shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!!!!! Star ruby ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2005 12:10:56 AM
Author: widget

I always go through a period of adjustment at first. There is a difference between real life and whatever was floating around in my head for months. It''s like the ''dream ring'' takes on an aura that NO ring in real life could match!
I completely understand what you are saying. The time between designing a piece and getting it, images in your brain get warped a bit. Plus, I always get a twinge of buyer''s remorse on big items. It will settle down in a few days though.

I think the piece is lovely. The side stones are big, and they look very nice. I''m curious to hear what you are not sure about and whether it is anything that can be tweaked without a complete redo. I''d give it a few days before making any drastic decisions though.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After a good night''s rest I am sure you will see this new beauty with rested eyes! It really is a beautiful, unique piece. Should look wonderful under the Christmas tree lights
30.gif
!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Widget,

I love your ring...You always have such pretty stuff. I love antique rings!!! I can''t help but look down at mine and wish for yours!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

UCLABelle

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
Sorry I can''t reply. I just fainted.
19.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Widget,

I''ve been thinking about your ring since I first saw it posted. You''ve done REALLY well with your ring design; I think you will really get alot of enjoyment wearing the ring. The color of the ruby is really spectacular. The design reminds me of a ring that I tried on at Neiman''s during my search for the perfect RHR. It was a Tiffany design circa 1920 with a Kaahmir sapphire. It was really lovely, but unfortunately beyond my range.

I truly hope that you will be happy with it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Superb and glorious Widget!
36.gif
36.gif
They are PRETTY BIG accent diamonds too
3.gif
3.gif
Great job and enjoy!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Widget, it is gorgeous...I love it!

Enjoy it!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Widget, it''s absolutely stunning! WOW
30.gif
!!! I think it is just gorgeous--so antique looking and unusual. I think it''s perfect. Congratulations!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Widget- I think the ring is fantastic- I love the design and the details and those ovals- so unique & delicate & really gorgeous!!! I think its the perfect showcase for that star ruby
30.gif
Those little scrolls on the side are so divine, sigh
2.gif

and I''m really in awe of your ring, but TOTALLY understand your mixed initial reaction because custom designs are so tough in terms of expectations and making our ideas a reality. I actually am begining to question my e-ring design and if I really did get what I wanted (and that''s no fault of the designer, he did his job perfectly but did I communicate my tastes properly, blah, blah, blah.) Would I go custom in the future? Not unless I could see the wax in person- I''m actually thinking of scrapping my setting!!!!! I digress...didn''t mean to hijack.

I Love your ring, everything about it and hope you wear it it in wonderful health!!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget the ring is just amazing. I actually gasped when I saw the closeup shots - such intricate details and the semi bezel and scrollwork looks so fantastic! I love it!!!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My heavens, Widget! How did I miss this? It made my heart skip. I wish I could see it in person. So splendid!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thank you EVERYBODY for your kind words!!!
30.gif

I''ve been wearing the ring everyday since I picked it up, and I love it more and more each day. It feels like it was meant to be worn on my finger. And of course I''ve loved getting reacquainted with my lil red gum drop...

I think my ''iffiness'' at first was due in part to post-flu woozies, and perhaps some ''day-after Xmas'' syndrome....I''d been waiting for it for months and months...

Anyhoo...thanks again! I''m outa here for a few days, so everyone have a fabulous holiday!!

1.gif
widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh widget,
I''m so glad you love it. Happy holidays to you too!!!
35.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

Your ring is gorgeous, I love it! It''s so unique and the design is just beautiful!
emotion-19.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Widget I LOVE that ring! So unique and regal!

Vix

Shiny_Rock
HOW did I let this thread slip by me til now? Widget, another great piece from you...how wonderful to see it. I love the ring''s proportions and how the stones/setting all fit together like one delightful puzzle.

Thanks for sharing!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow...
30.gif
30.gif
Widget, your entire collection is just amazing! Love your new ruby ring
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Widget. I missed your earlier thread about this project so I have know idea what your original ideas were, but I think it looks simply STUNNING. It''s absolutely breathtaking and I hope you are enjoying as you enjoy you Holiday.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget..i''m so glad to hear that you are loving it.
i totally understand the syndrome..glad it''s getting better.
2.gif

the ring really does look just perfect on your hand. it is so very nicely balanced. i can''t imagine how wonderful it looks in person
3.gif

enjoy!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Widget!!!!
It is amazing!!!
You are right... it does look like it was meant for your hand. I have never seen a star ruby or heard of one before this. I''m in love
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0">

By the way, every time I see your doggie icon, I get the urge to squeeze his/ her little face and cuddle the heck out of him/ her . What a cutie pie!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results