shape
carat
color
clarity

FLuorescence and Hollywood....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
I have already read all the opinions of fluorescence in diamonds...BUT, how come in the tv shows "Joey" and "CSI:Miami" both depict a diamond as definitely a fake because it glows purple under uv lights. Why do they think this???? My old engagement ring''s center diamond glowed bright blue, was beautiful, but was checked for authenticity. It was a real and genuine diamond....Any thoughts or opinions on this.....IT BUGS THE POOPIE OUT OF ME!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
obviously the writers never found pricescope
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t do TV so I don''t know what particular show you are talking about...

But I think that it would actually be funny in life or in make believe TV land that the guy saves a ton of dough and buys a fake stone...However the stone must never be seen in club lights... because it turns purple! So they can never go into a night club as long as she wears that stone....Everytime she is out with friends he calls ahead and learns what type of light they use...100 watt, 40 watt, candlelight....He always has to know where she is going and then rushes over to twart her entry into a club. With even more expensive gifts and roses and restaurant reservations....to distract her direction. He is at a ball game with buddies, this is the BEST game in the world...they can''t believe how lucky they are to be on 50 yard line...He gets a call from his gf and she is headed out to the Flamingo...he asks What type of lights do they have? What do you mean you don''t know? He has to leave the game and meet her at the door with a bottle of Champagne and tell her he MUST spend some quality time with her..."what now? I thought you were at the foot ball game of the year?"

Eventually he tires of the charades and goes out buys her a even bigger real stone...sounds like a classic Lucy theme. Sure he is is debt for 15 years...but he can finally go to sleep not worrying what light she is under.

I think it is brilliant comedy writing...moral to this story...let us be sure not to gain any diamond advice from sitcoms!
2.gif
Pricescope for diamond advice...

Gee I had fun with that one!

DKS

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS...what a story...you should be a writer for hollywood..
3.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Well, I know that synthetic diamonds tend to flouresce yellow rather than blue. This can occur in nature, but is much more common in synthetic goods. Perhaps the same is true of purple flourescence.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Vive la fluorescence!

All natural, all the time! One of Bronstein's collections of natural fancy colored diamonds.

FluorButterFlyLG.jpg

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
hahaha Hollywood writers often know nothing about real life situations regardless if they have "expert" staff to advise. I could never watch ER or any medical show for that matter as they are so wrong regarding medical practices ect ect. Well at least the ER I worked in for 12 years did not run that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results