shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie armed and dangerous....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettyrocks

Rough_Rock
Hello to All!

I am so excited to have found this forum! After spending close to a full day oogling over your beautiful pieces in the show-me-the-ring section, all I can say is I AM SO JEALOUS OF SOME OF YOU GIRLS! Those pave rings are to DIE for!

And like many new girls, I have a design question for you all! My fiance and I are ready to get "the ring!!!" EEeeeeekkk!! So excited! To my surprise, I have inherited my grandmothers broach which holds a 11.46ct emerald cut stone that''s surrounded by little old mine cut stones and two sapphires. (Different topic, but I dont think I can "inherit" something from someone who is not deceased, right?? Oh bother, that would be a different topic not fit for anything sparklie!) After some debate, and a little arm twisting, my fiance agrees that it can be made into a ring. (ie: not toooooo gaudy...but more glamourous! :) Now comes the tough part. I have fallen for many of the leon mege pieces!! I like the micro pave work he does, and I LOVE all of your rings with halos!!!!! I envy you all!!!! :) Would it just be ridiculous to have a ring with a stone that large sitting in a halo setting? The other idea was to do up a ring with just micro pave sides and a pave basket.

Some of my girlfriends think that the rings with halos are only for people who want their stone to look bigger than it is. Which I know is NOT the case at any level. The style and design of the mounting is divine!

So would a halo just be gawd-awful and wrong?

As far as pics go, my grandmother''s jeweler has dismantled the broach, but she has a picture of her wearing it at my father''s wedding. I will dig those out and scan a pic for you all to see. She, really is a regal woman!

I look forward to you advice, and becoming a part of this great forum!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello prettyrocks!
35.gif
welcome to ps!
we are glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know more about you. we are especially looking forward to seeing your ''inheritance''!
36.gif
i hope you are off digging up pictures as we speak.
20.gif
i can''t wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results