shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about Memoire Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pebbles -

Yes, the ring to be traded in is from Bailey, Banks and Biddle. Although I have all of my paperwork, they looked me up in their computer system and found the ring and purchase price. Maybe you wouldn''t need your receipt.

The ring I looked at at BBB was H color, SI 1. The stones looked good but I was interested in knowing all of my color/clarity options. Do the H color stones in your ring look white? Do you have any pics per chance? I don''t think I would try to wear that shared prong ring with another just because the girdles protrude over the sides but it was precisely why I liked it for a RHR - it almost had a scalloped edge look to it rather than a straight edge. Do you wear your band with your new mounting or do you wear it when you don''t wear the solitaire?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm, i thought the memoire bands were not supposed to have any overhang
33.gif

there was a thead about it here. maybe I misunderstood and the girdles don't touch because of the way the rings fit next to each other like a puzzle not that there is no overhang
34.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the diamonds don''t overhang the cups they are in - what I meant was that they formed a scalloped edge instead of a more straight line look.

I think that design protects the girdles of the stones and allows an ering setting to set against the band without the diamond girdles touching. For me, this wouldn''t be an issue as I would wear it alone as a right hand ring.

I really like the look of the Memoire setting though. . .

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh, now i get it
2.gif
. Well whichever you choose it will be a blindly bling bling ring.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 7:26:51 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Pebbles -

Yes, the ring to be traded in is from Bailey, Banks and Biddle. Although I have all of my paperwork, they looked me up in their computer system and found the ring and purchase price. Maybe you wouldn''t need your receipt.

The ring I looked at at BBB was H color, SI 1. The stones looked good but I was interested in knowing all of my color/clarity options. Do the H color stones in your ring look white? Do you have any pics per chance? I don''t think I would try to wear that shared prong ring with another just because the girdles protrude over the sides but it was precisely why I liked it for a RHR - it almost had a scalloped edge look to it rather than a straight edge. Do you wear your band with your new mounting or do you wear it when you don''t wear the solitaire?
Lat night I called the BB&B where I bought my ring from and explained I had misplaced the paperwork. They said their computer system only goes back 2 years, but that sometimes that have paper files there at the store that go back further. She took my name and number and said she would call me back but I haven''t heard from her. I''ve searched my house dozens of times. I know I would not have knowingly thrown it out, I hope I didn''t on accident.
14.gif

The H colored stones are very white. I took a quick pic to show you. I don''t wear it with the new mounting at all -- I wear either one or the other. I used to wear it with my solitaire, but the solitaire got totally scratched up from it so I don''t do that anymore!

The girdles definitely overhang on my ring. It feels sharp when you run your finger across the edges. Maybe Memoire changed their design from when I bought this ring 6 years ago.
33.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I hit the upload button too quickly! Hold on while I rename it...

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully that will do the trick...

5_stone_memorie_band.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics - looks like a beautiful ring!

Hopefully, they will be able to find the paperwork for you. It would be frustrating not to be able to trade something in because you couldn''t find the paperwork! I am sure they will work with you one way or another. Good luck and thanks for the pics!

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/19/2005 7:51:09 PM
Author: StevL
Memoire makes a very nice product, and they make their rings in about six different qualities. The G/H SI1 is like their 4th quality down. They match stones perfectly and set them level with each and ebvefry other stone. Their pav''e work is the best I''ve seen in mass produced pieces. I would tell anyone to consider a Memoire ring!
Just to clarify the Memoire shared pronged rings are machined in Switzerland. They can be produced in a quantity as anything can with time. But, I would not put them in the category of mass produced(mass castings) They are machine drilled, hand set and polished. Very different than a casting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results