shape
carat
color
clarity

WHITEFLASH QUALITY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had a secret for a few months now. I''VE GOT THE FIRST WHITEFLASH HALO IN PLATINUM!!!!
9.gif

It began innocently enough. I had to replace a lost ring, and I came across a pic of the WF halo prong setting. I knew it was the setting that was calling to me. I loved everything about it except for one thing. Don''t get me wrong, the design was perfect for me. It was the metal that was giving me pause. I really had hoped for a platinum setting. I had been searching the WF database for the perfect diamond and working with Renee to find one that fit my parameters and was eyeclean. We found the perfect one.

Now it was time to discuss the setting, and I was about to throw WF a curve. I wanted the halo prong, but I absolutely wanted it made in plat. I called Renee and told her my choice of setting. I then explained how very much I wanted the ring made in plat. I am not a white gold girl (I have sensitive skin and feared allergies), and I was hoping something could be done. I begged. I pleaded. I pouted. (jk) I stomped my not-so-dainty foot and said, "I WANT PLATINUM."

Renee said she would talk to Brian and see what he said and call me back. She called right back and said that Brian had been wanting to expand this design to plat., but it had not been done, so this would be a special circumstance. So he would make my dream setting in plat. She explained the caveats to me. Plat. is malleable, and there was a chance that it would not hold up over time and wear. Brian was unwilling to make a guarantee on it in plat. I, of course, said fine. I knew other designers were making similar bands in plat. at 2mm with diamonds, and they were fine.

I told her that that''s what insurance was for. She said no that''s not what Brian means. Often when a new design is created, WF will have it road-tested. Sometimes it''s employees or friends, but they thought it was time they had a customer do it for the most objective opinion possible. He would very much like for you to field test this setting in plat. It will be your ring. You buy it. It''s yours, but it will be our prototype. If it does not hold up, no harm-no foul. They would remake the ring in 14k white gold with palladium for me (thus allaying my concerns about nickel allergies). You will have a perfect ring at the end of the testing period one way or another. If it works, we can offer this setting in plat. It''s a win-win for us both.

They made my ring in plat 950 with ruthenium alloy. It is beautiful. I have worn it every day all day since September 28 when I received it. As you all know, I took it off for showering and dishes. I called in weekly updates and e-mailed WF a set of pics to show how it was holding up. I was completely unsurprised that it was passing all tests with flying colors. If I had not trusted them, I would not have bought from them in the first place.

About a month ago, Renee called and told me that Brian wanted me to start wearing it for dishes. I was rightfully horrified, but I agreed like a good little test subject. All right, I grumbled and complained and did it anyway!
9.gif
After a month of dishes, it still looks as beautiful as it did the day I received it.

Finally, after a long time waiting and dying to tell everyone, Brian said that it can now go public. That''s a euphemism for SHAY GETS TO BRAG ABOUT HAVING THE FIRST WF HALO PRONG IN PLATINUM!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Hence, the long post. For those who have made it this far, I thank you. I just wanted to add that everyone involved has been wonderful. I have found a friend in Renee. They all treated me as if I were spending quadruple the amount of money that I actually spent with them. I also learned how important quality craftsmanship is to Brian. He wanted to offer something that people were clamoring for, but he wasn''t going to do it without field testing it first. He wanted to ensure his customers that this new "baby" would be a quality addition to the WF family.

I am so thrilled they allowed me a small part of this journey. I am so thrilled they were willing to do whatever it took to make me happy. If anyone has any questions about anything, please post them. I will answer you as I get a chance. Thank you for allowing me to share my story.

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehehehe....you secret keeper!
11.gif

your ring is beautiful shay...i''m glad that you were able to get exactly what you wanted and that you still love it today....AND that wf made such an awesome product!
36.gif
way to go wf!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Great story, Shay. That''s hard to keep a secret that long. I''m so glad it worked out and you love your ring so much. It IS beautiful!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
LOL Shay
31.gif
And to think, I had volunteered here on PS to test any WF designs
2.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
More pics!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. And I think this is a great example of how Whiteflash looks out for its customers.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys so much. It really was a delightful experience because:

Date: 12/19/2005 11:43:57 AM
Author: solange
Your ring is beautiful. And I think this is a great example of how Whiteflash looks out for its customers.
They really did.

shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad that you got what you wanted, Shay!

Yes, Whiteflash went above and beyond for you and you also were able to help them...perfect!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 11:37:38 AM
Author: Ann
More pics!
Ann, if you''ll click on the link above the pic above, it will take you to my thread with a gazillion pics.
2.gif

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cool is that Shay??? I am so happy for you.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Shay, what a FUN PROJECT!!! Fab ring too!
3.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats shay that is WONDERFUL!!!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Shay, that''s so cool!!! I''m so impressed by Whiteflash. They really do care about their customers, a rare trait nowadays. Congratulations!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
It''s just amazing. I too am a MUCH bigger platinum fan, so I can understand your desire. Your ring is just fabulous
1.gif
And isn''t it great being the first with a WF design? There is NO need to ever be concerned with the quality of their workmanship.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''ve known your little secret for awhile...Brian spilled the beans when I visited with him at the end of October. Congrats on passing the test and for being a tester!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow shay you sneaky secret keeper!!!

i actually didn''t know that WF didn''t make the halo rings in platinum, shows how much i pay attention to detail!!
5.gif
i remember trying on the little prototypes that Brian had strewn around his desk, i wonder if those were the platinum test models....they were unfinished.

anyway congratulations on your ring, it looks beautiful of course....and what fun to be a test subject! Brian is definitely like a proud papa on his products and his stones, and i think it''s great that they do these tests first in the field before releasing something to the public. kudos to WF.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I sign up to be a tester for these ring prototypes??
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hmm, do you mean the first WF platinum halo of that specific design? I''ve had mine since the beginning of September. do I win something too?
3.gif

hehe, just kidding.. it''s really great to know that WF is taking care of you so well though!
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, it''s a lot of fun.
31.gif
Appletini, that''s so cool. You keep a good secret too. Icekid, yes in this particular design. The difference is this was tested for a stock setting while yours is custom. That''s one of the reasons for the test, to see if they would be able to offer platinum in their stock design.

Mara, I don''t know what they had up their sleeve while you were there.

You girls are the best. It''s so fun to finally get to share my secret with the diamond obsessed.
9.gif
I don''t mean to leave out the guys, but you haven''t commented.

Patty, Solange, Researcher, Belle, Curlygirl, Matatora, Lorelei, Rascal49, Diamondlil, thank you all so much for taking the time to read and chime in. I didn''t realize how long my post would be to encompass the story. Thank you again.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results