shape
carat
color
clarity

For those with eternity style engagement rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Are you happy with the eternity style or do you wish you had left room for easy sizing?

The style of e-ring I like is offered both in full eternity and half eternity style. I like the look of the full eternity style, especially since I want the matching wedding band and I know it''ll rotate. But I''m wondering if I''ll regret the decision to go with the eternity in the future?

Any advice/insight/stories would be much appreciated!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Several people hear have eternity style e-rings and bands and have no problems with them, however I am one that does.

My e-ring is not eternity but I have an eternity wedding band. I loved the look of it, but it is so unpractical for me. The stones aren''t that big (maybe 4 points each) but when I wear it with the e-ring, it pushes into the sides of my fingers and it bugs me. It feels much better to wear it by itself.

The thing that bothers me more than the digging-into-my-fingers issue is the issue of trying to keep in clean. I have two toddlers and I can never wear it around them b/c I get mad when the band gets all mucked up (and trust me, with little ones your hands get mucky very quickly and often!). I have gotten ketchup, chocolate syrup, juice, sand, and the worst was diaper cream all over it. The diaper cream was the hardest to get off of it since it''s made to be waterproof. Granted, my kiddies aren''t going to be this age forever, but what''s the point of having something I can never wear?

I also have kind of a messy job so that doesn''t help either. When do I actually wear it? Maybe once a week when we go out. Other than that it just sits in my jewelry box. I wish I had gotten a half eternity with bigger stones.

Just one messy lady''s opinion!
2.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i have eternity e ring and wedding band. I love the look of full eternity! 1/2 is pretty to me but i like the symbolism and bling of the full eternity, even if you cant see it all the time. 3/4 seems like its incomplete, even though having the sizing bar is nice.

The reason I chose full vs 3/4 on my Tacori rings: My jeweler said that because of the intricate detail of my rings, I would have to send them to Tacori to get it sized with the 3/4 band and it could risk the detailing and the setting. I would have to send it to them anyway to reem out the inside if i needed it bigger (something that I had done once before and it ruined the ring), and i could just get sizing beads if i needed it smaller. So I went with full. I ordered it my size, and then I lost weight so it was a bit loose. I added the beads and its great! now i have some play room, if my fingers enlarge after kids, etc, i can file out the beads. if they get smaller, i can add more beads or put in bigger ones. The beads are unnoticeable to me and I can have the ring I wanted without worrying about compromising the setting or ruining the ring.

The rings,esp since they are thick and milgrained, CAN be irritating to my fingers and sometimes goop gets in them. But to me its worth it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there is another post around here like this that may have more responses...maybe try searching on full vs half or something if this thread does not net enough responses.

Anyway, I didn't like the way half eternity looks (and really still don't)...I don't like the abrupt stop between the diamonds and then the flat band (and neither did Greg)...so that is mostly why we wanted to go full eternity was aesthetics and also just to have full eternity seemed more 'decadent'..hee hee. Also you CAN upsize the eternity ring a bit, I got mine done as a 6 and had them upsized (stretched) a tiny bit to 6.25 and that worked great for me. I doubt I would ever want them to be smaller again...I like them a tiny bit loose.

I figure if I am ever pregnant or similar that I would just get something fake to wear...I wouldn't want to upsize my rings just for a temp thing or anything and I don't really plan to gain lots of weight...so hopefully this is good enough!! Fingers crossed.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results