shape
carat
color
clarity

Indecisive...what do you think of this vintage ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I'm guessing that it's not actually Edwardian era (as the seller states)...it does look like rings I've seen from the '20's. It's 125.00.

Any opinions on the price? Style? Should I go for it? I've been looking for a vintage aqua ring for a while....it would need to be resized up a size and possibly rhodium-plated.

Thanks in advance.

aquavintage33.jpg

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and the seller says that it the stone does have some surface scuffs that can be seen by a loupe, but not the naked eye. It''s white gold.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I like it! Have you seen it in person? I especially like the E/W orientation of the aqua.

Of course it's really hard to get a sense of its condition from the picture. If you wanted, you could someday have the aqua repolished. If you haven't seen it, is there a good return policy?

I think it's a very pretty ring for the price...I only wish the aqua had a little more color...even still, if it were me, I'd be sorely tempted!
1.gif

widget

As to the vintage...I'd guess early Deco...but that's only a guess...

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I like the e-w orientation, too. I haven''t seen it in person.

It would be nice to have a darker aqua...the setting is in pretty good shape acc. to the seller, with some "softening" around the edges from wear, which is probably fairly typical.

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
The seller will allow me to return it for a ten dollar fee, so I went for it. Hope that I like it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is VERY pretty.

bedazzled101

Rough_Rock
the ring is very beautiful? I would get the stone replaced though...also ask if it is heated or unheated...i don''t know too much but i am pretty sure they are worth more if they are unheated...
41.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love everything about it - but do wish the aqua were a bit darker. Still, with that return policy it''s worth checking out - I hope you end up liking it!!!

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I''m still waiting on it...it should be here next week sometime. I''ve found a B&M antique jeweler who will service it.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results