thing, she''s 16 lbs. that''s kind of heavy for a carrier?!?!

p10021876_ph_hero.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found this on the LV site. This is the Batignolles Horizontal..it's similar to the one I saw but I didn't think it had the buckles on the sides of the bag. I also thought it seemed more 'raw' material, aka don't recall it having the finishing leather stripe along the top of the bag and it seemed more 'open' than this one does...that one almost seemed like a piece of LV monogram canvas just shaped into a bag and then with handles on it. It was very 'modern' for LV. Maybe it was a knockoff. Hmmmmm.

I always hate when I see stuff out and try to remember details of it so I can look it up later and the details get all fuzzy! Camera phone!

batig horizontal.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
OOOH! Portia would look adorable in there...but I must say 16 lbs. would be a bit to carry around. (BF and I are in the process of adopting an abandoned doggie from his cousin''s neighbor.) I''m so intrigued by the bag you saw, Mara. It''s eating me up! Since you said it looks kind of like the Vavin, I thought maybe the Vavin GM, Luco, or maybe even Cabas Mezzo. I have the Cabas and I LOVE it. It''s a throw-everything in and walk out the door kind of bag.

here''s the Vavin GM

vavinGM.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Luco

luco.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Cabas Mezzo

mezzo.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm no it''s like none of those...I love the Vavin and Luco actually.

It''s most like the one I posted...but that still seems different somehow so maybe it was a knockoff or something or some really RARE LV...hehehe.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Haha, I''m just going to tell myself it''s a really rare, vintage one. Ok, that should do it. =) Have a great night, Mara! Was fun playing "guess the LV"
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, I am obsessed too thinking about it now. I just went on eBay to see if I could find anything that looked like it in the cheapo knockoff section, didn''t see anything close. I did see a Coussin, but I quickly picked out some real vs fake things with my bag compared to the $15 one from Europe!!...it''s amazing how close these replicas are...it''s kind of depressing after knowing you bought the original, haha! But it doesn''t stop me from wanting another one! I have a little ''list''...
11.gif

Oh and how bizarre is it that on the LV website they had the Coussin GM but not the Horizontal one? Even their website is not totally accurate on styles. No wonder we are all confused!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - Mara I love the doggy carrier - I know Bonnie and Portia would look so posh in it!!!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 3:01:33 AM
Author: Mara
I know, I am obsessed too thinking about it now. I just went on eBay to see if I could find anything that looked like it in the cheapo knockoff section, didn''t see anything close. I did see a Coussin, but I quickly picked out some real vs fake things with my bag compared to the $15 one from Europe!!...it''s amazing how close these replicas are...it''s kind of depressing after knowing you bought the original, haha! But it doesn''t stop me from wanting another one! I have a little ''list''...
11.gif

Oh and how bizarre is it that on the LV website they had the Coussin GM but not the Horizontal one? Even their website is not totally accurate on styles. No wonder we are all confused!!
LOL, how goes the obsession, Mara? I cannot believe that PS has become my go-to place for discussing all my obsessions now! In the beginning, I thought it wouldn''t only be for diamonds. Now I''m on here for sapphires, emeralds, moonstone, and of all things, LV!
3.gif
You''re right, sn''t it fun to go on ebay and "hunt" for the fakes? It''s fun...sad at the same time to think we spent sooo much money on something that others can get for $15 and most people can''t tell the difference? ugh. I would''ve thought LV''s site would be pretty accurate, I would have expected Elux. to be the one that was inaccurate. Sad!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I know what I''m getting for Christmas!

My dear MIL can''t keep a secret for anything. After seeing Mara''s new bag I thought hummm, I REALLY like that one, so in conversation I might have mentioned it to my MIL. She was pretty curious herself so I sent her photos....3 days later I get a message from her that "dad" bought us a each a little surprise!!! Whooooo hoooo! (She confirmed that it is the bag)
9.gif

Many thanks to you Mara because I''m getting a fabulous new LV bag that I didn''t even know about because I never go looking for these things.
19.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 12:22:16 AM
Author: cnspotts
I know what I''m getting for Christmas!

My dear MIL can''t keep a secret for anything. After seeing Mara''s new bag I thought hummm, I REALLY like that one, so in conversation I might have mentioned it to my MIL. She was pretty curious herself so I sent her photos....3 days later I get a message from her that ''dad'' bought us a each a little surprise!!! Whooooo hoooo! (She confirmed that it is the bag)
9.gif

Many thanks to you Mara because I''m getting a fabulous new LV bag that I didn''t even know about because I never go looking for these things.
19.gif
SCORE cns!! that''s awesome...can''t wait to see pictures!! what a nice gift from your MIL!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump...cns did you ever get your LV? Post it!!

Oh and by the way on that funky 'rare' bag that I saw recently that none of us could find...I talked to my girlfriend who owns a bunch of LV bags (and luggage!) and her Mom owns probably 1/2 their inventory, she is a huge LV and Gucci shopper and gets 2-3 LV bags a YEAR (not counting the Gucci and other bags she buys!)....and she said that it sounds like a fake because she says LV would not do an unfinished (raw edge) top like that...and I did recall thinking, wow LV is getting really trendy doing the raw edged canvas. Anyway, according to her she says it has to be a fake, she does not recognize the style I was describing at all. Hmmm.

Update on my bag too, I still adore it but I'm thinking about the next LV...tee hee...the leather is slowly starting to turn a little darker, and yes Kayla it does get scratched along the bottom and 'scuffed' quite easily with this style, but it's not really noticeable unless you peer at it. Greg just noticed it the other day, but that's just the wear and tear I guess. Does anyone know how to buff 'scuffs' out of the leather, if it is possible at all?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Love that bag Mara!!! Just love it! I haven''t seen many in that style. Good good stuff.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, yep, I got it. I think I really like it but I''m finding I dont LOVE it and it won''t stay on my shoulder and I can''t really wear it with a coat.
15.gif
MIL loves hers so I don''t want to seem ungrateful because it''s a fabulous gift and I get tons of compliments on it. I saw on the holiday gift thread someone got a LV bag with the two pockets on the front, now I''m thinking I would have prefered that style instead, maybe it''s just that I''m used the speedy duffle/doctor one which is soo roomy. Sorry about no pics, I''ve been trying to decide how I feel about it ever since. I do adore the red interior since I have a thing for red anyhow.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was me, it''s called the Manhatten PM bag.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee the Manhatten is $400 more than the Coussin!!

Can you return the Coussin to the store and get something else? Do you think MIL will be upset?

I actually like wearing it both on the shoulder but also just carrying it hanging down in my hand too...so it works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results