shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''''s my proposal contraption, a tiny bit cruel =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fongabonga

Rough_Rock
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I think I''ve finally completed my proposal contraption. Here''s a bit of orientation, I have this heart shaped rock that I found somehow. When she first asked me about it, I told her that I was saving it for the woman that I''m going to marry. So here''s the plan, I''m going to pretty much re-enact our first date. Dinner, movie, and a walk along Battery park. We actually hung out in the playground while sipping on some beer that I had brought in a cooler. =P When we get to that park bench where she denied my first attempt at a kiss (guess I didn''t bring enough beer), I will present her with her Christmas gift. We made a deal to not spend over $20 to see what kind of goofy presents we would come up with. So the outside box is a box presented to graduates of my class during one of the schools Marine officers attend. Pics here:

DSC02711.jpg

Ok, so obviously she''s going to open the box, and there she will find:

DSC02715.jpg

The lights come on once the lid is opened and there is also a MP3 player and a small speaker that will play ''our'' song once the box is opened. Took me forever to figure that out.

DSC02709.jpg

Here''s where it might be a bit cruel, the little note I''m hoping will make her think that what''s in the other box is in fact "The rock" she''s been wanting, but in truth, it is:

DSC02707.jpg

Disappointment?!?! I think she''ll still be happy about me finally giving her my heart shaped rock, but she''s got to be a bit disappointed eh? muwhuuhahaha
At that point, once she picks it up out of the box, VIOLA!

DSC02710.jpg

Beneath that furry mess will be her preferred rock in a lit ring box. At which point I will go to a knee and release the mushiness within and ask her to be mine forever.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Eric

Here''s a few pics of the ring,
EFEm106DVS1finished.jpg

EFEM106DVS1finished2.jpg

EFEM106DVS1sideview3.jpg

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Are you kidding me? That is genius. Aww. She''ll love both the rocks. The proposal has sentimental value and cleverness and a touch of humor ... and its a ball of emotions, just like the both of you will be when it happens and she says yes.
36.gif

BlingBlingMommy

Rough_Rock
I love it! You''ve put alot of thought into the proposal....it''ll be fun, sentimental and romantic. And the ring is beautiful!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE both rocks!!!! What a sweet, very thoughtful and fun proposal!!! Good luck to you!!! Let us know how it turns out!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 9:35:35 PM
Author: SeattleSparkle
Are you kidding me? That is genius. Aww. She''ll love both the rocks. The proposal has sentimental value and cleverness and a touch of humor ... and its a ball of emotions, just like the both of you will be when it happens and she says yes.
36.gif
My God I second that. Wait till I show my DH!! HMM.
27.gif
.. grrr....

That is AWESOME!!! Good for you!! Ahhhhh a fairy tale proposal!! VERY VERY COOL!!!

YOU HAVE HAVE HAVE TO make sure that you let us know all the details about how things went!! and handshots of that scrumptous ring!1
WOW!!
WOW!!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very clever way to propose! I''m impressed!! Let us know how it goes!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Not cruel, perfect! She will love it, and she wil llve tell that stroy over and over again! I think this has to be one of it not my absolute favorite proposal ideas I have read here on PS!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very cool.
emthup.gif

best of luck to you! let us know how it goes.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
As my son would say, SWEEEEEEET! I think your plan is absolutely perfect and one of the most thoughtful I''ve ever read. You get an A+ for all your efforts, and I can''t wait to hear how it all plays out. Do you have a specific date for this occasion? Please keep us posted, and please post pics.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think that is one of the cutest ideas I have ever seen!! It will add more to the surprise factor of the proposal!!
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I agree 100 %. Also, like MINE!!! makes me wish my BF was a little more "creative". At least he''d know how to open the box, my silly guy. You have a GREAT talent at this! If I were her, I''d be asking you to propose a couple of different times to see what you come up with! Congrats! BTW, the ring godly!!
emthup.gif

ksimpson

Rough_Rock
That is such a great idea! One to definitely tell the grandkids!

My husband was so nervous he couldn''t even get the ring box open! I had to do it!

chil1

Rough_Rock
Dang, you make the rest of us guys look very, very bad!
1.gif

GREAT IDEA!

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. SUPER CUTE picture of the two of you!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say I had to show my fiance your proposal idea and he said "Wow that guy is my hero and to guys everywhere."

I just love your idea!!
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
As all the other gals have said- this is FABULOUS!
30.gif
30.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so SWEET!!!! Lovely ring too.

picky

Rough_Rock
Ha. Are you in engineering or computers or something? Well the proposal "box" certainly shows off your talents! Very interesting!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is just AMAZING!!!!! What a creative proposal--not cruel at all. I think it's hysterical and hopefully your future fiance has a good sense of humor! You put so much thought into it and I think it will achieve the desired effect!!! Good for you! Please let us know how it turns out. She's going to be soooooo excited. What a great story to tell. And the ring is gorgeous!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a fantasticly crafted proposal! I love it!

It reminds me of how my Dad proposed to my Mom. He was in a Geology class at the time, and would often go off on excursions and come home bearing gifts of "rocks" for my Mom. We had pickle buckets full of those rocks, while I was growing up.

However, one night they went out to dinner after he returned from one of those day trips, and told her "I brought you another rock". My Mother just rolled her eyes, and then he got down on one knee and proposed to her with the ring.
36.gif

Good luck with your proposal!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Lauren, your parents'' story is SO CUTE!!!

And fongabonga, I think it''s pretty obvious by now that I must love your contraption too!!! It really is incredible!!!
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! Please report back afterwards and update us!!!

lem0ntart

Rough_Rock
i agree with everyone else....i love both rocks... i thought i didnt care for "creative" proposals until i read yours, it sounds really sweet!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The ring is beautiful, but if she is like me (and almost every girl in the world) that is going to be her most memorable moment ever!. A lot of thought into it!.....us girls love that!
9.gif

Good luck!!!!! and we will need some handshots!

M~

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea(and the ring ain''t bad neither
31.gif
)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Stupendous idea! Think of the great re-telling of this romantic story to your friends, family and maybe someday, your children! It will become a legend in your family! It shows how much time you spent thinking this out and planning the most perfect, original and unique moment, a true testament of your love for your lovely bride-to-be. But what is even better, the reality lives up to the build up, that ring is awesome! It will take her breath away!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Did you girls realize that you are responding to a thread that is more than 3 months old?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 8:15:11 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Did you girls realize that you are responding to a thread that is more than 3 months old?
Oh, No. But I missed it the first time around. Still love the idea.

Fongabonga, if you''re out there, let us know how it went.
1.gif

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
You better hope she don''t throw the heart shaped rock at you and shut the box! now, that would be a mess! Awesome idea! Do it before Xmas though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results