shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Valet Trays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FI has a habit of leaving his keys, wallet and cellphone all over the place so I want to get him a valet tray. I''m considering this one from Coach: http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/product.aspx?product_no=7819&category_id=200

However, I was searching around ebay and found these also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSCA-BLACK-LEATHER-VALET-TRAY_W0QQitemZ5063157203QQcategoryZ67685QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what do you think is better, the coach or the one from ebay? I''m leaning towards the one from ebay because it has more compartments....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out redenvelope.com too. I LOVE their stuff and have gotten Greg and my Dad a bunch of organizational things from there as well.

OH and they have free shipping right now on any order. I just placed an order this morning for two sets of their cutie topaz and amethyst cluster earrings for my Mom and one of my friends!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely like the Bosca better. Way nicer tray, way better price! I did something similar for part of DH''s gift this year, but I got him a wooden box valet with a top tray (glass windowtop) and 2 pullout trays for all his watches and trinkets. More of a gift for me really than for him...I hate seeing watches everywhere!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m also thinking of getting my husband a valet tray and had glanced at Red Envelope the other day and noticed that their prices are pretty good. (since they have free shipping - as Mara noted, I''d better hurry up and order!) That coach one is nice looking but the price is ridiculous!

Oh, and are compartments good or bad? I think at the end of the day, my husband is tired so he just likes to toss everything down on the counter, not think about where to stick each item. He would be perfectly happy with a single compartment valet and a coin canister for his change.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MC - you''re right, FI is tired and tosses everything anyway...good prices on redenvelope.com! I think I just might get him something from there. The one from Coach is spendy...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC check out that coin canister on RE, did you see it? I got it for Greg, it''s a great small gift to give..I''ve given it to other guys too aka my sister''s BF etc.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 9:06:33 PM
Author: Mara
MC check out that coin canister on RE, did you see it?
Yes, the RE one is what I''m planning to get. Last year I gave DH the electronic coin sorter and it turned into a nightmare gift. It was super loud and my son constantly demanded to play with it (so we had to choose between either the loud chugging gears of the sorter or the loud whining voice of the preschooler) and then the damn thing broke within a month. I guess I should be glad for the sudden peace and quiet of in house, but still wasted $55 on it!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I was in Bombay Company yesterday at our mall, and they had a really neat men''s valet tray. I''ll try to find it on their website and post a pic. I''m always impressed with the quality of their stuff.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go. According to the website, it''s on sale for $44. It caught my eye in the store.

bombay valet tray.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the mahogany watch case I got for DH at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Two drawers underneath for sunglasses and other crap, or more watches. It was $50, but after the 20% off coupon, it was only $40.

3306813408246P.jpg

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got FI''s valet tray! I had them engrave FI''s initials, now I have to "train" him to throw everything in there when he walks in the door
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 9:06:33 PM
Author: Mara
MC check out that coin canister on RE, did you see it? I got it for Greg, it''s a great small gift to give..I''ve given it to other guys too aka my sister''s BF etc.
Hey, the coin canister came today and it''s really cool! It''s very solid and substancial. . .the picture doesn''t do it justice. I filled it up w/chocolates and am going to put it into DH''s stocking
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which one did you get, luckyhonu?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s awesome!
36.gif
I hope he''s easily trainable.

The past 2 weeks I have been biting my tongue every time I see one of DH''s watches lying around....I just want to rip open his gift and give it to him now! Only 6 more days....to organized watches, change, sunglasses....yeah!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I had a dollar for everytime hubby asks, "have you seen my keys, have you seen my watch?" I could buy a ton of these. I will get him one for Christmas. I hope I can train him too. Drives me nuts!!
3.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Picture of FI's valet tray:

I couldn't wait to give it to him (his birthday is on Friday) so I made him open it. I think he's trained because now he comes home and tosses all his things into it!

3c_1_b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LH can you take out those pins and make it flat for traveling?

That''s like the RE one I got Greg but it snaps on the sides, typical...I''ve seen it in other catalogs too. His is red suede I think.

Anyway...what a cute idea MC to fill it with choclates! I still have to get Greg''s Scharffen Berger stocking chocolates from Whole Foods! That reminds me.

Kaleigh ,you should get hubby a key finder thing, the one where he can attach something to the keyring and then use the remote to find them! I need to do that with Greg''s wallet...hehehe. He is always misplacing it!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 9:35:05 PM
Author: kaleigh
If I had a dollar for everytime hubby asks, ''have you seen my keys, have you seen my watch?'' I could buy a ton of these. I will get him one for Christmas. I hope I can train him too. Drives me nuts!!
3.gif
This is a constant battle in my house. My husband leaves his keys, wallet, sunglasses, cell phone all over the place, and then is furiously stomping around when he needs to leave and can''t find them. So often I''ll see him put his keys in a silly place, but I keep my mouth shut (yes, I''m evil to the core
31.gif
). I wait until he''s on his rampage looking for them everywhere. Then when I tell them where I saw him put them, he gets annoyed at me!!!! Whtat the . . . ? Men ARE from a different planet.

I have a cute divided basket in our mudroom (where the family comes in the house). One half of the basket is mine, and the other was intended for him. I put my keys, glasses, etc. in every time I come in. They''re always there when I go to leave -- hmmm, imagine that. His side has pens, receipts, coins, and crap overflowing over the top.

WHY is it SO hard to teach these guys such a simple remedy?
29.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, I checked and it seems that the pins don't come out to lay it flat for travelling. However, the tray is only 1 1/4 thick so it's not too bulky. FI seems to like it, he puts his keys, glasses, wallet and cellphone in there but now he wants to stuff his receipts and bills too
29.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like he needs a 2nd valet tray...one for cell/keys etc. & one for receipts & papers....

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
This thread made me chuckle..... I get harassed all the time about that. There are some things you just can''t change, but those trays will help.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, DH loved the watch case I got him....and as of now, all the watches and cufflinks and things are in it!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Whether it continues...we''ll see...but at least if I find one laying around, there''s somewhere else to put it!!!

He also loved the closet tie rack I got him that spins around and has a light....need to get the batteries for it but hopefully it''s the end to me tripping all over his good ties! Only time will tell...but gauging by his reaction to the gifts, I''m very optimistic.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results