shape
carat
color
clarity

gurhan on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and i didn''t bid.

coil ring with rubies. nice ring which i''ve tried on. went for $510 which is $10 cheaper than i''ve seen it anywhere. but, and this is a big but, as much as i want a gurhan, its not ''the one'' i really want.

many times i''ve settled for less and have always had that feeling i settled for less. i decided in this case that if i''m going to get a gurhan i''m getting what i want.

however, it is still heavy sigh time.........

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t worry, MZ, you''ll get The One one day!!

Deb :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, Deb, that''s the rub......having only recently [in the last year] discovered Gurhan, the ring i want is no longer made. i''m going to have to really search high and low for it. i''ve heard conflicting information: that even his ''discontinued'' items can be made again to ''no they can''t''. i''m going to try going directly to his staff and see what they say.

peace, movie zombie

widget

Ideal_Rock
Funny coincidence, MZ...I did a search for Gurhan on Ebay last week and saw the same coil ring.

I just discovered someone''s selling a bangle by Ippolita which sorely tempts me...

Deb...I consider my newly acquired interest in high-karat YG entirely YOUR FAULT!
2.gif

widget

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, deb is to blame! i didn''t know about gurhan until i found pricescope and then started following this thread....and doing research re high karat gold.

i''ve always loved going to museums and looking at gold torques, etc. that were made thousands of years ago and dug up at some archeological dig.....but never dreamed anyone was making ''modern'' wearable art.

so while i play the blame game i also want to THANK DEB for raising my awareness!

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2005 2:15:18 PM
Author: movie zombie
ah, Deb, that''s the rub......having only recently [in the last year] discovered Gurhan, the ring i want is no longer made. i''m going to have to really search high and low for it. i''ve heard conflicting information: that even his ''discontinued'' items can be made again to ''no they can''t''. i''m going to try going directly to his staff and see what they say.

I know for a fact that a discontinued piece or set can be made again (although it/they may come out a tad different when yours is made-thereby putting you in a class with the celebrities who have Gurhan''s, "one of a kind" creations!).

Bill Pearlman, who carries the Gurhan line, had Gurhan make up a pair of discontinued earrings for me. And, yes, I know I will have to post pictures, but I am very behind in picture taking! I actually bought a few Gurhan pieces freom Bill!

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2005 2:41:22 AM
Author:movie zombie
as much as i want a gurhan, its not 'the one' i really want.

Please post a photo of the one you do really want! I will also suggest, although I do not want to get between you and another jeweler you are using, that if you really plan to contact Gurhan yourself, that you use Bill instead! He did right by me. Truly. He had Gurhan change the pearls on my earrings from drop-dead gorgeous, huge, white, tear-shaped, South Sea pearls to smaller, white, round pearls that were more my taste! Mona, my friend from Grunberger's, my local jeweler, thought I was MAD to change those pearls! And she is a pearl connaisseur!

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2005 1:37:06 AM
Author: movie zombie
its the ''coil'' ring further up in a gold thread you started.....it has 3 tourmalines:

I remember that you liked that ring, but I had no idea you liked it as much as you do! I was focused on your spessartite and thought your positive response to that photo was like many of the positive responses we make when we like the look of something but are not about to plunk down money for it!

Keep us apprised of your progress towards getting that made for yourself!

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, there were some ''folded'' rings that i was salivating over with thoughts of the spess in mind.....but this one stood on its own for me. one project at a time......but i do think contacting bill at pearlman''s is the answer. thanks for the suggestion....wouldn''t have occured to me!

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results