shape
carat
color
clarity

A Solasfera story and a happy ending ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
First, I want to offer congratulations and best wishes to everyone who posts on this forum and especially those who became engaged recently, including Dominic (Incisor) who planned to pop the question last night in Seattle, and who took the time to communicate with me directly via email to confirm the beauty of the Solasfera stone he recently purchased ...

Some of you may remember my story: My husband and I are approaching our 20th anniversary in 2006 (so unbelievable!). When we became engaged 21+ years ago, we were both students and there was no money for an engagement ring. After we married we moved, purchased our first home, focused on our professional careers ... then came 3 beautiful kids, another house, the start of our own professional practice, etc., etc. with little thought of the engagement ring that I secretly coveted ...

With our 20th anniversary (and my 45th birthday) looming in 2006, I stumbled on this forum and realized how much a ''traditional'' engagement ring would actually mean to me - even after all this time. With the help of the people on this forum, I also realized that it wasn''t selfish to covet a diamond engagement ring - - especially because there''s so much meaning and symbolism to it. When I opened-up to my husband about all of this, he readily-admitted that I not only deserved a diamond ring, but that it should be a ''perfect'' diamond to symbolize our relationship now and in the future ... I am so unbelievably lucky to be married to this wonderful man ...

When I showed my husband my ''dream setting'' from Natalie K (Firenze Jewelers) he agreed that it was well-suited to my taste and personality. While we were initially skeptical about making such a substantial purchase on-line, we went on to order the setting from Firenze Jewelers (www.firenzejewels.com), which offered the setting at just under 50% below retail. I''ll include a link to a photo of the Natalie K setting in a separate post below.

We thought it would take some time to find the ''perfect'' diamond to complement the setting, and we weren''t in a particular rush. We began our search at the local B&M jewelers, just to see what was out there. Still, my husband was especially appreciative of the information and tutorials which are available on this forum, and at the following e-vendor websites: www.whiteflash.com AND www.goodoldgold.com. Armed with this extensive information, we knew we wouldn''t be purchasing our diamond from even the most reputable local B&M ...

My heart actually soared when my husband said to me: "I don''t want you to have just ANY diamond, I want you to have the most perfect and brilliant diamond ...", but of course, there was a limit to our budget. After reading about the 91 faceted Solasfera diamond at the Good Old Gold website, and also at: www.solasfera.com, there was no turning back - we both knew that the right Solasfera diamond would be the perfect complement to the Natalie K setting, and the perfect ending to this story ...

The Solasfera diamond that we selected and went on to purchase from Good Old Gold actually ''spoke to us'' on paper once we clicked-on the GOG information page and saw the magnified photos and BrillianceScope image (yes, there really is some truth to that - - we actually felt a connection to this diamond as soon as we saw it!).
I''ll include a link to the GOG information page for "our" Solasfera diamond in a separate post below.

In spite of the holiday rush, upon receipt of our bank wire transfer, GOG promptly shipped the Solasfera diamond to Dave Atlas and Chris DiCamillo of D. Atlas & Company Appraisers who are ''babysitting'' the diamond for us and providing an independent appraisal while we await the setting from Firenze and Natalie K. Preliminary indications from D. Atlas & Co. confirm that the Solasfera diamond is even more beautiful in-person than it was described in the GOG website.

While my husband and I are happy to have the diamond in a secure (and insured!) place while we await the setting, we can''t wait to actually see this diamond in-person before it is mounted. (Happily for us, the folks at D. Atlas & Company will also be able to mount the diamond and re-appraise the completed ring once the setting is available).

So now it''s time for our sincere thanks and acknowledgments to:

Gabrielle and Myles of Firenze Jewelers (www.firenzejewels.com),
who were both not only timely, courteous and extremely knowledgeable in all of their telephone and email communications, but who were both also refreshingly honest, patient and helpful during what is undoubtedly their busiest time of the year.

Jonathan, Marie & Charlie at www.goodoldgold. who were also extremely knowledgeable, helpful and patient during their busiest season, and who even took the time to personally respond to my emails, and to send actual photos of the Solasfera diamond we selected for comparative and other purposes; and last, but certainly not least:

Dave Atlas & Chris DiCamillo at D. Atlas & Co. in Philadelphia, PA (www.gemappraisers.com), for their thorough and professional communications, and prompt preliminary assessment of ''our'' Solasfera diamond and also, for their willingness to ''babysit'' and eventually set the stone for us.

Rather than risk losing this post, I will include links to the GOG information page for our diamond, and to the Natalie K setting in a separate post below.

In the meantime, I wish EVERYONE on this forum the very merriest of Christmases and a peaceful, healthy and Happy New Year! I don''t think any of this would have happened if it wasn''t for all of you!
4.gif

BrownEyes
4.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a firm believer that every girl should have a beautiful diamond ring in her life! There's nothing selfish about it. hehe! Wow that Solasfera must sparkle like mad! I've never seen one in person and I can only imagine how gorgeous they must be! Can't wait to see the pics. Don't forget to post LOTS and LOTS of them! Happy holidays!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
BrownEyes, your diamond looks wonderful and I would view it as a fabulous reflection of the bright and wonderful marriage you have been in for almost 20 years. I think it''s great to hear such wonderful marriage success stories. I really admire people who manage to maintain such a strong union for so long. Congratulations to you and your husband. I''m delighted for you both.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Brown Eyes! Looks like you have a stunning stone and a delicate setting to put it in. Congrats, and I look forward to seeing the ring on your hand.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Browneyes!!! The diamond is gorgeous and the setting is just lovely!!! Can''t wait for the hand pics!! Enjoy!!!
36.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you!!! What an amazing diamond as well...I definitely want to check into a solsafera when I look into another reason for a diamond. Best of luck to you and congrats on a fabulous setting...Merry Christmas, too!
emlove.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be a beautiful ring.

Congratulations!

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!

I can''t wait to see a Solasfera; there haven''t been too many pictures on this forum!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
What a great anniversary gift! I can''t wait to see the hand shots!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Anniversary browneyes! 20 years is a long journey! I am so glad to hear that you are getting this beautiful ring! The diamond is gorgeous and paired up with that setting....wow! I can''t wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results