shape
carat
color
clarity

ruby and diamond pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
I have my old engagement diamond that I would like to have made into a pendant. Probably something bezel set in white gold. (it''s just under 1/2 carat) I already have a diamond pendant that is pear shaped with smaller round diamonds set around it in yellow gold. I would like to somehow incorporate a ruby into this necklace (I don''t have the ruby) and have it set in white gold. Anyone have any ideas or pictures or websites that would be good for me to look at? Thanks very much.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Not one of you jewelry aficiandos has any ideas???? Darn.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
iv read what you posted 3 times now and cant make heads nor tails of what you want to do.

Can you clarify?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to put me old engagement diamond (about 1/2 carat) in a bezel set pendant but somehow also incorporate a ruby (probably a small ruby) into it. I''m not sure what kind of "design" would work.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
something i think would be kewl would be one of these on top:
http://www.stuller.com/public/product.aspx?prodGrpID=cabe5a3c-d4dd-4801-bba4-9f211086ce3a&categoryID=3510f7cf-afb3-40ad-a0cc-022651a0c292

with one of these hanging off the bottom:

http://www.stuller.com/public/product.aspx?prodGrpID=820e6ad7-5822-4593-a8b4-c23d6b2a7bad&categoryID=3510f7cf-afb3-40ad-a0cc-022651a0c292

Trim the top of the second to the same width as the first and have them pivit.
Could also use a full bezel for the bottom.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about doing the diamond in a bezel setting and having a small ruby on top. I can''t post a pic, but maybe you can use your imagination of what I am envisioning??? Or if you want do the diamond in a 3 prong martini basket setting and put the ruby on top, that would really show off your diamond well.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2005 4:19:02 PM
Author: Cind11
Not one of you jewelry aficiandos has any ideas???? Darn.
Sorry Cind11, just saw your thread today. How about something like this, put the ruby in the bale?
green_pendant.jpg

edited to fix typo.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Storm, I like the picture of your first post the best. Maybe it would even look neat to have different colored sapphires instead of the rubies. (maybe less expensive than rubies? I don''t know) Kaleigh, your martini setting idea might be appealing too. Tony, where did you find that picture? That is a really pretty mounting. Perhaps I could have something similar made if that came from a place that only sells to the trade. Thanks everyone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 7:50:18 PM
Author: Cind11
Storm, I like the picture of your first post the best. Maybe it would even look neat to have different colored sapphires instead of the rubies. (maybe less expensive than rubies? I don''t know) Kaleigh, your martini setting idea might be appealing too. Tony, where did you find that picture? That is a really pretty mounting. Perhaps I could have something similar made if that came from a place that only sells to the trade. Thanks everyone.

that would be kewl too.
When you get down to that size there isnt a huge difference in price between the colors.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Ruby on bail' sounds great to me!

The pictures below come from the website of Green Lake Jewelery

PEN_A_22773%208.jpg

PEN_M_10006.jpg

PEN_M_10016.jpg

I would definitely prefer a version with a fancy cut ruby or a few small ones line up aside the diamond somehow.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
These are pretty
21.gif

RN30400100_zoom.jpg
RP30400200_zoom.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could the diamond be the 'accent' part for a larger red thing - perhaps not ruby, but tournaline or spinel...

Sort of :

PD17197.jpg

On the other hand, this ruby might match the size of the diamond and give way to a symmetrical design of some sort (lariat?).

What do you have in mind?
2.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Something like this might be fun?

(It was originally the other way but I photoshopped the switch)

diamond&ruby_pendant2.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Valeria, I like the first and third pictures from your first post really well. From your second post, I think the idea of substituting a different red stone would be good so it would be less expensive.
Angel, Did those pictures come from Blue Nile? I like the one on the left.
Albiocca, the one you posted looks cool but it might be a bit too modern for my taste.

Thanks everyone for all the help. It''s great to have so many different ideas. I really appreciate it.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, blue nile!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Now my husband will have some ideas. I was hoping he might have this done by Christmas but he has perhaps waited too long. We''re going to St. Martin over Thanksgiving. Even though I know it might be a rip-off, I am looking forward to checking out jewelry stores while we''re there. Maybe I''ll find some little "trinket" that could be a memento of the trip.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pathetic attempt at what I think could be a pretty pendant (I dont have photoshop, just paint). Take your diamond, and get a smaller ruby add tiny diamonds on the ruby part...(check out the pic, I cant explain haha--I dont know any terms or anything, sorry)...

would need something prongy like to hold in the diamond, and would be some sorta custom order, but I just LOVE assymetrical pieces!

pendant attempt.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetpea, I like asymmetrical pieces too. I just wanted to say thanks again-you''ve all given me some great ideas. I stil haven''t quite decided what direction I''m going to go in with this pendant.

My husband did get me a rainbow sapphire bracelet while we were on vacation. (it will be put away for Christmas.) I don''t know if it was a good deal or not. All I know is that it''s a pretty bracelet and I''m going to enjoy wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results