shape
carat
color
clarity

What to wear with gauchos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Gauchos have just caught on in my state--Indiana. I saw several different styles....mostly all knit jersery. What type of shoes do you wear with them? I have taller suede boots with scrunching on them (rather than smooth)....will those work?

Also, will basic sweaters work with them?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Island Dreams...I used to live in southern Indiana (south of Bloomington), I understand how long it takes for new styles to reach the good old midwest! I think gauchos are so cute...I found some pictures on Victoria''s Secret of boot styles with gauchos:

V251353_RCQ07.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another:

V251355.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How can you wear knit jersey in winter?? BRRR!!

All my knit jersey gauchos I wear in spring and summer. I retired them for winter.

The ones for winter that are out here are wool or velvet or even felt! They are cut the same but just a slightly warmer and more wintery material. BCBG has a bunch on their website.

In terms of what to wear with them for footwear, for winter it seems like boots are the best way to go. I''m personally not a scrunchy boot person, I like sleek taller boots or flat boots, but I think you can wear either one depending on your body type. Gaucho''s tend to kind of cut your body in half because it cuts off at an odd leg point. So if you are tall, you can probably wear any type of boot, it won''t matter because you have the leg length. But if you are average or shorter, I''d suggest a taller sleeker boot to try to add some height and length to the leg. Also, IMO the thinner your leg appears, the thinner the rest of the body will appear to the eye and the scrunch boots add too much width for me.

In terms of tops, sweaters are great, especially close fitting ones that will show off the line of the pants IMO. Though depending on the fit of your pants you could probably get away with a bulkier sweater. But keep in mind that if you are doing the sleeker leg thing you don''t want a big huge heavy sweater, then straight flowing pants and then twig legs. I try to match my legs with the top part if that makes sense so I don''t look like humpty dumpty!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Monarch--thanks for the VS pictures of gauchos. They look season transitional to me in those pictures...more lightweight tops but still boots. I think the boots I have a fairly similar to the ones in the pictures.

Mara--Maybe the knit gauchos that are hitting the stores near me are intended for spring wear then? Almost all of them are jersey knit....definitely thin and drapey looking. In that case, what shoes would I wear with them once boot season is over?

I am rather short (5''4") and definitely not a twig so I''m wondering if that whole other breaking point with the below knee length cut is right for my body type anyway. Guess I''ll have to go try on a few.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
For summer I wear them with flip flops but that does nothing for elongating your leg...hehee...

So I have also seen them worn with wedge heels or espadrilles or similar...something fun with a heel, nothing too severe or sharp!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m 5'' 4" as well and personally do not think that guachos look good on shorter women. Some styles simply don''t flatter us gals. Like this belted sweater. I''ve wanted one for ages but every time I try one on, the style looks like a bath robe on me!

beltedsweater.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my gauchos! I can still wear my knit jersey ones as it's pretty temperate here (L.A). During the summer I wear them with flip flops. Lately, I've been wearing them with my tall uggs. I live at the beach, and it's a very casual california look.

I have a pair of wool ones for work that I wear with tall, sleek boots.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I tried gauchos on and boy were they funny looking on me. I''m guessing 5''4 and size 10 are not the right combination for them. Even my husband gave me the major thumbs down on them. Oh well, I guess it saves me on buying into a fad.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress the other night and Seamstress''s outfit reminded me of this post. The actress in the movie is 5'' 3" and she wears gauchos during the film and has them paired up with simple flat shoes. This combo looks good.

Did you try them on w/boots or shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results