shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise Needed on a loose diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
I''m in the need of some sound advise. As followed the diamond infor that I got faxed to me today. The measurements are not exactly what was given to me during my last visit to the jewerly store.------- .70 Emerald cut ---measurements--5.79x 4.67x 2.99----Depth---64%-- Table 77%, Crown 7.3%, Pavilion 55.0%, Girdle--Very thin to medicine Polished--- Culet None, Polish---Good, Symmetry--- Good, Carity VS2,Color E,Fluorscence--- Faint, Girdle Inscribed " with EGL US...... a number.----- Thanks for any advise!-----
8.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how different is this information from what you were given before?

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
Belle----- Thanks for answering!---- I was only given the measurements---5.79X 4.67 X2.97.-- What I got today was a faxed copy of the Diamond Certificate.---5.77x 4.67x 2.99. I left a message on the saleslady answering machine, requesting all infor re the diamond that I viewed.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you have seen this diamond and liked it...were you able to compare it to other ec''s?
i''m not loving the numbers. the table is a little big and the crown is quite shallow...that usually isn''t the most desirable combination.

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
Belle--- Thanks for yor advise. Sorry for this red color. I must have hit the wrong button... LOL!
Yes I have seen the stone. The saleslady has only brought of two loose stones from the safe. One was .55 and then this .70. Both looked nice but I think all stones look nice under all those lights. I did take the .70 away from the lights and it did look nice. I only have $4,000.00 to send for a complete diamond ring. This company has a setting that I really like--- Plat. Square shank-- the company is listed as ME. Do you know of this company?---- I think that I will request a better stone to view. Also I have an appoint with Diamond direct.-- Thanks!
36.gif
emsad.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle will set you right, sometimes it can take a little while to find the right diamond, especially with an EC, but research, comparing and asking lots of questions will find you a beauty in the end
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2005 6:13:17 AM
Author: Mrsgardener

I think that I will request a better stone to view.
If so, a smaller table and higher crown should help (they usually go together). The high gardes on EGL paper may not have been dead on what GIA's standard says - so if you liked that one, you will probably find that GIA's anything down to G-VS2 looks indistiguishable.

The smaller the diamond, the less color shows, so you may want to check out lower color and see if it makes a difference whatsoever.

I am saying this not just because of the size & cost issue, but mostly because of the cut - it is rather difficult to find bright ECs and if you narrow the search too much (i.e. picking a narrow weight range and one color&clarity combination) the right stone may just not turn up in due time.

Just my 0.2
1.gif

Have you tried THIS? - a wholesaler's database with pictures, that does a pretty good job showing a range of choices. If you find one you definitely like, chances are a jeweler can call it in for you.

And since I looked around a bit, how about THIS ONE?

68204.jpg

I wish the picture was closer to the size of the real thing (3X instead of 20!)
but it does a good job showing the brighter play of light, as opposed to the 'flat' look of a stone with a large table, like the one below:

17349.jpg

There are other details of cut that come into play there (quite a handful of others, in fact), but choosing between diamonds comes down to whatever information is available about them, and more precise cut details are never there. I am not sure how much would be trully useful either. Pictures are definitely better than nothing though, and online there isn't much else to do.

You have seen the diamond you are talking about, but how to show them here ? ... Pretty sad
38.gif

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
Val 101-- Thanks for the photos.-- The brightness one has some flaws-- Feather and a cloud. Are they bad things?-- Also I''m looking for a square shank setting. One that I have found was made by ME. Do you know the company?-- Thanks!
20.gif

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
20.gif
-- Belle--- What are some good measurements to look for re table and depth?-- Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results