shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s wrong with the people at Diamondtalk.com??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

picky

Rough_Rock
Edited because I was being too harsh on them. Everyone has their preferences and advice...something to learn from everyone even if they don't exactly directly answer the questions I ask.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you are Transgirl, then that SI1 would most likely be eye clean - each of those marks would likely be about VS1 size and very very hard to see.
1 single SI1 inclusion is far easier to see than several that add up to SI1.

Re the size and visual appearance - Barry is right - these 2 stones measure exactly the same but the one on the left appears far larger because of the edge to edge brightness and light return.

6.25mczset300b.jpg

picky

Rough_Rock
Whew! Thank you very much about answering the inclusion question. I just wanted some opinions from different people on whether they thought the two largest crystals would be eye clean or not. I know the other crystals are small, but those two bigger ones I was nervous about. I didn''t want to have to listen to the whole "don''t buy the stone without seeing a picture of it" argument. I have heard that argument enough and am taking my chances for complicated reasons.

As far as the brightness and size, I was refering to two stones who are of equal quality in cut and I should have made that clear. I wasn''t trying to imply one was a "fair"cut and the other was ideal.

picky

Rough_Rock
Well I checked out the growing responses to my thread over there, and it seems most people say they either can''t tell from the plot or they get a bad feeling about those crystals. So I guess it''s true that opinions will vary widely and I''ll just have to see the stone myself.

Honestly I would have gone with a network vendor so i could see the fire results etc...but it''s too late now as I need the ring in 2 weeks. So perhaps next time.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2005 4:52:13 AM
Author: Prisms

So I guess it''s true that opinions will vary widely and I''ll just have to see the stone myself.
Yeah, that is mostly why pictures are so popular
7.gif

picky

Rough_Rock
Yes I am realizing too late just how important it is. I''m in love with some of the princesses at Good old Gold....the ones with a lot of fire...even some of the *gasp* "G" color ones...just because of the beautiful fire their reports show.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2005 5:44:59 AM
Author: Prisms
Yes I am realizing too late just how important it is. I''m in love with some of the princesses at Good old Gold....the ones with a lot of fire...even some of the *gasp* ''G'' color ones...just because of the beautiful fire their reports show.
Why '' *gasp* G'' ? Many have went for the bootleg colorless grade - either from initial higher and lower choices. It''s a good mid-point. It is not often said that color shows more the larger the stones get. Since most princesses online at GOG are below 3 cts, that should definitely make the observation worth reminding.

By any chance, is the G princess you have picked up from pictures THIS ?

pic1.jpg

That picture is so unlike the flat fire-less look I came to... sort of tolerate about princess cuts! For once, I more than just wish to see the thing.
7.gif

picky

Rough_Rock
The G color princesses I was refering to are in the low 1 carat range. I think it was somewhere around 1.09 and lower...there are several that look absolutely beautiful in the "color light" report of their Brilliancescopes. I would love to have a firey diamond so much, that now it is trumping my refusal to consider G''s....hence the *gasp*. I''m extremely color sensitive -aka- freaky sensitive to color, but I''d really seriously take a G with tons of fire over a colorless with only white light coming back. I just sent back a colorless stone because I wasn''t seeing the fire I wanted.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why the time crunch? Don''t sacrifice just to meet a deadline (if you can) - if you settle, you''ll always know you did...

I see you are in Hawaii - is that why you can''t get something from a network jeweler in 2 weeks? Have you called any of them about it?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What is a network jeweller?

The Bscope fire data may or may not match reality.

The idea that you are getting reliable cut info on princesses is a big question - there can be large differences between brightness at the edges of stones with the same table and depth proportions.

An ideal-scope or ASET image will tell you more about that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results