shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for a Clueless Husband

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccepaulb

Rough_Rock
I need some help!

First off, I stumbled into this website while searching for a Christmas gift for my wife and it looks like it could be a good resource for me...

Here''s my deal -
My wife and I recently had triplets in July. It was a very difficult period for my wife and I, more so for her as she spent 3 months on bedrest in the hospital before giving birth to our wonderful children.
I thought that I should do something really special for her this Christmas to show her how much I love and appreciate her. She went through a living hell for our family and never complained one time.
Now I know NOTHING about jewelry! I''ve been to a bunch of B&M stores recently only to be more confused than when I started.
I''m just a regular guy, who owes my wife the world for what she went through for us.
I don''t make a ton of money and the triplets have me tapped, but I need to do something special for her.
I want to get her a 3 stone diamond pendant. Does anyone have any online sources that may be able to work with me and give a good deal on a 1/3 to 1/2 CT total weight pendant?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Kindest Regards, Paul
[email protected]
mailto:[email protected]

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul,
Welcome to PS. Congratulations on the triplets!! Your wife does indeed deserve a nice sparklie!! Take a look at www.whiteflash.com and www.signedpieces.com . SP has a maternity necklace, not sure what the sex of the triplets is but a thought anyways. WF has some pretty diamond necklaces. Good luck, I hope this helps you some!!
1.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
What a WONDERFUL idea!!!!

I''m sure you will get something lovely at either WF or Signed Pieces. I have purchased estate jewelry from Signed Pieces. I found them to have excellent items at reasonable prices.

Congrats on the triplets. I have worked with a woman for close to 17 years who had naturally conceived triplets. She used to tell me stories of how NUTS her life was when they were little. The kids are now 17-18 years old and looking at college.

ccepaulb

Rough_Rock
I looked at the two links that were recommended above and did not see anything that would work.
Does anybody else have any suggestions? I guess I could go back to a B&M store, but from what I''ve been researching here on Pricescope, that may not be such a good idea?

Thanks, Paul

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 4:20:11 PM
Author: ccepaulb

I looked at the two links that were recommended above and did not see anything that would work.
Does anybody else have any suggestions? I guess I could go back to a B&M store, but from what I''ve been researching here on Pricescope, that may not be such a good idea?

Thanks, Paul

Welcome, Paul and congrats to you and your wonderful wife!!!
emwink.gif
I would suggest that you call Whiteflash and let them know your financial limitations and see if they can come up with a helpful solution. Good Old Gold is another resource as well. They are both wonderful to deal with. I called GOG and explained what my limitations were and they definitely honored that and were truly great in every way...

Let us know what you decide and how things go...Best wishes from a mom of 9 kids--no triplets though!
emcrook.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Paul! Triplets! Wow!!!

I found this site...and know NOTHING about them, but they have a whole section on "three stone pendants" with lots of different styles, TCWs, etc. It might be a good place to look for what style you like best.

.... anyway, it's a start: www.diamondsafe.com . Here are a few styles I found there.

Good Luck, and HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS!!!
30.gif

widget

ETA: (Of these three, the smallest version of the one on the left is .97ctw. The other two can be had with .50tcw)

o98j7y6.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out Wink Jones www.winkjones.com "spirit of Christmas" special. With purchase of diamonds, free 3 stone setting!

Since I''m sure finances are tight, just let him know your budget and he could advise you what carat size fits your budget. Although the diamonds might not be large, through him you know the stones will be beautiful.
Good luck on your search!

Jenny

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

To insure Christmas delivery, I would recommend a big outfit online vendor like Mondera or BlueNile. I've bought from both of them and have always had a good experience.

3 stone pendants at Blue Nile You can also create your own 3 stone pendant on this site, but I think the minimum size stones are pretty large.

3 stone pendants at Mondera

P.S. I saw your post about ebay. I would stay clear! I bought diamond earrings from a sell that had lots of feedback (very little of it negative), and they were hugely misrepresented, and I had to make a stink to get a refund. It was a scary few days when they had the money and the earrings and were giving me the run-around every time I called them.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Paul,

I don''t have much to add in your quest, except to tell you if you fail in your 3 stone venture, simply print his post. I am sure your words you submitted will be the best gift you can give your wife. What a great testimonial of your respect and love for her.

Congratulations on your happiness! Door Knob

PS. Ruby is the birthstone for July...if your diamond search deems too expensive. Just a thought. GIRLS want diamonds...first.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 2:36:33 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Paul,

I don''t have much to add in your quest, except to tell you if you fail in your 3 stone venture, simply print his post. I am sure your words you submitted will be the best gift you can give your wife. What a great testimonial of your respect and love for her.

Congratulations on your happiness! Door Knob

PS. Ruby is the birthstone for July...if your diamond search deems too expensive. Just a thought. GIRLS want diamonds...first.

door knob solitaire has been quite eloquent of late! and dead on once again.

welcome, paul....and don''t discount color gems. there are many of us here at pricescope that have committed the ultimate sin of falling in love with the beautiful color sparklies. you might get more bang for your buck in the world of color. but if you know she would love a diamond, you''ve come to the right place for help.

peace, movie zombie

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2005 3:49:58 PM
Author:ccepaulb

Does anyone have any online sources that may be able to work with me and give a good deal on a 1/3 to 1/2 CT total weight pendant?
Could it be a solitaire pendant? It's not much of a three-thing, but one nice & classic piece of jewelry after all. You could add the other two stones later
31.gif

On the other hand, Google Images turned out this from a bunch of shops, and finally from (one of the) the jewelry wholesalers who actually makes the settings! The picture below is from the latter - Stuller, of course

62480_.75ct_14kw.jpg

One thing I like is that three small diamonds add up to something noticeable.

In fact, it reminds me of a small Tiffany pendant I also like quite a bit - but has four diamonds in it. I was hoping to find something with three, and there it was.

Here's the small Lace pendant from Tiffany's:

17339109_FL_LRG.jpg

That is .1cts overall and very tiny. I would definitely prefer three 10pts each.

It should be easy to have a pendant like that put together by any jeweler who works with Stuller (and many do). IMO, it does matter to have the diamonds well cut - it helps show off anything. And this is why I have limited enthusiasm for off-the-rack jewelry. The less expensive the pieces are, the higher the markup (%-wise) and greater the chance to end up paying good money for not much at all.
15.gif

PS. just notices the complicated Holyday discount at Wink's. Well, apparently the setting gets free if you get the three stones to be at least half carat - which is like .15each and those are definitely not expensive. There are other Stuller things on his website so... this may work. (well, I don't know for sure - the shop is not going to make money on this!)

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh Ana! I love that 3 stone "clover" type pendant you posted!

Paul -- if finances are *really* tight (as I can imagine they would be with triplets -- congratulations by the way!) this may sounds silly or strange, but does your wife or any one in her family have a diamond ring (anniversary band, RHR, etc.) that they don''t wear anymore? Maybe you can use the diamonds from a piece like that to make the pendant? My MIL is doing that for my SIL for christmas -- she has an anniversary band that she never wears (not sure why?) and MIL is having the ring remade into a cluster pendant.

If you don''t like that idea, I can''t imagine that 3, 10 point stones would be that expensive. The setting itself might be around $60 and if she doesn''t need a chain you can put more money into the stones.
2.gif

I have an almost 3 year old and a 20 month old and I''m still waiting for my new mom gift!
2.gif
We''re getting a new minivan for christmas so I guess that should be enough (guess who gets to drive it...
2.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results