shape
carat
color
clarity

Hubby wants electric razor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
My DH has been a manual shave kind of guy all his life but has been hinting that he might like to try a rotary razor. Neither of us know anything about them so I''d appreciate some input since they come in a huge variety of options and prices. We''ve both looked at reviews online but unfortunately are not any closer to choosing one. His only request is that he would like one that can be charged in the car if needed since he expects extended work days in the future.

What brands are best?
What to look for in the blades themselves?
Features to have, or not have?
etc.

Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband loves his Braun. Does a great job.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
norelco is the only pick for men with thick tough hair.

Blades get expensive they lasted me 6 months but any other electric iv tried was toast in a week.

I went back to disposables and tossing them each time.

Yea iv got tree trunk hair LOL

So i guess what im saying is that if he goes thru razors fast then get a norelco and plan on replacing blades a couple times a year.

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
i am still in a mach 3 grove myself, because i havent found an electric that gets as close. i have tried a few however. Braun (foil shaver) and Norelco (rotary) are the only two i consider anymore when looking at shavers.

as for features, take a look at reviews that describe hair types.. i had problems with my norelcos not being able to lift curved hairs that lay flat against the skin to shave them. i ended up with a nice spotted look.. if you anticipate that as a problem, take a look at features that address this...

i personally am looking at the new braun activator, and the concept and reviews seem promising. take a look @ Amazon.com
35.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my fiance a Panasonic Electric razor for Christmas last year. It''s the wet/dry model. I can''t remember the exact model number, but I''ll check at home this evening.

He loves it! He hasn''t changed the blades yet & said that he just started to notice the blades being a little dull. His facial hair grows in really fast & it''s pretty thick. He hasn''t had any trouble removing all of the hair.

One thing to note about electric razors - there is definitely a break-in period for your skin. You won''t get a super smooth shave for about 3 weeks. After that, it will be as smooth as a traditional razor. My fiance said it really stunk at first, but well worth it in the end. He said it causes virtually no irratation (where as for him, a manual razor did).

Good luck. I''ll look up the model number for you.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your comments. I''m still looking around and reading reviews online, but I''m starting to think that maybe he should pick it out himself.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Was watching tv and saw an ad for a new Norelco...forgot which one...it was pretty expensive (about 175-200)... Hubby wants it. It got really good reviews. A lot of good that does you without the model #
20.gif

Norelco Smart Touch XL.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad and little brother both use Norelcos and love them. My husband has no interest in one.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MMM and ame, I''ve been pretty stumped and confused over this razor issue. I picked up one at Costco today while I was in there, it''s a Norelco but only about mid line in their series of razors. I debated on getting him the newest top of the line one (quite pricey) but it was out of stock at several onlince places. I also hated the thought of spending almost $200 bucks only then to have him continue to shave with a regular razor anyway.
38.gif
Costco''s return policy is pretty good so if he wants something different he can have at it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Good move! I''m not a member but really have to join.... I ended up getting him the Norelco...mainly b/c they were out of stock of everything else LOL... It was $199 but the gal gave me a 20% coupon... I bet I could have saved at Costco or BJs. I''m sure they all work about the same but hubby''s eye lit up when he saw it LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results