shape
carat
color
clarity

please comment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RedSoxNation

Rough_Rock
Hello Diamond Experts!

I been a long time onlooker but first time poster. I am about to close the deal with a online vendor to buy the enclose diamond and was wondering what you all think about the measurements & the girdle? And overall is this diamond worth the 8K.

Thank you for your comments!

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.08
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 56%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: 1.2-1.8
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.57*6.61*4.07

Crown Angle: 34.9°
Crown %: 15.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.9°
Pavillion %: 43.1

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are ya set, set on a "D" ... you could get a bigger rock if ya went to "F" or "G" color ... even Leon Mege (Art of Platinum) calls F/VS2 the "sweet spot" for e-rings (to maximize value).

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I am certainly not an expert, but plugging your numbers into the HCA gives a score of 1.8 and you want to have it under 2 so I would say it''s a good stone according to the numbers.

Whether or not it is worth $8K is up to you. Doing a quick search on the in house stones on PS, the price seems to be in line with similar type stones. You are obviously paying a lot for the D color, and only you can decide if it is worth it. Personally, for 8K, I would drop down in color (and clarity) and get a bigger rock.

RedSoxNation

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your comments! I agree however, she is set on one style of ring and so far I can only find one vendor who has it at a fair price. But they will not sell me just the ring/band without buying the diamond from them. Which of course makes perfect sense I guess.

I am looking at the Baguette Knife Edge” engagement ring, this style displays four tapered baguettes totaling .38 carat total weight. I believe Blue Nile has the same band but its $400.00 more than James Allen.

http://www.jamesallen.com/item.asp?cid=58&item=169&name=Platinum%20Baguette%20Open%20Gallery%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check this out

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=602061

G color
VS2
EX/EX
Ideal cut round
$8030

That's the same vendor you "need" to buy from .. but a much bigger stone? Would you consider that "ideal" selection instead of your "signature" one?

ETA....

OR ...

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=315315

A Signature Collection
1.12 F Color
VS1
Ideal, ID/ID
$8510

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
*bumpsies* for input from more knowledgeable P-scopers than moi!

RedSoxNation

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results