shape
carat
color
clarity

Having a wedding band made to match my antique e-ring--advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robainya

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring is an antique--a .85 ct old mine cut diamond set in platinum with 3 small (.02 ct) side diamonds on each side. I''m told that the center stone is from before 1900 and the setting is from the 1940s. I''d like to have a wedding band made to match and my vintage-loving sensibilities say i should try to find old diamonds for it. Does anyone have any experience with this? The diamonds are very small, so maybe it is silly? I mean, will it even be noticeable? If i were to have the ring made with vintage stones, how would i find them? Is there any place that sells old loose stones of that small size? Or are there jewelers that use antique/vintage stones?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure if you''re working with a jeweler to make a custom ring, he or she can find appropriate old diamonds to put in it--just discuss it with the jeweler. And I agree it would probably make a difference in how the ring looks.

You might go take a look at actual antique bands and modern ones, to see if you can tell the difference.

One more thing: Post a picture of your ring!!! It sounds beautiful.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: glitterata
One more thing: Post a picture of your ring!!! It sounds beautiful.
Ditto!!!!!!
3.gif

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results